DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info – DISapalooza (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone! :wave2:

Rats can be trained, but can they dance to Ray Charles???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bt9xBuGWgw

Thats a hoot John! :rotfl: Love that song. :banana: <---- Frostie!

I bought it about a week ago but havent opened it yet. I have a couple beagles that could stand to lose a few lbs....

Hope you're feeling better soon George!

Hi Liz thanks. Neither one of us have been able to shake these colds. :sick: Hopefully buy the weekend we'll be over this stuff.

I did pop in the Plus disc last night and it updated with both our saved data. Frisbie puppy is also on the WiiFit home screen now. :)

She's a trooper - today is the PSAT at her school. She is planning to go take the test, if she feels bad she is going to call me to pick her up.

The good news is that she says her stomach does not feel bad like it did yesterday.

Hi Anne. Hope she does well on her test today and feels better.

Morning!

I can't believe this thing is still open!!

Dodie - Congrats on 6000!! :banana:

George - Hope you and Deb feel better soon!! :goodvibes

Tracey - Congrats on 1000!! See you Saturday!!

Anne - Hope your DD feels better and does well on her test!

Good Morning everyone. It is a beach day today. Two more days of heat until this heat wave breaks than I can do food and wine without heatstroke.

Hi Christy it was good running into you at Walmart. See you in December:goodvibes

Jen that is cold burrr......

Completely off topic. Do any of you DIS hubbys know anything about cars. My real DH has not a clue. Anyway a friend driving behind me said it looked like my front tires on the SUV were pointing out at the top. I just got new front tires and alligned just a week ago so I was a bit freaked out of course. It is not pulling and I have not noticed any other problems. I have no idea. I am gonna take it in Friday. Eeeekkkk. I just paid $1100 to get it fixed up.

Morning all,

Just checking in before a morning of meetings. I get to go have another not so fun conversation with an intern who messed up royally over the weekend. There's sure to be tears. I hate this part of my job.

Hope all the sick DISers are on the mend.

A high of 79 and low of 55 on our Halloween party day (Sunday) whoo hooo.

trying to help get to 5000

Hi John, Kat, Ann, Dodie, Jen, Brandie, Scott, Andrea, Kim, all. :wave:

Congrats on 6K Dodie. :banana:

Thought I was close to over my cold yesterday then Deb gets hers back and I got another round of it. :mad: Not as bad as the first one that started Friday but I feel poopy. :sad1: Deb still has hers pretty good. I've been cooking for her though.

I'm holding off posting more Food & Wine until the new topic. Maybe they lock this tomorrow. :confused3

During DAP we need to get pictures around the Christmas pickle tree! :woohoo:

Hope you feel better soon George, being sick sucks. I have a feeling that during DAP we will be taking a lot of odd pics. One thing I regret during PCC 1.0 is not taking more pics of us with other people, I guess I felt funny. This time, I will take more pics of the group.

Hi Brandie!!

:scared1:

:grouphug:

My first dentist as a child was horrible! :scared1:
Then we found Dr Gerry, who Kat says is easy on the eyes. :rolleyes1
I have been going to him for 35 years.

You are so lucky to have a dentist for so long, that is great to know that you can trust and rely on them, and being good looking is a definite bonus :thumbsup2

It's not that he's a horrible dentist, he's good and his work is good, he just doesn't know how to deal with scared children. He kept telling my daughter that he was going to make me leave the room if she continued crying... she is 6, so it just didn't sit well with me.

Childrens dentists fall under a different catagory than a family dentist up here.
If your children have a hard time with a regular or family dentist. Then you can take them to a childs dentist. The insurance companies don't usually have an issue with this.
I would checkout what I would need to be able to get them to let you take your children to a childs dentist. As all plans and companies may differ on this.

I don't think it's that easy here, nothing is ;).... I know if we have a specific problem we can go to a pediatric dentist, but, for regular cleanings, fillings, ect. we would have to take them to a regular dentist. We always have the choice to take them to any dentist we want, however, the insurance company isn't going to pay for it, so we have to go with the providers in the network.

I hope you find a good dentist, as how your kids view the dentist when they are young can affect them their entire life.

I have to find a new dentist, mine died suddenly last year (saw his Obit, before I was notified by his office) and I am well over due for a visit. I have a lead on a dentist through a recommendation from someone at church and have found they are on our approved list, I just have to call and get the initial appointment, but I have to get back from my trip first.

It's so true - my mother, who is 60 now still remembers the horrible dentist she had as a child. Taking the recommendation of a friend is always a good way to go.

Congrats Tracey!!!

oh and Andrea- i just got my 'declined' email from the moms panel, but a friend of mine here locally that is on the DIS got to round 2! I actually met her here on the DIS and realized we were both WDWCP alum from the same time period and live in the same town! I hope she makes it!

Maybe they saw me post how busy I was. It is probably for the best with the chaos at work and stuff right now anyhow. I am sure they will select a great crew this year.

That stinks Michelle - don't they know they are declining all of the REAL disney moms???:mad::mad:

Morning gang. Hope all is well (or getting better).

We're headed back to Epcot today for another day of F&W, or is it W&F? We met up with John & Christy Stanger in the parks yesterday. Many of you will remember them from PCC 1.0 or TSM. We also met another DISer who's name unfortunately escapes me as I write this. She doesn't post much but did recognize my screen-name from the iPhone thread.

Val is doing a number on her feet this trip. Started off poorly on Sunday night when we checked in and did a quick run over to Epcot before closing. She wore her travel shoes that night and wound up with blisters on the back of her heel. Yesterday she was wearing her sandals and wound up with blisters on the big toe. Stopped at Epcot first aid and got bandaids put on there, but her feet are hurting. Fortunately not enough to stop us from walking over to the Dolphin Fountain for dinner last night. Our unit is at the Swolphin end of BWV (we have a view of the crazy/demented clown pool), so we just walk the rest of the way down that 2 mile corridor and down the stairs to go to the Swolphin (or to Yacht Club like we did Monday night).

We've been using the cards that George made to rate the individual food & wine offerings. Will make a full report once we've completed everything. I figure we're about halfway done with all the things we want to try. Will put a bigger dent in that today. We're hoping to meet up with Kathy (Safetymom) in the parks today, assuming her job doesn't require her to go to a different park to day. :lmao:

We found a great place for iced (or hot) coffee at the Festival Center. They grind and brew the coffee when you order it and its a really tasty brew. You can get mocha, latte's and a few other things, with added flavors of vanilla, caramel, hazel nut or irish cream. This is definitely not the usual WDW swill that they try to pass off as coffee. Its a must-do for anybody that likes coffee.:thumbsup2

You are so lucky to have a dentist for so long, that is great to know that you can trust and rely on them, and being good looking is a definite bonus :thumbsup2

It's not that he's a horrible dentist, he's good and his work is good, he just doesn't know how to deal with scared children. He kept telling my daughter that he was going to make me leave the room if she continued crying... she is 6, so it just didn't sit well with me.

I don't think it's that easy here, nothing is ;).... I know if we have a specific problem we can go to a pediatric dentist, but, for regular cleanings, fillings, ect. we would have to take them to a regular dentist. We always have the choice to take them to any dentist we want, however, the insurance company isn't going to pay for it, so we have to go with the providers in the network.

It definately helps that he is good looking.:thumbsup2
I did not realize at first that he was old enough to be my father.
As for what he is saying to your daughter I would tell the insurance company this and try to get another option from them.
I would not take my child back to someone that said that to my little one.
Our dentist is a dental surgen and if that is who we want to go to on a regular basis then it is o.k. with our insurance company.
Make your insurance company aware that they need to supply you with a dentist that is not going to scare or threaten your child.
If you phone them and have a discussion with them sometimes they will be able to give you better options than what the print out of your plan states.
Just call them.
They can't hit you! :)

Congrats Tracey!!!

oh and Andrea- i just got my 'declined' email from the moms panel, but a friend of mine here locally that is on the DIS got to round 2! I actually met her here on the DIS and realized we were both WDWCP alum from the same time period and live in the same town! I hope she makes it!

Maybe they saw me post how busy I was. It is probably for the best with the chaos at work and stuff right now anyhow. I am sure they will select a great crew this year.

That sucks it would have been so cool if you had made it.
:hug::hug::hug:

Good morning everyone! :wave:

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

Jeff - Thanks for the update. Hoping you and Val have a wonderful day at EPCOT. Glad you are meeting up with Kathy. She's always willing to meet up with us DISers. She's such a pleasure!

Don't forget to hug your loved ones today and tell them how much they mean to you. :)

According to John, this is my 6000th post. That's hard to verify with bifocals using an iPhone but, if it is, it's taken me over 10 years to get here and I can't think of a better thread to post it on! My computernut friends are the greatest!:woohoo:

Congrats on 6K!!! party:

125 posts until 5000.....

:teeth:

Less than 50 now...I can almost smell it in the air....

Brrrrrrrrrrr! It's cold! 44 degrees out.

Good morning!

I don't even pay attention to the temp outside right now. Just makes me sad. However, my office was 63°. :cold: My fingers didn't want to touch the keyboard this morning.

I don't even pay attention to the temp outside right now. Just makes me sad. However, my office was 63°. My fingers didn't want to touch the keyboard this morning.

I don't bother to check the temperature. Space Heater On, first task of the morning.:)

Congrats on 6K!!! party:

Less than 50 now...I can almost smell it in the air....

I don't even pay attention to the temp outside right now. Just makes me sad. However, my office was 63°. :cold: My fingers didn't want to touch the keyboard this morning.

It was 3c here this morning I don't know what that is in F.
Right now it is 32F here. :eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter