Club 33 pricing announced-open to Golden Oaks residents first

Yes you have 1901 but wasn’t sure if that was included with Club 33 or now. Disneyland Club 33 also doesn’t include premiere park passes I believe either.
Disneyland's Club 33 includes 4 premier passports, 50 one day park hoppers, 5 VIP tours, use of Salon Nouveau, the Grand Salon (both in Disneyland), 1901 (in DCA), concierge services for preplanning, fastpasses, upgrades at the hotels, valet parking, and a few other perks. Just for comparison.

Disneyland's Club 33 includes 4 premier passports, 50 one day park hoppers, 5 VIP tours, use of Salon Nouveau, the Grand Salon (both in Disneyland), 1901 (in DCA), concierge services for preplanning, fastpasses, upgrades at the hotels, valet parking, and a few other perks. Just for comparison.
Ok thanks! I didn’t remember hearing premiere was included with there’s.

My Club 33 interview meeting is coming up soon. Obviously I won’t be able to post anything about any of what is said, but I’m curious to hear all of the benefits from the horse’s mouth, as they say.

From what I’ve read here and elsewhere, the price paid per year matches or exceeds the value you receive (besides the initiation fee), once all of the lounges are open.

Even though I can afford to join and legitimately WANT to join, I do have a couple of concerns....

The first is a lack of an exclusive restaurant, which DL has. Even though you have to pay for dinner, that’s a huge value in my opinion that WDW won’t have. I’m hoping they change their mind and add a restaurant to the Animal Kingdom club.

The second is that two of the four lounges aren’t even completed and they aren’t (from what I have heard through the grapevine) prorating the first year fees (which again, from what I have heard, is $33k + $15k + tax = $51k first year). Just because I can afford $51k doesn’t mean I’m a sucker. If Club 33 isn’t complete, why should I pay full price? My wife’s favorite park is Animal Kingdom and that won’t even been ready for another 1+ years. A lot of people have wealth because they know the value of a dollar, negotiate, and know a good deal from a bad.

I’m an ultra-local (I live 5 minutes from Magic Kingdom) so if offered an invite, I will really need to decide if this is the best use of $50k for my family. We go to the parks a handful of times a month and we can just buy tickets as needed, buy the Premier Passports (which we have had previously, but just have Platinum Plus right now), buy VIP tours as needed, and I’ve been able to schedule FastPasses for every ride we’ve ever wanted by just some slight advanced planning. Heck I can even get congierge by staying Club Level at any resort. So as a local, is the value REALLY there? I can take my family on four additional 7-day Disney Cruises (28 full days) in a full concierge one-bedroom suite, and that includes international travel, food, lodging, and entertainment for that same amount of money. And then I’m lucky enough to come back home to WDW.

I don’t want this to sound like a negative post... it really isn’t. But it’s important to take the rose colored glasses off when going into a commitment like this, even if you have lots of disposable income.

I’m excited for our meeting just to learn more and hopefully get the chance to even consider joining, which is a hard enough step to get to as it is. If I get to that point, my wife and I will discuss and make a descison at that time. It would be hard to turn down simply because of the lore and exclusivity of Club 33.

SIDE NOTE: For anyone who has been through an interview... if my info above is off or not correct, please message me privately letting me know what is wrong so I can remove it from the post. I don’t want to mistakenly spread wrong info. I’m just posting what I have read on other sites. Thanks.

All valid points of consideration, and the answers will be highly individual to each person/family. But one thing we also considered when making our decision was whether the opportunity to join would ever come up again. Should we pass now because it's not complete or not quite right for us at this very moment, would we ever have the chance to get in later? That's very much NOT guaranteed based on the reports from membership at the other locations around the globe. So part of the full value of membership is also the value of the very opportunity to join.

Should we pass now because it's not complete or not quite right for us at this very moment, would we ever have the chance to get in later? That's very much NOT guaranteed based on the reports from membership at the other locations around the globe.

This is the #1 reason I would have a hard time saying "no" to be honest. Because saying "no" may mean you can never get in again if you end up with regrets of not joining. I totally understand this point and it constantly crosses my mind.

This is the #1 reason I would have a hard time saying "no" to be honest. Because saying "no" may mean you can never get in again if you end up with regrets of not joining. I totally understand this point and it constantly crosses my mind.
Yes, once you receive the paperwork, you have 7 days to accept. It is quite limited. And if you say no now, and you do get an offer again in a few years, you can guarantee the initiation fees will be considerably higher.

My Club 33 interview meeting is coming up soon. Obviously I won’t be able to post anything about any of what is said, but I’m curious to hear all of the benefits from the horse’s mouth, as they say.

From what I’ve read here and elsewhere, the price paid per year matches or exceeds the value you receive (besides the initiation fee), once all of the lounges are open.

Even though I can afford to join and legitimately WANT to join, I do have a couple of concerns....

The first is a lack of an exclusive restaurant, which DL has. Even though you have to pay for dinner, that’s a huge value in my opinion that WDW won’t have. I’m hoping they change their mind and add a restaurant to the Animal Kingdom club.

The second is that two of the four lounges aren’t even completed and they aren’t (from what I have heard through the grapevine) prorating the first year fees (which again, from what I have heard, is $33k + $15k + tax = $51k first year). Just because I can afford $51k doesn’t mean I’m a sucker. If Club 33 isn’t complete, why should I pay full price? My wife’s favorite park is Animal Kingdom and that won’t even been ready for another 1+ years. A lot of people have wealth because they know the value of a dollar, negotiate, and know a good deal from a bad.

I’m an ultra-local (I live 5 minutes from Magic Kingdom) so if offered an invite, I will really need to decide if this is the best use of $50k for my family. We go to the parks a handful of times a month and we can just buy tickets as needed, buy the Premier Passports (which we have had previously, but just have Platinum Plus right now), buy VIP tours as needed, and I’ve been able to schedule FastPasses for every ride we’ve ever wanted by just some slight advanced planning. Heck I can even get congierge by staying Club Level at any resort. So as a local, is the value REALLY there? I can take my family on four additional 7-day Disney Cruises (28 full days) in a full concierge one-bedroom suite, and that includes international travel, food, lodging, and entertainment for that same amount of money. And then I’m lucky enough to come back home to WDW.

I don’t want this to sound like a negative post... it really isn’t. But it’s important to take the rose colored glasses off when going into a commitment like this, even if you have lots of disposable income.

I’m excited for our meeting just to learn more and hopefully get the chance to even consider joining, which is a hard enough step to get to as it is. If I get to that point, my wife and I will discuss and make a descison at that time. It would be hard to turn down simply because of the lore and exclusivity of Club 33.

SIDE NOTE: For anyone who has been through an interview... if my info above is off or not correct, please message me privately letting me know what is wrong so I can remove it from the post. I don’t want to mistakenly spread wrong info. I’m just posting what I have read on other sites. Thanks.

I recently received the background information form so we'll see what happens. I probably sent my email expressing interest back in July/August. Curious to find out what the plans are for the AK C33 as well - a restaurant would be fantastic. I'm NY-based but probably make it down to FL 3-4 times a year so this may be worth it all things considered. I had recently filled out the background info form for DL C33 but given their much higher initiation fee and no idea where I am on the waiting list, WDW C33 may make much more sense?

All valid points of consideration, and the answers will be highly individual to each person/family. But one thing we also considered when making our decision was whether the opportunity to join would ever come up again. Should we pass now because it's not complete or not quite right for us at this very moment, would we ever have the chance to get in later? That's very much NOT guaranteed based on the reports from membership at the other locations around the globe. So part of the full value of membership is also the value of the very opportunity to join.

Yes, once you receive the paperwork, you have 7 days to accept. It is quite limited. And if you say no now, and you do get an offer again in a few years, you can guarantee the initiation fees will be considerably higher.

While (unfortunately) we are not at the place of being able to both comfortably afford this and travel down enough to justify the cost, I totally agree with the bolded statements above. Now will be the BEST time to join! We all know that Disney prices go in only one direction - UP! And my guess is that WDW Club 33 will be in progress for the next couple of years as they finish the lounges and maybe even add some other amenities. I look at it as this IS the discounted rate.

Anyone know or want to guess what they’re looking for on this mystical inquiry form? From what I’ve gathered, it doesn’t seem the form asks for much more than basic information. Just curious as I know people who would not come across impressive on paper, but they could more than afford being a member - how do you think they are able to decide who is worthy of an interview from this form?

Just put down the basics. They aren't asking for more. Be aware, Disneyland's club 33 has had enough issues over the past 10 years, and the WDW Club 33 has learned from Anaheim's issues. Being able to afford is not the only requirement.

Just put down the basics. They aren't asking for more. Be aware, Disneyland's club 33 has had enough issues over the past 10 years, and the WDW Club 33 has learned from Anaheim's issues. Being able to afford is not the only requirement.

I understand the form asks for basic information, but that’s where my curiosity comes from - how can you get a feel for an applicant with such basic info? I’m not privy to the issues you speak of, but I didn’t mean to imply the only merit they’re accepting people by is their net worth. From what I’ve read, some people have gotten interviews and some haven’t after filling out the form - I was just wondering if anyone had thoughts on what the difference maker might be!

We have our interview In 2 weeks. We will have our children with us in the trip. Can anyone recommend whether we should bring them or just one adult should attend? Thanks!!

Look again closely at your invitation, and you should see the answer to this :)

I understand the form asks for basic information, but that’s where my curiosity comes from - how can you get a feel for an applicant with such basic info? I’m not privy to the issues you speak of, but I didn’t mean to imply the only merit they’re accepting people by is their net worth. From what I’ve read, some people have gotten interviews and some haven’t after filling out the form - I was just wondering if anyone had thoughts on what the difference maker might be!

There's not a lot those of us who have gotten to or past the interview stage can share, but I can reiterate that it really has nothing to do with net worth. I was never once asked for financial information during any point of the process. I'm sure what they are looking for is largely "we'll know it when we see it".

There's not a lot those of us who have gotten to or past the interview stage can share, but I can reiterate that it really has nothing to do with net worth. I was never once asked for financial information during any point of the process. I'm sure what they are looking for is largely "we'll know it when we see it".

Thank you for your insight! I have no sources or anything, so I was simply asking for people’s thoughts, and not trying to argue a point. I made a presumption based on the fact that they offered membership to Golden Oak owners first, but I stand corrected with your first hand experience! I know it is a secretive process by design, but that’s what makes it fun (for me at least) to try to piece it together :)

Thank you for your insight! I have no sources or anything, so I was simply asking for people’s thoughts, and not trying to argue a point. I made a presumption based on the fact that they offered membership to Golden Oak owners first, but I stand corrected with your first hand experience! I know it is a secretive process by design, but that’s what makes it fun (for me at least) to try to piece it together :)
You will be told at the interview all information is confidential, if they select you for membership, you will receive further information, which you are told is confidential. None of the questions leading to membership have included "Can you afford this?"

you must also realize Disney probably already knows if you can afford it by a looking up your home value and b the amount of money you have spent historically at Disney, which they love to track and data mine. All in all every Disney guess is just a small multi data point piece in Disneys analytics. As a IT professional, you would be surprised how much info can be accurately learned from just your place of resident and access to a small database with purchase history for example, your shopping rewards card at any location. Disney has not only a database similar to a rewards card to what you buy, but also because of its online shopping portal and its RFID info in the parks, they can even infer your own personal "value" point.

If I was working for Disney and had the info they have just by your address and your Disney affiliated purchases, I could easily tell if you historically would have a problem paying 51k to join and if you could and would be able to afford 51k a year to continue both paying membership dues and continue to shop and visit my parks at the level you currently do

Anyone know or want to guess what they’re looking for on this mystical inquiry form?

What inquiry form? I know I am late to the party, but I sent an email early last month and only got the auto reply. Is there now a form to fill out? Or is that something that happens after they get back to my initial inquiry?

Since I didn't hear back, I was going to email them again closer to my family's October trip (since I had no trips for this year scheduled when I emailed them last).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter