Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went to a local Best Buy and used my (2) $200 EGift Cards to load $400 onto a Disney GC they had on the racks. Awaiting the (2) $20 cards to arrive to transfer it onto another Disney GC and will reply back if there is an issue.

Did you get your $20 promotional code yet? I bought the $200 egift card last week and got that immediately, but haven't gotten my $20 code yet.

Hi all - starting to plan my next Disney vacation & there is a lot to read here!

I used to purchase discounted Target GC's through Raise, use those Target GC's with my Target redcard for the 5% on the website site. Can this still be done?

If not what are the current best ways to get more for my money?

Thanks!

Hi all - starting to plan my next Disney vacation & there is a lot to read here!

I used to purchase discounted Target GC's through Raise, use those Target GC's with my Target redcard for the 5% on the website site. Can this still be done?

If not what are the current best ways to get more for my money?

Thanks!

No, you can no longer get the extra 5% off via the website. You may still bring Target GCs into Target stores and use them to buy Disney GCs at face value.

Read back the past couple of pages to get an idea of what are currently the best methods.

Did you get your $20 promotional code yet? I bought the $200 egift card last week and got that immediately, but haven't gotten my $20 code yet.

The offer states that the savings code will be sent to the purchaser's email address on March 18.

Sorry if this is a repeat, but can you use Disney Visa Rewards Redemption Card to add (one time contribution like with a gift card?) to your Disney Vacation Account? Thanks.

Sorry if this is a repeat, but can you use Disney Visa Rewards Redemption Card to add (one time contribution like with a gift card?) to your Disney Vacation Account? Thanks.

I had one instance where our card was missing a PIN. I called and they said that this was on purpose so that I didn't apply it back to the account because that's "double dipping" (seriously? we're talking about like 20 cents here). But since then, I have had two more cards and both had a PIN so I don't know what was up. I think it was just a wacky card, honestly. I used it on board a Disney cruise ship with no problems.

So here's the thing:

No Krogers near me. Giant does offer 4 & 5× rewards but it is random (this week it applies to Dominoes).

Don't have any cash back cards and won't get any more (found out the hard way I don't budget to pay them off monthly).

So, I believe since the death of Ebay>Target (RIP), my options to save are as follows:
Sam's/BJs (<5%)
Raise et al (3-10% depending on promos)
Target (5%)

I have two questions I hope someone can answer for me. Let's say that Giant puts out a 5x reward on Visa GC. Can I use that GC for payment on a Red card or to buy off of Raise? Other than using a DVA, is there another step I may be missing to maximize savings??

So here's the thing:

No Krogers near me. Giant does offer 4 & 5× rewards but it is random (this week it applies to Dominoes).

Don't have any cash back cards and won't get any more (found out the hard way I don't budget to pay them off monthly).

So, I believe since the death of Ebay>Target (RIP), my options to save are as follows:
Sam's/BJs (<5%)
Raise et al (3-10% depending on promos)
Target (5%)

I have two questions I hope someone can answer for me. Let's say that Giant puts out a 5x reward on Visa GC. Can I use that GC for payment on a Red card or to buy off of Raise? Other than using a DVA, is there another step I may be missing to maximize savings??

If it is visa, amex, etc GC that you can put a pin code to it you can pay your red card cc with it. I am not sure about raise as GC resellers often have more stric verification process.

I recently applied for and received an Amex blue preferred card and got my first good offer on it this morning. $30 off $150 at UT.

I saw that offer. Scratching my head trying to figure out if it is usable in some off the wall way. Already have my hopper tickets for our December trip.

Can someone tell me how to add card members to my amex and if that would allow me to use the UT offer a few times? My college aged kids are going in May on a tight budget and $30 off each ticket would be really helpful.

Can someone tell me how to add card members to my amex and if that would allow me to use the UT offer a few times? My college aged kids are going in May on a tight budget and $30 off each ticket would be really helpful.
Unless a new offer just came out, I'm pretty sure the UT $30 offer expired in December.

Ooops...my bad! Didn't realize a new offer came out. Thanks for the heads up!

PS - Perhaps if you added additional authorized users to your card, it would allow for multiple discounts. You can also open the prepaid Serve Amex for them.

Last edited:

Just get authorized user cards for your kids. Login to your account and click on "add someone to your account" on the right hand side of the page.

When their cards arrive, set up a separate login for them - specific to their card. They then should be able to add their own Amex offers.

Love the Target Red card idea!
Just remember that it only works in the brick and mortar stores. One of the cashiers at my store is always happy to see people buying Disney cards and using their Red card - that's how she pays for HER Disney trips!

I need to get ~$800 worth of Disney gift cards this week. Quickest and easiest way to save the money seems to be to gift the Best Buy gift cards from me to hubby and from him to me (this should work, right? 2 - $200 cards each = $800). Then in 2 weeks I should get $80 back. I'll add the Disney gift cards I buy to my DVA and then buy the annual pass with it, saving another 2% down the line when I get my bonus.

Sound kosher? My 60 day FP+ window is coming up and I decided to grab an AP.

ETA: Also paying for the gift cards with my Southwest card, we don't have any of the cool cards but at least I will get some miles out of it.

Also, what is the deal with Sears? I have a Sears credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter