DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

Looks like they’ve offered relaxed cancellations on the dream for sailings up until March 2022. Must be cancelled by begging of august.
Notice you have to cancel BEFORE the first US cruise sails. That's has me more irritated than anything right now. Let us see what the reality is and then let us decide if we want to cancel. Just more bad business decisions - I'm very disappointed in Disney.

Notice you have to cancel BEFORE the first US cruise sails. That's has me more irritated than anything right now. Let us see what the reality is and then let us decide if we want to cancel. Just more bad business decisions - I'm very disappointed in Disney.

Watch the The Magic UK Vlogs, you will see exactly what the new cruise experience is like. Everything is basically the same as what the US August cruises will be like

I caught that too and quite frankly thought it was pretty darn shady as well. Not good and also very disappointed in DCL right now.

Watch the The Magic UK Vlogs, you will see exactly what the new cruise experience is like. Everything is basically the same as what the US August cruises will be like

The ships are not the same, but I get what you are saying and I will be watching them all this weekend. I would like information on concierge and Remy, hopefully shoreside or my TA will provide those. Also Caribbean ports of call (as best they know right now).

I guess then everyone will have to decide if they they can live with it before PIF.

Looks like they’ve offered relaxed cancellations on the dream for sailings up until March 2022. Must be canceled by begging of august.
There is a cancel by date? We're thinking maybe first view videos/read reviews of those first few August cruises before making our decision to cancel.

Is there anywhere a clarification for this part?
Guests who are fully vaccinated may choose to provide proof of vaccination in order to be exempt from pre-trip and Embarkation Day testing requirements (unless arriving from outside the United States) and travel insurance requirements.

Does it mean same day arrival or even if I spend a week in Florida before embarkation?

Good question, but they may not have system of verifying that.

As a lot of people do. Generally, we would be at WDW a few days or a week before the cruise.

Last edited:
I have been trying to get caught up with all this announcements dropped this morning. I decided to finally lock in my airfare today. Regardless of all the new protocols...we are still going. It was a mega bonus to learn that our 4-night was upgraded to a double dip at CC!

Looks like as long as we can show our vaccination cards, we won't need to test before the cruise. I thought we would still need to do a rapid test prior to boarding but that's not the case.

Not too sure how they'll work the pool areas with limited capacity. I guess they'll just have a set number of bathers in the jacuzzi/pool and once someone gets out somebody else can go in but it would be nice to have some sort of check-in process to keep things more structured and organized. I could be overthinking this though! The Magic test cruise looked pretty thin in terms of people in the pools so perhaps it won't be too crowded. I would love to find out just what the capacity will be on these ships. Being that my cruise is no longer listed, nobody can book and if people start canceling due to the new protocols then I feel we'll have plenty of room on the ship.

A bit bummed to see that the Rainforest room will now be a private experience but for $174 ...I guess we won't be doing that.
Palo brunch is still sold out but with the buffet gone it's not a priority.

Hopefully Beauty and the Beast will be playing on the Dream as their one broadway show offering but not much we can do about it if it's not.

Looking forward to getting on board.

I am not aware of this development.
I was not either (and had to go look), and can't tell for sure if the stay for the injunction against the CDC conditional sail order impacts the prevention of vaccine proof. There is reporting to suggest that FL thinks they have to fight the stay in order to keep their ban on vaccine requirements for cruise ships. (I hope this was informative and fact stating enough to survive a comment purge, I am really trying).

The ships are not the same, but I get what you are saying and I will be watching them all this weekend. I would like information on concierge and Remy, hopefully shoreside or my TA will provide those. Also Caribbean ports of call (as best they know right now).

This channel Travel With Mia has videos about concierge on Disney Magic

Remy most likely will be like Palo on The Magic, QR code and table service

I would just expect everything you see on the UK Vlogs regarding the cruise experience to be the same on The Dream but with small adjustments depending on ship specific things.

This channel Travel With Mia has videos about concierge on Disney Magic

Remy most likely will be like Palo on The Magic, QR code and table service

I would just expect everything you see on the UK Vlogs regarding the cruise experience to be the same on The Dream but with small adjustments depending on ship specific things.

do you know of any UK vlogs that show Remy out of curiosity?

most Cruises inside the normal cancellation window are covered under the current COVID clauses and those outside still have the normal cancellation windows- so the majority of if not all of cruisers have significant flexibility. anyone more than 60 days out can already cancel with no penalty-

The only questionable ones are concierge as they have different policies and I don’t know them enough to comment on them..

Does anyone know how long the once per day Oceaneer Club reservations are for on the current Magic sailings in the UK? Or if that option is available for anyone with online check-in for the first Dream sailings?

Our cruise is in Februry but leaning toward cancelling. Wont make the desicion until closer to PIF. But if things don't change especially once kiddos can be vaccinated we are out. Too much money to have to schedule only one time for kids clubs, shows, and masks. We will be vaccinated and want to relax. Will probably switch over to NCL and have a more normal experience. Time will tell.

Because it never happened. Only thing that happened was a judge issuing a stay on the FL vs CDC lawsuit. It is under appeal.
There is some reporting that FL thinks they have to fight the stay (or win the case) to keep vaccine requirements from being able to be applied to cruise ships. If you search for something like "Federal ruling prohibits Florida’s cruise ship ‘vaccine passport’ ban; state to appeal" you will likely see some of that reporting.

I had missed this being a result, and it may even just be temporary until this winds its way through the court or becomes moot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter