Dine with Shamu (August 4th) review with *pics*

i dont see a timetable for seating...do they serve lunch and dinner? and what times?

I think there is just one dinner with Shamu a day, ours was at 4:15pm. I think you have to call to double check.

Just bumping this so that others can benefit from Cass' wonderful review!!

We're going to Discovery Cove in June and this will be perfect to do after our
free day at Sea World! Thanks for the great review!:goodvibes

Just booked for Dec 30th :-) 27-29 weren't available already??? I wonder if those dates just weren't open or if there were already full. Hopefully I'm early enough to have good seat. My 3 kids will really enjoy watching Shamu.

We just booked this because of Cass's great review. We will be there Friday, Oct 19th.

Thanks Cass! :)

Glad to hear everyone is getting their bookings in. I'm happy that my food photos were helpful, my Sister was getting really fed up with me taking pics of everything we were eating! She doesn't 'get it' like we do here at the DIS.

WOW, that buffet looks amazing. I am usually unsure about booking buffets because I am a picky eater and I don't eat seafood which in most cases is where you get your money's worth at buffets but this spread looked awesome. I am definitely going to look into it for our trip next summer since we are doing DC and SW.:banana:

We just found out we're going and they have seats left, but I'm sure they won't be on the wall.. is it still worth it? is there a place where the kids can still see Shamu?

You can still see inbetween to the rows of tables, the kids may have to stand up depending on their height. I think everyone inthe restaurant can see the whale, just obviously the closer the better.

It's not a show, like in the stadium, it's more like a demonstration of training and behavior, there are three spots where the whale will come right out and say Hi plus a jump or two out in the tank.

that looks amazing!
how many rows of tables are there in the resturant?
is it 2 back or is there another row?
mums just been looking over my shoulder, and now wants to do this on the saturday we leave (columbus day weekend) would it be too late to book to get a ok seat?.

I think there were 3 tables for 4, per row - and they moved them about depending on how many in your party. You probably won't get the first table booking at this late date, but you will still have a nice dinner and see Shamu. I wouldn't let it stop me.

I think there were 3 tables for 4, per row - and they moved them about depending on how many in your party. You probably won't get the first table booking at this late date, but you will still have a nice dinner and see Shamu. I wouldn't let it stop me.

thanks cass,

just emailed seaworld as the times for october 6th as they are not on the site yet.
do you think it would be worth it view wise even if you are sat at the back? 12 people from the front seems quite a distance without a floor rake.

gotta run to birmingham now, off to see billy connoly! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter