• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammi67 said:
I understand completely. For as much as I hate having to work, that extra paycheck is nice. Two more years though, and then I'm retiring! Woohoo! These will be the longest years.........

Ok, try this. It worked for me to get this years trip okayed. Just keep saying "I want to go back to Disney" "I had such a good time when we were in Disney" "When can we go back to Disney". Then the kids will pick up on it and he will start getting it from all sides. Eventually maybe he will give in and say "OK, lets go!"

But if you wait 4 years just think of all the shirt designs you will have to choose from and all the secrets you will have learned to make your trip even more enjoyable!

Ahh, the "wear him down" factor! :goodvibes It could work, but knowing my husband, he'll just tune the kids out. He's really good at that. :rolleyes1

Planning for a trip is most fun! However, planning for 4 years might be considered excessive! The t-shirt planning might just take 4 years. There are too many designs to choose from. Hopefully I'll be able to talk him into another trip before the anniversary one. It would be nice to take a "grown up" trip with him. If he doesn't go for it, there's always my DSIL. She is as much of a fanatic as I am. Now that could be FUN! :p

Heck, I'm sure you could twist some of the arms on here to go.........

Hi everyone!

I Love, Love, LOVE the spray painted shirts!!! (Did I mention that I love them? ;) ) Too bad I am all out of shirts or I would try my hand at it.....

Baloo, I am so sorry about your trip. I would be devastated if that happened to us so I can only imagine how all of you are feeling.
Here's hoping you win the lotto :wizard:
(Just remember if you do, the official DDA meet and greet trip at WDW is on you!! :rotfl: )

maryjeane said:
Here's my spray painted ones I just did . . .

2005_1013Image0008.jpg

2005_1013Image0002.jpg

I love the spray shirts. I think I could actually do that :goodvibes Thanks for sharing how you made them. Your DD are very cute and their shirts came out great also. Love the spray ones

macntosh - I sent you a pm on how many transfer sheets I would like. Change it to 15 dark and 20 light. Thank you :flower: Thank you

Karebear1, your PM box is full. I got your check today! and thanks for the card too!

macntosh said:
I I just shared with my wife all of your kind words. From the bottom of our hearts thank you!

Back to the topic, where do you get this good transfer paper?

My first attempt at design....

KAA-Mowglicopy.jpg
I like ,can I use it?

macntosh said:
I am willing to make a bulk purchase. So with that being said. Why don't we create a wish list.

Please put type and quantity and this evening I will place the order.

5 Dark transfers

maryjeane said:
Thanks! The Pooh ones are my favorites. My partner in crime (speak up Kari) found the Pooh stencil at Michael's I think. They also have Minnie, Mickey and Tink heads. I tried the Minnie but her eyes look funny. Pooh is definitey the cutest. My family of 7 and her family of 4 are going to DL next month so there will be 11 of us in the Mickey head shirts. Actually DD (13) won't wear the Mickey head, so I'm making her a Tink one - she'll be the oddball.

For the painting I copied JnEsWDWMom's idea. I used the Tulip spray paints from Michael's and sprayed the shirts dry. It's very easy and only take about 30 seconds per shirt. Easy!!

HINT - For mulitiple Pooh heads you'll either need 3 stencils or trace and cut out a Pooh head out of cardstock and tape it on where the Pooh head will go so you don't spray that part. I can take pictures of that part if anyone wants.

Those are great!!! Do you have a picture of the Tink one?

Glynis said:
Ahh, the "wear him down" factor! :goodvibes It could work, but knowing my husband, he'll just tune the kids out. He's really good at that. :rolleyes1

Planning for a trip is most fun! However, planning for 4 years might be considered excessive! The t-shirt planning might just take 4 years. There are too many designs to choose from. Hopefully I'll be able to talk him into another trip before the anniversary one. It would be nice to take a "grown up" trip with him. If he doesn't go for it, there's always my DSIL. She is as much of a fanatic as I am. Now that could be FUN! :p
I saw you say planning for 4 years to go. I have been planning for a year and a half and still have nother year and a half to go. tips for saving if it would work for you: put money away that you get from birthdays, anniversaries, gifts, and keep asking yourself do i want this or a disney trip. everytime i see something i want i say do i want that or disney. 99% of the time disney wins out. :teeth:

MinnieMouseMom - I haven't done the Tink one yet. Just practiced. I'm waiting for the UPS truck to come with my order from shirtsupplier so I can do the rest. I didn't get the Tink head stencil - I just traced and cut out a whole-body Tink.

The other shirts I got at WalMart for $3 on clearance. My girls like them because they have lace and ruffly sleeves.

I love the shirts!! Im going to WDW 12/25/05 to 1/06/06 I cant wait!!! ::MinnieMo Ive been thinking about making shirts for my husband (soon to be 40) and son (soon to be 6) they share a B-day 1/4. Cant wait to see more.

maryjeane said:
MinnieMouseMom - I haven't done the Tink one yet. Just practiced. I'm waiting for the UPS truck to come with my order from shirtsupplier so I can do the rest. I didn't get the Tink head stencil - I just traced and cut out a whole-body Tink.

The other shirts I got at WalMart for $3 on clearance. My girls like them because they have lace and ruffly sleeves.

I can't wait to see Tink :)

maryjeane said:
Here's my spray painted ones I just did . . .

2005_1013Image0008.jpg

2005_1013Image0002.jpg

And the Stitch one that Brendita worked on for me . . .

2005_1014Image0004.jpg
How did you do the spray painted ones. I love those. How did you get pooh to come out so good?

Posted before I had read all. I got the above instructions. Can't wait to try this out. please do post the Tink when you get it made. :jumping1:

Thanks
Dumby in Alabama

Tammi67 said:
Heck, I'm sure you could twist some of the arms on here to go.........

That would be the best fun of all! To share the Happiest Place on Earth with all my DDA friends. It's been fun to see all the pictures, most of you are exactly as I pictured you. I would love to get to know you all in person. Wouldn't it be fun to get us all together, Paul and macntosh would just have to deal with being the few men among a bunch of women, but it could be worse, right???? The only problem, none of our kids would let us go on our own, am I right?

Still we can dream! ;)

Well, I was going to to Tink this afternoon after UPS came - I just got my shirts and no white one for DD (13) was sent. So now it's back out to the stores to find her one. Ugh! I'll send a pic as soon as I do it.

Cajun Princess - yes, you could do these. They are so easy and so much fun. I was working up the nerve to do tye dies, but like the spray paint ones so much better.

dose anyone have an idea on what I can put on my husbands and sons b-day shirts? I would like to let everyone know that they share their day!!

lovespoohbear said:
I saw you say planning for 4 years to go. I have been planning for a year and a half and still have nother year and a half to go. tips for saving if it would work for you: put money away that you get from birthdays, anniversaries, gifts, and keep asking yourself do i want this or a disney trip. everytime i see something i want i say do i want that or disney. 99% of the time disney wins out. :teeth:

These are good tips! I have a large canning jar that I use to put spare change in. Usually I only start collecting change a few months before a trip to Disneyland. This year I collected $60.00 in change. That was great for snack items, etc.

I decided to start now to save for our next trip. Who knows what I'll be able to afford once the time comes; staying onsite, AP's, etc. It's nice to see the jar slowly fill up and know it's all going towards a great trip!

:earboy2:

Glynis said:
These are good tips! I have a large canning jar that I use to put spare change in. Usually I only start collecting change a few months before a trip to Disneyland. This year I collected $60.00 in change. That was great for snack items, etc.

I decided to start now to save for our next trip. Who knows what I'll be able to afford once the time comes; staying onsite, AP's, etc. It's nice to see the jar slowly fill up and know it's all going towards a great trip!

:earboy2:
doing what i have said i have saved almost $3000 dollars. im trying to save enough so i can do a 4day dcl and 5 day wdw trip for me graduating college in 2007. im getting there just slowly, fingers crossed i can pull it off. a dream of a lifetime for me. :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter