DCL coming to LA for summer 2008?

I called also and got the same info...nothing till the end of the month?????geesh what a bummer...and I was all jazzed. Will have to see what happens throughout the day, it is possible that they just do not know yet and it will be coming out later. They always tell me that they are the last to know and are never told till the moment of...so...can wait and see...popcorn::

We got the same message, MAYBE, they will let us know later today?????

I cant imagine them making the announcement that they are telling everyone on the 17th and then getting everyone hyped and not releasing any info????

MAYBE, they are waiting for the West Coast to be up and about????

Looking forward to hearing the news!!!!

PC

Sitting here on the West Coast thinking to myself that "hey it's past 9:00 am on the East Coast, I better check the DIS for the announcement" - now it maybe Friday:scared1: - Say it isn't so!!!:eek: What worries me is that no one seems to know when the anouncement would be today. Shouldn't there be a scheduled press conference on something like this???:confused:

The press conference has been scheduled for some time now to be next week
We were hoping that they moved up the announcement until this week but we may not know until Friday

The press conference has been scheduled for some time now to be next week
We were hoping that they moved up the announcement until this week but we may not know until Friday

Oh - I guess I got caught up in watching all the DIS hype popcorn:: (imagine that). Is the Officially Scheduled announcement supposed to be the 24th then, and if so, what time of day??

Right, I think the press conference was originally scheduled for the 24th, but then they said the announcement would be sooner.

I'm thinking the powers that be at DCL were perusing the Dis boards, just to gauge interest perhaps, and saw the posts re: kind of funny that they would make any kind of official announcement before they got final approval from the port and they thought good point - better hold off.

Way to go Dis sleuths. Should have never brought that little detail to their attention. ;)

Although a bit scary, I'd rather believe that than to think they have been toying with us all the whole time.
:scared:

Here is what is on that thread ....looks like we will have to wait till Tomorrow or longer.....popcorn::

WebmasterRegina vbmenu_register("postmenu_16459634", true);

We've been told that the announcement has been pushed back until tomorrow and will take place at DCL's Celebration office. We don't know the time of this event.

They're also saying that booking may not start on the 31st. :headache:

You know....they might wait until after Feb 11th -that's when the med repo cruisers have to pay for their cruises right?

You know....they might wait until after Feb 11th -that's when the med repo cruisers have to pay for their cruises right?

Each sailing has a different due date (I think ;) )

I also think that most of us all have our flights booked and paid - unless there is some other reason :confused3

I do hope they announce it tomorrow. I am getting all worked up and I have no (or at least had none) plans to cruise next year - yet i keep thinking could a repo be an option:rolleyes:

Each sailing has a different due date (I think ;) )

I also think that most of us all have our flights booked and paid - unless there is some other reason :confused3

I do hope they announce it tomorrow. I am getting all worked up and I have no (or at least had none) plans to cruise next year - yet i keep thinking could a repo be an option:rolleyes:

My Med cruise due date to pay was April 27th, however I have paid in full, so I do not think they can delay for that.

when is the big press conference that's supposed to announce the building of the 3rd ship scheduled? Maybe they'll announce then...although I hope for all of you it's sooner. I'm waiting for Disney to confirm going to Alaska ( I know with another ship, not summer 08):goodvibes ...not Mexico.

Alaska...me too!!! There is so much to see and do there that adults and kids would both appreciate. A nice calm water cruise on the inside passage...I have looked into taking Princess but I am afraid the older people & staff will not embrace the young kids like DCL..

I'm hoping Alaska 2010 on DCL on ship #3....

Yup....

... I called DCL today (again) to try and massage something out of the Cast Member who fielded my call - and they only admitted that last time they ran a west coast series ... blah - blah - blah... so I had to wait til tomorrow (today) to get info. I hope it come out as expected... as we've got a pretty good idea of what we want to do!!! ;)

Below are a few rates that were booked for the PC repo sailings from 2005 AND,... may I add that we should really be thanking Lisa (Ibgraves) for the link to the 2004 thread with these PC rates.... I just went through the 6 pages of the other thread and seperated most of the commentary from the basic rate data - and ocassionally left some interesting remarks that were dropped.....

Category 9 (all ther SPR's were gone already)
2 adults, 2 children
No transfers, no insurance and no air $4643.46

Price is better than I thought - considering I paid $2900 for a 7 day in a Category 10

I was the first reservation of the CM for the West coast cruises.

Price for Cat. 9 family of 4 ONLY for the 14 days is: $5243.56 - total w/ trip insurance, no transfers, no air.

(Fare by itself for our family = $4,596)

Barbara!!!!!!!

Cat 4, CA to FL repositioning cruise for $8023 (no transfers or ins.)

Family of 4, DW, DD(11), DD(7) and myself. DW started at 12:56 and heard there were 200 in queue. Booked by about 1:15.

We are in for the CA to FL re-position cruise!

Stateroom ~ 7120 (partial obstructed plexi verendah)

Cruisers ~ Walt, Lori & Dean (18) TRIPLE

Cost ~ $5927.67

got ours cat 12 gty 1 adult 2 kids $3107 I believe with insurance according to the site without s/b $2872.00 can't wait ...

I booked cat 6 (I figure I want a verandah for a cruise that long), Aug East bound repositioning, 2 adults, 2 kids under 6 ~ $6,793.56.
No transfers or insurance.

We got 2105 category 10 for 2 adults and 2 11 year olds. Total price is 4443.56 with insurance. I will turn 40 the day after Panama Canal port!!!:happy2:

I also got a qoute for the June 25th 7 day. It was 8oo more for the same exact room. This really is the deal of the century. I hope airfare isn't out of control!!

Got through to DCL after 55 minutes on the phone ... Cat 10 for 2 adults/1 child (DD9) = $3982.67
Cabin 2131 now reserved!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

were in!!! CAT 10 ME, DW, DD15, DD8 $4643.56.

We got our rooms - 2 cat. 11's June 25th 7th deck
$5030 for 2 adults along with our 2 DS's - 13 and 11
$2965 for 2 adults right next door!

No air fare or transfers or insurance. I was on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes - very nice CM Bridget was very helpful and cheerful

We have 2 GTY 12 for the FL to CA

With air, transfers, insurance and taxes from Oregon is $4158.38 with DCL. I have not gotten anything from DU yet. :Pinkbounc

... ended up with Ca to FL cat 11 room 7627 for hubby and myself for $2921.78 (no insurance no transfers)...

At around 1220 hrs Category 7 with two adults and one child with no insurance and no transfers listed at $5402. At 1645 hrs it is now $6802!!!!!

When I booked at 11 PST our cat 7, no transfers or insurance, 2 adults, 1 teen was $5602.67...at 1 PST it was $7082.67...now if I only had investments that behaved that way.

:surfweb: Cheers and chuckles...

Stay tuned tomorrow 1:30 EST

Gee, maybe I will take a late lunch tomorrow??? It should be fun around here, IF the announcement is indeed made tomorrow at 1:30pm. ;)

It is. Apparently you're slacking off. ;)

Stay tuned tomorrow 1:30 EST (11:30 PST) for the announcement from DCL.

Did someone pass that on to you...how sis you find out that 1:30 is the time?????:)

46 pages??? I just found this 30 minutes ago...Did I miss something from pages 4 thru 43? We're cruising DCL for my 40th BD next summer...:woohoo:

Pages 1-4 I was disheartened to hear about the possibility of the Mexican Riviera.. Living in CA, that doesn't seem like much of a vacation to me. Mexico doesn't do anything for me either. Pages 43-46, I started to get caught up in the whole idea of actually doing this.

Just sent an email to all the family to tell then to stand by for upcoming news. Still not sure, but the wife and I are doing a Western Caribbean this fall w/o kids :thumbsup2. on Princess :confused3. Already did the Eastern on a misdirected Hurricane Wilma cruise. Not happy, but a Mexican Riviera cruise might just have to do.

I'll guess I'll play the waiting game w/ the rest of you...:coffee:

[QUOTE="Got Disney";16468787]Did someone pass that on to you...how sis you find out that 1:30 is the time?????:)[/QUOTE]

I'm clairvoyant. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter