DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Evening, Gents! Had a good day today at the podiatrist office, with no patients. Even though I had no patients to check-in/out, I was still very busy, so good day.

Morning Gents.

Cloudy morning here in the Community of Douglas. Was up early for a run (6Km run plus another 1km to warmup/cool down) and I am happy to say that I have now surpassed the goal I set for the year of 500 Km. Everything from this point forward is a bonus.

Congrats! That's awesome!

Off for another couple days camping tomorrow so today will be getting the gear ready and preparing some meals for the campfire. Have a good one all.

Have fun

Hey guys, I need you to pray for a fellow DisDad!

Hard, please.

Will do.

Whelp... I'm not quite sure what happened. I was really stoked about breaking my 5K record with a 29:11...
Went for a run yesterday and didn't want to push too hard. Still recovering a bit from that "record for me" run.

So... broke three of my best times. 5K of 28:36, 1K of 5:16 and 1Mile of 8:48.

Even today I went for a short and slow 3K jog and ran the last 2K at an average pace of 6:15 each. That used to be my "fastest".

Not complaining!

That's awesome! Congrats, dude. Keep it up.

Funny you should say that. Couch potato was me. I used a program called C25K which literally stands for Couch to 5K.
It worked.

I have heard of similar programs.

Close. I work in tandem with them. I don't talk to the planes, but I do talk to the pilots for flight planning and search and rescue. I also fix database issues so the controllers/aircraft have accurate information. Those are some of the tasks I do. And I work in the center.

Ah. I always thought you were an ATC. Still, that's a cool job.

I really haven't decided what type of photography I like best. Except I do know I like manipulating with Photoshop. I'm not very good at it, but I do like it.

My problem is that I have too many types of photography that I like. What drew me into photography was landscapes, buildings/abandoned buildings and what not. It wasn't until after I got my camera that I began to get interested in people photography. I just need to focus. (picks up beer and starts to think)

So, I stopped by Taco Bell on my way home from work looking forward to some salty goodness. My wife and The Kid are at at work still, so it's just me, I think I'll splurge. The person taking my order begins with, "Welcome to Taco Bell. We are out of chicken, potatoes, lettuce, chalupas, red sauce, fire sauce, and mild sauce. Also, no Baja Blast, Dr. Pepper, or Sprite. Do you still want to eat here?"

I took it as a sign, went to the grocery store, and got a salad instead....

For now please pray. I will tell you more when I can.
praying
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this makes me go hmmmm
Shoot. I'm at work so can't see it. Try to remember to look later.
That's awesome! Congrats, dude. Keep it up.
Thanks! :)
Ah. I always thought you were an ATC. Still, that's a cool job.
It has its moments.
My problem is that I have too many types of photography that I like. What drew me into photography was landscapes, buildings/abandoned buildings and what not. It wasn't until after I got my camera that I began to get interested in people photography. I just need to focus. (picks up beer and starts to think)
I started with landscapes... not that I was any good at it. Moved to portrait... same results. Still trying to find a niche.
So, I stopped by Taco Bell on my way home from work looking forward to some salty goodness.
Alexander Graham Bell: "I invented the telephone!"
His brother Taco: "Hang on now..."
The person taking my order begins with, "Welcome to Taco Bell. We are out of chicken, potatoes, lettuce, chalupas, red sauce, fire sauce, and mild sauce. Also, no Baja Blast, Dr. Pepper, or Sprite. Do you still want to eat here?"
:sad2:
Might as well close. I mean... really???
:lmao:

What's up, fellas! Heading out early to work in pediatrics, love seeing the little ones, but man is that a busy practice. Guess the day will fly by. Welp, have a good day.

TTFN

So, I stopped by Taco Bell on my way home from work looking forward to some salty goodness. My wife and The Kid are at at work still, so it's just me, I think I'll splurge. The person taking my order begins with, "Welcome to Taco Bell. We are out of chicken, potatoes, lettuce, chalupas, red sauce, fire sauce, and mild sauce. Also, no Baja Blast, Dr. Pepper, or Sprite. Do you still want to eat here?"

That's wrong, but a sign that maybe it wasn't supposed to be.

It has its moments.

I'm sure it does.

I started with landscapes... not that I was any good at it. Moved to portrait... same results. Still trying to find a niche.

I've been wanting to try Film Noir photography, something I might start looking into.

That's where Taco Bell came from.:lmao:

:sad2:
Might as well close. I mean... really???

See, I'd be upset. If I drove over there expecting to get some tacos and what not, and couldn't? My taste buds would be t'd off. Grrr At that point, just close.

Morning, gents.

Just another hour or hour and a bit before I'm done for the day. Get to do it all over again tonight though. Love working the graveyard shift. My practically senior citizen body truly thrives on zero sleep.

I've been wanting to try Film Noir photography, something I might start looking into.
Love the genre. Have done a small bit of that as well. I'll see if I can find some and post.

Morning all...
Bacon and Bourbon all around.

(yeah, I know it's a mite early for one of those, but what can I say, I like's me some bacon.)

Hard, please.
Pained to hear of any suffering.
May the help and relief that is needed find them.
And may it do so quickly.

Even today I went for a short and slow 3K jog and ran the last 2K at an average pace of 6:15 each. That used to be my "fastest".

Not complaining!
You may have broken through to a higher level here.
Congrats and keep at it.

I'll be over here on the couch raising a a glass of booze in honor of you're accomplishments. All endeavors need spectators.

There's a sizable contingent of folks 'round here that would consider anything preventing the intake of Taco Bell's offerings to be Divine Intervention.

Tell ya; what Bro'...
Now that you've given them something to occupy their sedentary time, I'll give them something to make them even more sedentary by the day. It's what all the cool Robber-Barons are calling: Sinergy.

Shoot. I'm at work so can't see it. Try to remember to look later.
I'm at home and can't see it either.
Might be related to the host web site.

(considering the website in question, it may be just as well.)

Heading out early to work in pediatrics, love seeing the little ones, but man is that a busy practice. Guess the day will fly by.
Does sound like the positives of that one will out way the increase in kinetic activity. Hope it's the good day you're anticipating (if, albeit, a busy one).

You may have broken through to a higher level here.
Congrats and keep at it.
Thanks. You might be right. :)
I'll be over here on the couch raising a a glass of booze in honor of you're accomplishments. All endeavors need spectators.
I may slow down... stop... grab a glass, myself.
Tell ya; what Bro'...
Now that you've given them something to occupy their sedentary time, I'll give them something to make them even more sedentary by the day. It's what all the cool Robber-Barons are calling: Sinergy.
:laughing:

Hard, please.

Saw the update on FB this morning. Man...praying for a miracle here.

Whelp... I'm not quite sure what happened. I was really stoked about breaking my 5K record with a 29:11...
Went for a run yesterday and didn't want to push too hard. Still recovering a bit from that "record for me" run.

So... broke three of my best times. 5K of 28:36, 1K of 5:16 and 1Mile of 8:48.

Not complaining!

Wow! What are you putting in your corn flakes?

:rotfl2: I know for sure that your lower intestines thank you.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Just another hour or hour and a bit before I'm done for the day. Get to do it all over again tonight though. Love working the graveyard shift. My practically senior citizen body truly thrives on zero sleep.

Huh. I would have thought that would really wear you down, but maybe since your runs are turning you into the 6 Million Dollar Man, you react differently...

...ooohhhhhh, I see what you're doing there.

Got any room on the couch? I think I fit better there too

Tell ya; what Bro'...

:rotfl2::rotfl2:The Taco Bell jokes are strong this morning.

I'm at home and can't see it either.
Might be related to the host web site.

(considering the website in question, it may be just as well.)
It's a viable website and link...think the Dis might be interfering.

Saw the update on FB this morning. Man...praying for a miracle here.
Don't do fb, but still praying.

:rotfl2: I know for sure that your lower intestines thank you.
I know that's right!

Copied from our clubhouse over on Facebook, Jim (mm1971) is who I am asking for prayers.

“Good morning brothers. This is in response to Timothys post yesterday. It is also posted with Jims families permission.

Our brother Jim is in a real fight with his cancer treatment. Jim has been in a hospital in Boston for nearly 2 weeks due to his cancer and the amount of pain he is having. None of the pain management efforts are helping. His cancer is throughout his groin area making it difficult for him to even go to the bathroom. There is some surgery that was planned, but I am unsure if that has been done yet.

Kaylee recieved a text from Alex yesterday that said things are not getting better for Jim at this time. Kaylee and I immediately packed small bags and headed toward Boston. We are currently in a hotel and waiting to see Jim today.

If you believe in the power of prayer, please say and extra for our buddy Jim, and his wife Leslie, son Evan, and daughter Alex.

As Tim stated, hug your families a little tighter, you never know how much time you have left.”

This was written by Jay (jason4024)

Last edited:
Copied from our clubhouse over on Facebook, Jim (mm1971) is who I am asking for prayers.

“Good morning brothers. This is in response to Timothys post yesterday. It is also posted with Jims families permission.

Our brother Jim is in a real fight with his cancer treatment. Jim has been in a hospital in Boston for nearly 2 weeks due to his cancer and the amount of pain he is having. None of the pain management efforts are helping. His cancer is throughout his groin area making it difficult for him to even go to the bathroom. There is some surgery that was planned, but I am unsure if that has been done yet.

Kaylee recieved a text from Alex yesterday that said things are not getting better for Jim at this time. Kaylee and I immediately packed small bags and headed toward Boston. We are currently in a hotel and waiting to see Jim today.

If you believe in the power of prayer, please say and extra for our buddy Jim, and his wife Leslie, son Evan, and daughter Alex.

As Tim stated, hug your families a little tighter, you never know how much time you have left.”

Prayers. Tomorrow is promised to none.

So how much of a hike is that? An hour? A day? Longer?
I didn’t really time it but a couple hours. It’s 4.7 km but some decent hills to climb, and we took our time. Not sure if the below link will work to give you more info.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/canada/newfoundland-and-labrador/skerwink-trail
Well that's a bummer, PVR cut off because the race lasted longer than the listed time. Crap!
When I used to have TV, I'd set the PVR to record an extra 2hrs (max I could) to try to not miss anything.
I used to have the same problem with baseball games. I got into the habit of recording an extra hour so even if it goes long I’m pretty certain to get it all.

Jeff, does this look like it's near the trail? It a shot from the filming.
That looks to be around Cape Bonavista, which is farther down the coast. It’s more barren than the area around Skerwink. I’ve also been there and it has a nice coastline too, just fewer trees.
I know they have been near Bonavista because DW has a freind who works in a small cafe. They made 200 sandwiches for the cast and crew a few days ago. Quite an undertaking for a little cafe, but good business.

Sad to hear it. Hoping for the best for the family.

Wow! What are you putting in your corn flakes?
Just the usual milk, sugar, adrenaline and nitroglycerin. Just like everyone else.
Huh. I would have thought that would really wear you down, but maybe since your runs are turning you into the 6 Million Dollar Man, you react differently...

...ooohhhhhh, I see what you're doing there.
Don't ask how I feel right now. I just got up a few minutes ago.
It's a viable website and link...think the Dis might be interfering.
Link works. Just checked.
And interesting commentary.
I saw that when I woke up a couple minutes ago. :(
I didn’t really time it but a couple hours. It’s 4.7 km but some decent hills to climb, and we took our time. Not sure if the below link will work to give you more info.
Link works and thanks for the info. :)

"This trail has been selected by Travel and Leisure Magazine as one of the top 35 walks in North America and Europe" Impressive!

Made it to another Wednesday. Discharged 10 patients today, close to 50% of the new floor I covered today. Busy. Busy. Busy. Seems like most hospitals are now on Surge, which is hard to believe since masks and vaccines work so well. :rolleyes1

Got offered a job on the behavior psyc floor. However, the problem is that I can't transfer per policy as I haven't been there long enough, unless my boss agrees. I told her I would keep working PRN for them. She's a new boss too, so not sure where she will go with this.

I posted a video on my FB page. It's a montage of clips to the song, "can't make a wife out of a ho", where the girls dance & shake to part of the song lyrics, then that phrase comes out and they get upset.

https://www.mgtow.tv/watch/can-t-make-a-wife-out-of-a-hoe-compilation-a-must-do_Rsw9hM9qgD2Yj5O.html
I played the song unknowing to DW, and she started dancing. Good news for me I guess.

This is one reason why I'm thinking of staying off-site. If I can get the same perks with less money being spent, why not take advantage. As for parking? I'm not getting a car, so that doesn't apply to me.

I'm wicked smaht!

Look, I get it with the whole rideshare-having-a-car-hotel-shuttle-bus-stinks kind of a thing, but from all I've heard, and read, the buses on-site aren't all that great right now anyways. And the Skyliner? Those resorts hooked up to it will jump in price, so out of my reach. I could be wrong on that, and I've heard the same for off-site buses as well, but I'm just doing my research right now. The price of an off-site hotel might, and do I mean, MIGHT, save me enough to do a rideshare if I have to use one. If I know I have to be somewhere early, then I get a rideshare. If not? I take my time getting to the parks. I'm just no longer sold on staying on-site.

Very important the mini-bar. Keep the liquor, though, and give me some beer.

I've heard good and bad things about the transportation for the Disney Springs area hotels, just like Disney resorts. I don't know, that's why I'm asking for opinions.

Thanks. It took everyone in our group by surprise.

I'm hoping to stay on-site the first time, and will use a travel agent who continually looks for discounts. Some of the perks are great. Kid friendly activities and all. Sounds great, but the price has to be right.

I like on-site as well, the POFQ being my favorite, but the high price is getting to me. Right now, I priced out a trip, when I did price it at least, for late April/early May, and came up with around 2K, which I didn't think was bad, but that's at a value resort. So with that kind of a price tag, I'd still consider staying on-site. I'm just basically looking at options.

Sadly, I keep saying Disney has priced me out of the market, but I keep going back. I could just go to Vero Beach DVC resort and be ok.

[

I don't know the laws there, but rejecting an offer shouldn't be breach of contract. You don't have to accept offers and until you do, nothing is binding.

Not me, them. On Tuesday, house was ready August 27. On Thursday, house will be ready in October - maybe.

Morning all.

Watching women's beach volleyball, good day so far.

Have a good one.

Watching women's beach volleyball is always a good day.

Wow, thats alot of smoke. You have wildfires near you or is the jet stream just bringing it up?

We have stayed offsite our last 2 trips, last time was at our "vacation share" on I drive. It was ok, not sure how much we saved, and driving back after a full day in the parks sucks... And I think parking was either 25 or 30 a day in the parks so you have to take that off the amount you save on your room. And we drove down last time so no rental car.
This will actually be my first onsite stay and we are flying so I don't have to worry about transportation at all. Even if it takes me an extra 10 minutes its worth it for me not to have to deal with it.

We have had some of the same issues around here with my contractors (commercial construction) the skilled trades are so hard up for guys that they are going to jobsites and grabbing the landscapers and carpenters and offering them $10/hr more than whatever they are getting paid now to drop their tools and get in the truck.
Its leaving alot of companies short handed. And the housing boom is making it even harder, new fly by night guys popping up all the time and pulling all the day labor guys.

I did, just told her what we wanted and she took care of the rest. Even got us an extra day for $200 less than the original quote, when a special came out. Its been great.

We did that one time and it sucks, at least for us. The shuttles have their own schedule and it doesnt match up with the parks. We usually got to the parks about an hour after open and the last shuttle usually ran before fireworks.

And I would just have hoped they would tell me that. I guess industries are allowed indefinite waits.

Happy Friday Eve Dads! Since Dan hasn’t “called it” in a bit, let’s call the week early with a Manhattan in an Abracadabar glass - raise one to our dear friend CJ who loved Boardwalk.
View attachment 595058

Here's to more time enjoying life.

To CJ...

View attachment 595081
(Don't have one of them there nice glasses, so we'll just have to settle for a spot of one of the better pours in the cabinet. Neat, of course.)

Haven't we all?

Nice work.
Very fine indeed.

Neat is no ice? Rocks is ice? Straight is strained over ice?

Hey, Fellas! Happy Friday to those who celebrate today as Friday. I was at General and Thoracic Surgery and had a great day! I was told by a patient that, "I wish you were at every office I go to because you have made me feel relaxed. I've never felt relaxed at a doctor's office before." I thanked her for the compliment, and I then swelled with pride knowing that I helped someone who came into the office. When she checked out, she told me that I, and everyone in this office, were very helpful and made her feel relaxed. She said she was going to write a letter to the practice manager, and I hope that gets to my manager as it'll make me look good. Either way, I felt good that I was able to help this patient relax before her appointment.

Good call, you could hurt yourself if you go crazy.

:thumbsup2

Looks good.

Feels good to be appreciated at work.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'll make myself at home, crack open the leftover Chinese food, and watch the insanity drift by.

Whoever said technology would make our lives easier is a liar. Between my company's websites all going offline, our entire email system crashing, internet being unreliable and intermittent, and my remote employees not being able to log in, I was pulling my hair out all day (and I don't have much left). Finally got it all online right about quitting time so not much got done today. I think I'll just call in sick this Friday, the 13th.

Or, you could go to Taco Bell. Welcome to the madness.

::yes:: Sadly, that's not the science determined by a specific political party, so we can't believe it.

Jim's a good guy. Met up with him and his daughter at WDW. He was able to use his personal Disney credit card for all company purchases, and racked up major Disney Dollars for vacations. Brilliant.

Last edited:
What's up, Fellas? Well I had a busy day yesterday. Here's what happened: I was supposed to be at a primary care office. However, I got an email from my manager Tuesday telling me that I had to go to pediatrics instead. So I went to pediatrics. Once at pediatrics, I got a call from my manager saying that she messed up and forgot that I was supposed to open the other office. So, into the car I went and headed over to the primary care office to open the office and check patients in until other people got into the office. Once everyone was there, I jumped back into my car and headed back to pediatrics where I spent the majority of the day. Then at 3:45 I hopped back in my car and had to head back over to the primary care office because there's no one there from 4pm to 5pm and someone had to be there to check-out the last of the patients and close the office. Pediatrics at least had one person at the front desk to check people out and answer phones. While pediatrics only had one provider and 18 patients, the phones wouldn't stop ringing. Everyone was trying to get their child's immunization and other pertinent records to their child's school, so the phones wouldn't stop ringing. Oh, and, "I need to schedule a physical for my child before school starts." Me: "I'm sorry, but we're booking into October and November for physicals." Parent: "But my child needs to have a physical before she can go back to school?" Me: "Then you should have booked the physical 6 months ago." It's not like school sneaks up on you. You know it happens and they're going to need a physical.....so GET ONE EARLY! I just have to laugh at the whole thing. Well, guys, I'm outta here. Have a good day.

TTFN

(CCT walks into the room) "Hey pkondz, how's it goin.....ohhhhhh, it looks like I stepped in some sarcasm. I'll just step over to the side and clean my shoe off." (Tip toes over to the corner of the room while trying to avoid the sarcasm spreading on the floor) :teeth: You're a good man for working the graveyard shift.

Love the genre. Have done a small bit of that as well. I'll see if I can find some and post.

I'd love to see some of those photos.

Morning All, headed for Grand Manan Island in a couple of hours for another couple of hours of camping. But first ...

Have fun.

Tell ya; what Bro'...

Does sound like the positives of that one will out way the increase in kinetic activity. Hope it's the good day you're anticipating (if, albeit, a busy one).

Oh definitely.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:The Taco Bell jokes are strong this morning.

A lot like the smell from the bathroom after eating Taco Bell.

Continued prayers.

Made it to another Wednesday. Discharged 10 patients today, close to 50% of the new floor I covered today. Busy. Busy. Busy. Seems like most hospitals are now on Surge, which is hard to believe since masks and vaccines work so well. :rolleyes1

Got offered a job on the behavior psyc floor. However, the problem is that I can't transfer per policy as I haven't been there long enough, unless my boss agrees. I told her I would keep working PRN for them. She's a new boss too, so not sure where she will go with this.

Sounds like you're doing quite well. And that's awesome about the job offer, even if you can't take it that's pretty cool. That shows how good of a job you're doing and people see that. Congrats.

Sadly, I keep saying Disney has priced me out of the market, but I keep going back. I could just go to Vero Beach DVC resort and be ok.

It is expensive and I'm not sure how often we'll go down, but it won't be every year that's for sure. And let's not even talk about the possibility of the pay for fast pass thing.

Feels good to be appreciated at work.

Yes it does. I love what I do, and if I can help calm someone down then it's been a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter