Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

Ya..I wasn't far behind!

Love your safari pictures. I don't think I have even seen that Monkey species on the safari so you are doing better than me.
I often come home and look at some of my pictures and try to figure out what the heck I was taking that picture of? Absolutely nothing. :rotfl:

Whew!! Finally caught up! :laughing: :woohoo:

I'm so glad y'all had such a nice Thanksgiving with Lacey and her hubby. :)

I'm so looking forward to us all being in WDW at the same time. :goodvibes

I'll be back with replies soon but I wanted to go ahead and post an update while I had a chance. Work has been a real pain in the backside the last few days. If I don't get it posted now, who knows when I'll get a minute to do it. :sad2:

He looks like he could use some ointment! Part Doo-Doo! Huh?

If ya’ll have read my previous trip reports, you know that it’s not uncommon for both Hunter and I to have a camera in hand at the same time. That was the case with the safari.

Before I move on with the story, I wanted to say something else. Even back in the day when all we had were cameras that required film (both 110 and 35mm), I would give my kids a camera and tell them to take pictures from their perspective. Or course, I didn’t give them as much free range as I did when the digital cameras came out because it could get pretty expensive having pictures developed and I also had to factor in the fact that I had no idea if the pictures would even be worth developing. :confused3 Still, I’d give them a camera and let them show me what they “saw at Disney”. It was always fun to see it through their eyes/pictures. Anyway, just thought that I’d toss that idea out there to parents with younger kids.

I present to you “He looks like he could use some ointment! Part Doo-Doo! Huh?”

These are pictures that Hunter, a seventeen year old boy (remember that part) who knew that his mother would, more than likely, use these picture on her trip report. I had to delete a lot of pictures because they either had someone’s head or elbow or back in them. But, I didn’t delete them all because this is the safari as seen through Hunter’s eyes.

Shoulder picture number one:

Lookin’ like the “normal” safari pictures huh? Well, this is where the teenage boy part comes into play.:p

Yep, that there, my friends, is doo-doo. As I said, Hunter knows that I am going to use the pictures for my trip report and he knew that this would get a chuckle out of me when I saw it.:rotfl:

The giraffes that caused the block in the roadway:

Wouldn’t ya hate for this guy to sneak up on ya and give you a tap on the shoulder:

First elephant sighting on the safari:

**continued in next post

Shoulder picture number two with Mr. Pinkbutt in the background:

Oh I forgot to mention something in the previous safari post....part one of He Could Use Some Ointment....there was a family in front of us that took up two whole rows. They were speaking Spanish part of the time and English the other part. Not that that really matters because LOUD squeals sound the same no matter what language. :scared:

At first, it was cute that the kids were getting so excited when they saw the animals. But, they kept getting louder and louder and even the adults started talking loudly. So loudly that the guide would make an announcement that the loud squeals and talking would only make the animals shy away. She said it over and over and over again until finally they calmed the heck down.:faint: Not all the way down but they toned it down a good bit.

Anyway, back to the pictures:

Everybody knows that you haven’t captured the true feeling of the Kilimanjaro Safari unless you’ve take at least one picture of an elephant butt:

Shoulder picture number three:

And to end this lovely update, we have part “Doo-Doo”:rotfl2::

Only my child!:sad2: Only my child!:sad2:

**Up next: Hunter gets a leg up on a gorilla! Give me five...down low!

Poop and shoulders. :rotfl: Great combination! :rotfl2:

At least two of those three shoulders are pretty girl shoulders. :rolleyes1

I loved all the safari pictures and I do enjoy seeing things though kids' eyes, even adolescent boys!!!!! :laughing:

Lisa, I am :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: on the floor with doo-doo...not once, but twice!! You guys crack me up.

Great safari pictures (including elephant butt). The shoulders aren't bad either. :lmao::lmao:

We used to let the kids take pictures too. It was always nice to get their perspective.

Leave it to a teenage boy to take those kinds of pictures :lmao: Funny how differently each person sees the same event, isn't it?

:rotfl2::lmao: It's alright. We're in the begining stages of potty training so the poop jokes are pretty popular over in this house. :lmao::lmao:

The family on the bus sound annoying.... UGH and the fact that the guide even had to say something. GEESH!!

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: About the doo doo pics. Believe me, your child is not the only one who would take pictures of poo. Mine definitely would. And I myself am a child because I would laugh at it!

I agree about letting your kids take pics. Mine are always taking the camera. I think I have posted a few in my TR too. It just adds a different perspective and fun to see what they take.

You saw a lot of animals! Except for the loud people, looks like you had a good Safari!

Still, I’d give them a camera and let them show me what they “saw at Disney”. It was always fun to see it through their eyes/pictures. Anyway, just thought that I’d toss that idea out there to parents with younger kids.

We've done this! I think it is a cool idea. Most of the pictures don't amount to much, but every once in a while you get one that is a keeper for one reason or another!:thumbsup2

Yep, that there, my friends, is doo-doo. As I said, Hunter knows that I am going to use the pictures for my trip report and he knew that this would get a chuckle out of me when I saw it.:rotfl:

:sad2: This is just horrifying. Poop jokes in a Trip Report? I never thought I'd see the day.

:rolleyes1

Wouldn’t ya hate for this guy to sneak up on ya and give you a tap on the shoulder:

:scared:

Not that that really matters because LOUD squeals sound the same no matter what language. :scared:

At first, it was cute that the kids were getting so excited when they saw the animals. But, they kept getting louder and louder and even the adults started talking loudly. So loudly that the guide would make an announcement that the loud squeals and talking would only make the animals shy away. She said it over and over and over again until finally they calmed the heck down.:faint: Not all the way down but they toned it down a good bit.

Ugh. :faint: It's not like you really wanted to see animals on this ride, anyway.

And to end this lovely update, we have part “Doo-Doo”:rotfl2::

Only my child!:sad2: Only my child!:sad2:

Something tells me it's not ONLY your child. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

I'm glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving.

OK - so you should have warned me I was going to need kleenex for the Shirley and Jenny story. I think I saw that movie before and it was so touching, but I didn't realize that Jenny died. OMG. I cried like a baby.

Wasn't that the sweetest saddest story ever? I cry every single time that I see the video.

Isn't it great how no two safaris are ever the same? Don't you hate when those animals start causing delays! Seriously??? :rotfl2: Nice pics.

If it were up to me, we'd do the safari at least twice each trip.

I really love that first pic of EE in the distance. What beautiful perspective. Just lovely!

Thank you!

Hey nice tree.. and termite hill... :lmao:
You NUT! your pictures are fine! Those dang animals stopping your ride! who do they think they are! :lmao:
I would LOVE to take the tour too!! looks amazing!
I couldn't watch your elephant video.. I can't...

Crazy monkey things! i don't think i have even seen them up and around!

I wish that we were in one of the vehicles at the front so we could at least seen what was keeping us from moving.

Oh girl, the elephant video will make you cry like a baby

Animals have a mind of their own, and sometimes that means you're stopped on the tracks for what feels like forever. :rotfl: But, like you said, giraffes are so cute, how can you stay mad at them?

There's no way that you can stay mad at all those gorgeous giraffes.

The Wild Africa Trek does look awesome. Talk about an upclose experience with the animals. There's a local zoo near Cape Canaveral that offers a "
tree top trek" similar to Disney's, except not nearly as immersive and Disney-fied, but it cost significantly less. My sister in laws do it all the time and give it rave reviews, so I figured if I'd start out with that one and work my way up to Animal Kingdom's. :rotfl2:

The tour at the zoo sounds amazing!

Got to love the safari. Its one of the few things I truly love about Animal Kingdom.

I love the safari and would do it multiple times every trip if I could.

Wild Africa Trek is sooooooooo worth every penny!!!! Of course, I will put in a disclaimer that they only reason we could afford it was because we booked our trip with the dining plan, and then Disney released Free Dining so we got a good chunk refunded, and used that to book the tour. But it was absolutely fabulous. Probably one of the best things we've ever done.

I need to start tucking away those pennies so we can do the tour one day.

Ahh being stuck on safari. I had the same thing happen, where I'd gone to AK by myself and my parents were meeting me later. They texted to say they were in the park, and my response was "stuck behind rhino." Only in Disney :rotfl:

Yep, only in Disney could you use that kind of excuse and it be true.

Disney is killing me with these price increases. I knew about the Memory Maker and forgot to purchase it. :mad:

:mad:

I love your update. AK is one of my favorite parks (and Mark's too). I vaguely remember hearing about you having issues with giraffes blocking your way and you were fretting over a DIS meet. ;)

Thank goodness you guys had a fastpass for the safari that left a little while after us.

Those animals that hide in the corners or back against the fences are very hard to get, but you got great ones of the other animals. And even some without the butt shots.

I was very pleased that I actually got pictures of the whole animal and not just butt shots this time.

I would love to do the Wild Africa Trek. I thought we'd do it next year, but since we are splitting our time with Todd and Nicki there, I don't think it will be running on the days after they leave. :( Perhaps in 2016.

One day, we'll get to do the tour.

I am really not a huge fan of AK myself but I can't go on a Disney trip without a trek through! I do enjoy the safari- JAMBO!!!

My boys really enjoy zoos, aquariums, etc but I get kind of bored after about an hour. LOL

That's how John is. He likes it but he doesn't LIKE it.

Animal Kingdom had to grow on me.

John likes the park but it's definitely not his favorite.

That's one of my favorite picture spots!

Mine too.

You'd really be upset if we were still using cameras with film!:rotfl2:

I remember the day of carrying around the film and wondering whether or not any of my pictures turned out to be any good.

I know what you mean! I'm saving it for when I become independently wealthy.

when you do, please remember your Dis friends. ;)

What do you get when you cross and elephant and a rhino?

Elephino.:confused3 (Say it fast and you'll get it.)

:lmao:

Heh. She said doo-doo.:rotfl:

:rotfl:

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/QUOTE]

Your pictures are great! We also got slowed down by the giraffes and the adax (that white thing on the side of the road in your pics). I love the picture of the warthog! You don't always see them!

Um, I kind of hate you for posting that elephant story. I'm such a sap I watched the whole thing. I love elephants. They are awesome. I'm glad Shirley and Jenny got to be reuinited.

I'm glad that you were able to remember the name of the "adax" because I sure as heck didn't. Yay for Dis friends!

Wasn't that a beautiful story about Shirley? I cry every single time I watch it.

Those pesky animals stopping traffic like that. What were they thinking? I really want a safari that the animals cooperate. We shall see in a month. We are going to try the safari without a FP+ as we are doing another park in the afternoon. Guess you know where we will head 1st thing?

I am betting if you go straight to the safari, the wait won't be too terribly long.

Yay, AK! My favorite park! Ok, it's in a 4 way tie for favorite park, but it is one of them! :thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Love your wonderful animal speck and tree pictures! :lmao: It's frustrating for sure when you sometimes get great pictures and other times the animals don't cooperate at all. I really hope you get to do Wild Africa Trek soon, it is definitely expensive but worth every penny.

Hmm, I wonder who the DISmeet was with? :rotfl: I'm sure she didn't mind hearing that giraffes were causing the back up!

Stephanie, your report is the one that makes me wish that we were doing the trek. Your pictures are fantastic!

Nope, she didn't mind that the giraffes blocked traffic. Didn't mind at all.;)

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: My guess is you are right. :rotfl:

Great updates. One day I will make it to TRex. The food looks amazing.
Glad you were able to spend time with the kids for Thanksgiving.
Love you AK day. You took some great pictures that day. You know with all the trees. My favorite would be the EE.

We were so happy to get to see the kids. It had been months and months since we had seen them.

Ya..I wasn't far behind!

Love your safari pictures. I don't think I have even seen that Monkey species on the safari so you are doing better than me.
I often come home and look at some of my pictures and try to figure out what the heck I was taking that picture of? Absolutely nothing. :rotfl:

'Cause I was soooo slow in updating. How's that sweet little grandbaby of your's?

I do the same thing with a lot of my pictures. What was I even trying to take a picture of?:rotfl:

Whew!! Finally caught up! :laughing: :woohoo:

I'm so glad y'all had such a nice Thanksgiving with Lacey and her hubby. :)

I'm so looking forward to us all being in WDW at the same time. :goodvibes

We almost cancelled our trip to Tennessee when we found out that Lacey and Jesse would be working the majority of the time that we were there. I'm so glad that we didn't. I needed to see them!

I'm excited too! I can't wait to meet you in person. I mean, I have to wait but I can hardly wait. :hyper:

Love the safari pictures!

Thank you!

As others have said, gorgeous shot!

:thumbsup2

Thank you Dee!

Classic Giraffic-jam!

:rotfl2:

Poop and shoulders. :rotfl: Great combination! :rotfl2:

At least two of those three shoulders are pretty girl shoulders. :rolleyes1

I loved all the safari pictures and I do enjoy seeing things though kids' eyes, even adolescent boys!!!!! :laughing:

I am sure that Hunter knew that I'd see the pictures and crack up laughing. He's such a goof!

Lisa, I am :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: on the floor with doo-doo...not once, but twice!! You guys crack me up.

Great safari pictures (including elephant butt). The shoulders aren't bad either. :lmao::lmao:

We used to let the kids take pictures too. It was always nice to get their perspective.

You know my son, he's willing to take pictures of anything for a laugh. :rotfl:

Leave it to a teenage boy to take those kinds of pictures :lmao: Funny how differently each person sees the same event, isn't it?

I was :sad2: and :rotfl2: at the same time when I saw the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter