DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning buddy. My BIL marshalls the British GP, so he must be there.

Put about half the fence panels in, just rubbed some butt that I'll put in the smoker at about midnight tonight, so I might be around for the call if there is one. Here's a little shot of the porky monster. The butcher he'd let me have it for half price if I stuck a couple of pictures on his FB page. Sounds like a good deal.

Have a great day chaps

They are at Silverstone this weekend.

Just rubbing some butt means something different to me. ;)

Hey guys, not much new to report from me.
I've been getting settled back into working night shift the last few days.
Having a terrible time trying to sleep during the day so far. The first couple days are usually tough for me to adjust, so it's nothing new.

That's gotta be tough on your body to shift sleep patterns like that. How long out do you start to re-shift your sleeping for a day shift?
It is tough on the body.
And I probably don't do it a particularly good way. I only try to take a nap the afternoon before I do a night shift, but I'm not a very good napper. I tend to just suffer through the first shift and hope I can get my sleep pattern sorted out after a couple days.
The only good thing with my long stretch of shift work is that I get used to it and can sleep fairly well for 10 days or so.
I think I would find it harder to switch from days to night and back every few days, but I know a lot of people like @pkondz who do it, so I guess it just depends what you're used to.

Just rubbing some butt means something different to me. ;)
Well, I was out of it for a couple days, but I come back to find Dan is rubbing butt and aiming for the small exhaust port.
So glad you guys never change.

Happy Saturday evening. Made it thru 3 tennis matches since Friday and we are in the mixed doubles finals tomorrow. Since it's been raining, all the matches have been indoor which has certainly helped. Checked out the other side of the bracket, and tomorrow's match will be a challenge with whoever wins.

Mornin', Gents! Hope all made it to the weekend in one piece and with very few scratches. I made through my first week on the new job and am enjoying it a lot, though I still get nervous about all that I need to learn and do, but I am enjoying it....one step at a time, right?! The paralegal I'm working with said that she's going to add something else to my list of things she'll teach me, which is good because I need to learn all that I can before she leaves in three weeks. Another paralegal said that she was going to let me work with her on a closing/deal from start to finish, which will definitely be a good thing as I'll need to do it at some point. The only problem is, the paralegal I'll be working with on the closing goes on vacation next Friday at 5pm, so while the closing/deal will mostly be done, there will be other things I'll have to do on my own. Nothing like being thrown into the fire to learn quickly, huh? I'm ok with it, it will force me to learn quickly. Now on to the weekend. Have a good day, gents.

Exactly! And everyone there has worked there for years. The receptionist has been with them off and on for here entire adult life. One paralegal has been with them for 25 years or more, so that says a lot about the firm and the work environment.

Glad to hear work is going well. And, someone being there 25 years is a good sign.

Maybe that's what the butcher meant when he said he wanted pictures.....

As long as he didn't use the phrase "Epstein Island", then you should be ok. :scared1: :lmao:

Well, I was out of it for a couple days, but I come back to find Dan is rubbing butt and aiming for the small exhaust port.
So glad you guys never change.

:lmao:

Hope you get some sleep.

The only good thing with my long stretch of shift work is that I get used to it and can sleep fairly well for 10 days or so.
I've never had to work that many nights in a row so can't say how I'd handle it. Frankly, I don't want to find out!
I think I would find it harder to switch from days to night and back every few days, but I know a lot of people like @pkondz who do it, so I guess it just depends what you're used to.
I think the most in a row I've done (midnights) is maybe 6? Maybe? Right now we're doing 4 shifts of the same in a row. So when I do nights, it's 4 of them and I'm dragging by the last one.
Made it thru 3 tennis matches since Friday and we are in the mixed doubles finals tomorrow.
Good going! Good luck in the finals.

Who called the fun police?

Afternoon guys. Finished the fence panels. Pork is at 195, about another 10 degrees to go, and its looking mighty fine. The boy stayed up to put it on at midnight, so we stayed up till about 1245 watching nonsense on YouTube.

Enjoy your Sunday guys. May your beers be frosty.
Apart from Captain Killjoy up there.

Morning.

Love it when it's Sunday but Monday is a holiday!!

Have a good one all!
May be a holiday for you, but I'll be working. Enjoy yours!
Who called the fun police?
I did. Far too much jocularity around here.

Finished the fence panels.
Atta boy. Photo?
Pork is at 195, about another 10 degrees to go, and its looking mighty fine.
Doing pork too. Pork chops. Not nearly as exciting.

I've never had to work that many nights in a row so can't say how I'd handle it. Frankly, I don't want to find out!
Long long ago, when I was much younger, I worked two full time jobs and went through 1 - 1 1/2 bottles of wine a night to knock myself out so I could do it again. One of the reasons I rarely drink anymore.

Not sure I could do nights anymore...Around 9pm, I feel like I'm going to turn into a pumpkin if I don't get to bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter