Dinner on the resort monorail route?

Narnia_girl

He's not a tame lion, but he is good.
Our current plans include:

6 p.m. (ish) Leave Magic Kingdom. (Halloween party that night which we are not doing this time). Could be a little later if we get in a ride line just before 6.

< dinner >

9 p.m. Enjoy the Grand Floridian orchestra in GF lobby.

10:15 p.m. Watch Hallowishes fireworks from 4th floor bridge to BLT

10:30 p.m. Ice cream at Contempo Cafe

I'm looking for suggestions for dinner in the time between about 7-9 p.m. preferably in one of the monorail resorts or Wilderness Lodge. Party of two (mother and teen daughter). Prefer casual as we will probably not have time to change after a day in the park.

Seeing as you want to enjoy some time in the Grand Floridian.....go for a meal there. I’d suggest Narcoossee’s. It’s a nice restaurant, but resort casual attire is perfectly acceptable. Just don’t pick tank tops for your park attire that day. It would make for a very nice mother-daughter dinner! Take the small boat launch from the MK, first stop Grand Floridian. Narcoossee’s is right out by the boat dock. Have a lovely meal, then stroll around the beautiful grounds before you hit up the lobby. Lots of nice couches to sit on there, or jump into Mizner’s Lounge where you guys can grab a beverage of choice while listening to the orchestra.

Kona Cafe is one of our favorite casual monorail restaurants and I love any excuse to visit the Poly. I've also heard good things about The Wave and The Grand Floridian Cafe but haven't experienced those myself yet.

Consider the Wave in the Contemporary. It's a sit down, but not a signature. Also good choices would be Grand Floridian Cafe at the GF or Kona at the Poly.

Love the Grand Floridian Cafe here. It's so pretty. Casual attire. Great menu. Wonderful staff. And you'd be in the GF for your next scheduled event.

I would pick Grand Floridian Cafe- its nice- near the lobby- you can walk the ground and shop- lots to do! Its super casual (we wear park attire) and very chill and relaxing. The food is always terrific and it has something for everyone. Its one of our favorites- we did it 2x our last trip.

Based on your schedule, Grand Floridian Cafe would be an ideal choice! I would take the resort watercraft over from the Magic Kingdom, since you'll already be riding the monorail from GF to CR. Enjoy!

I agree with many of the suggestions from above....

I would consider:
The Wave at the CR as that is your first stop via the monorail
Kona Cafe at the POLY as you could take the boat across and not worry about the monorail
The Grand Floridian Cafe at the GF as you plan to be there afterwards to listen to the orchestra

Kona.

Food is good, Poly is fun. I always like Kona better than GF cafe.

It’s a pretty walk (and short) from Poly to GF if you want to skip the Monorial.

And if you are gonna doing a monorail loop, nice to include the Poly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter