DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

On a lighter note.
Yesterday was Dad's 88th birthday and while the hearing might not be so good, the ol' man is still all there and we had a good time taking him out for dinner.
My kids surprised him when we got him back home and shared some cake too.
All in all, a pretty enjoyable evening.
Very nice. :thumbsup2

Morning everyone from a sunny Westfield NB. We are in flood preparation mode here, river is supposed to Crest 1.1meters(4ft) above flood levels by the end of the week.Rain in the forecast for the next four days. Not good for people in or near flood zones

But it would give the info that the French army supplies sunscreen. So their troops armpits don’t get sunburn.

(This could run all week)

hEDE05E2C

Morning everyone from a sunny Westfield NB. We are in flood preparation mode here, river is supposed to Crest 1.1meters(4ft) above flood levels by the end of the week.Rain in the forecast for the next four days. Not good for people in or near flood zones

Same for Fredericton, suppose to be at 7.6 meters by Sunday, that's about the same amount over flood level. What is scary is that it will go from 6.3 meters to 7.6 in 24 hours.

Same for Fredericton, suppose to be at 7.6 meters by Sunday, that's about the same amount over flood level. What is scary is that it will go from 6.3 meters to 7.6 in 24 hours.

Stay safe, folks.

:lmao:

I walked the Signal Hill Trail in St. John's, Newfoundland. It's not a long trail, but it starts and ends with a sizeable cliff. You'll see from the pictures that it wasn't particularly warm, but there is a rugged beauty to this part of the world.

Thanks for the photos! Looks like a neat hike.

And lastly, for those intellectuals in the room, your history lesson for today.

There are intellectuals here? :confused3

I like the fact that the sign about the French defeat is translated into French. Feels like an extra kick in the teeth. "Hey, here's how you guys lost..."

i was reading the sign. "The French were compelled to surrender"....there's a phrase you don't hear much (cough)

:rotfl2:

The British probably gave them an angry stare

:rotfl2:

Change this to "driver's license" and "engineering degree" and you have my career summed up. Doesn't stop anyone, though.

But it would give the info that the French army supplies sunscreen. So their troops armpits don’t get sunburn.

(This could run all week)

popcorn::

Top O the Mornin Dads! Happy Friday e.......for those that have Friday off, the work week is almost over, that's all I got, be safe out there.
On a lighter note.
Yesterday was Dad's 88th birthday and while the hearing might not be so good, the ol' man is still all there and we had a good time taking him out for dinner.
My kids surprised him when we got him back home and shared some cake too.
All in all, a pretty enjoyable evening.
That's great! Happy 88th to Dad!
Be safe guys, thoughts are with you.

Yuck. Hope it's not as bad as feared.

Last year was crazy, once in a lifetime. But then again, they said that in 2008.

I remember the photos you posted from that one bridge. Crazy.

Yuck. Hope it's not as bad as feared.

I remember the photos you posted from that one bridge. Crazy.

It has been revised upwards, now at 8.1 meters on Monday. That is near the level from last year but the problem last year was that it went to that level and stayed for almost 2 weeks. Flooding here is usually more short term as the river empties into the Bay of Fundy. Hopefully this year the level won't stay up for long.

It has been revised upwards, now at 8.1 meters on Monday. That is near the level from last year but the problem last year was that it went to that level and stayed for almost 2 weeks. Flooding here is usually more short term as the river empties into the Bay of Fundy. Hopefully this year the level won't stay up for long.
That's kinda along the lines of what I was thinking/wondering. I was thinking with your close proximity to the ocean, the water should flow out to the ocean quite a bit more than cause flooding.

That's kinda along the lines of what I was thinking/wondering. I was thinking with your close proximity to the ocean, the water should flow out to the ocean quite a bit more than cause flooding.

The Saint John River(418 miles long) and Kennebecasis River(59 miles) join in Grand Bay, then flow out to the Bay of Fundy through a narrow gorge.Together they drain about 22000 sq miles of land. There is only so much water that will pass through, so it acts some what like a dam. Then when the Bay of Fundy tide is at it's high tide, it is 14 1/2 feet higher than the river, this backs the water up the river. When the tide is high the water backs up the river over 55 miles , just above where Darcy lives. So add in the spring melt and rains, witch increase the flow about six times, it just backs up.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter