Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - that’s from yesterday. They actually usually update this every afternoon, around 3-4pm eastern time. I usually just google ‘Coronavirus numbers *insert state here*’, then go to the news results.

edit: or maybe Florida updates theirs earlier? Maybe I’m wrong about this!
The state reports are released between 10-11am ET every day, once a day, for the day prior.

I would guess that as the weeks get closer they would start releases some of the reserved resort capacity to the general public. Best to check back often I'd think.

I wonder if they will or the bucket thing is effectively doing what Universal has done for resort guests that people praised, guaranteed park access (the reservation aspect just makes sure no one park gets overwhelmed).

Exactly. Truthfully it doesn’t matter if THEY contracted it at Disney or not. If they contracted it before getting there it only means they were contagious the whole time they were there potentially exposing anyone else they had any contact with during their stay and during their travel to and from. So brushing it off as “they probably already had it” is silly because while it would mean THEY didn’t catch it there, it doesn’t take away the fact that them having it at all exposed other guests. Hopefully they followed the rules and behaved responsibly during their stay and did not pass it on to anyone but these are the kinds of scenarios people need to be thinking about before they move forward with their trips.
Totally agree with you - and would like to know if they notified Disney or if their state's contract tracer contacted Disney to notify others of the potential risk.

Obviously it's not permanent but neither are any walls Disney puts up. They still theme them in some way. Do you think that people paying GF prices should be seeing those ugly chain link fences for 3 months?

Only people there will be staying at the villas. So at least it limits the number of people being impacted. Personally, it would not bother me since it’s my favorite.,,but I know others will.

I’m Curious what goes next - New Years? Christmas? Columbus Day? I’m just nerdy enough to be excited by it.

I keep checking around Christmas and New Years but guess just too far out

Not sure what September holidays people get in Florida - I know in NY schools get out for some of the Jewish holidays ... Though at this point we still have no idea how schools are going to run come Sept.

Has anyone used the DME from the airport, yet?

Has anyone received their DME luggage tag, yet?

I read that the WDW resort's DME offices are initially closed and when you depart your resort at the end of your vacation I presume there will be a way to set up a DME pick-up time using the MDE. You will have your luggage at the resort's DME pick-up site and when you get to the airport, you take your luggage to your airline to be checked-in. And if you don't already have your ticket on your phone, you also get that at your airline.

I've seen photos of the MCO's airport DME before the resorts opened and it looks like they have prepared for social distancing.

Some Ariels have made me shudder from some of the attempted notes that came out of them during Part of Your World. It was evident it wasn't a recording.

Have heard one or two ladies at FotLK like this during Can You Feel the Love Tonight. Last one I saw had me feeling grateful on her behalf that it was Disney and not the Apollo Theater on Amateur Night. No shade but Sandman definitely would have come for her.

For what its worth, they are reporting on the local news here in Florida that these are "lab dumps". Still lab dump or not it is what it is...

They have to be because Florida doesn’t have that kind of daily testing capability.

Given other trends from states that have gotten hit hard, Florida will steadily climb into next week and probably start leveling off next weekend before the numbers start descending. What happens from there will depend on how people act on the 4th of July weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter