Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Wow - thats very creative. So at HD, you'd use 3 payment methods - $50 Happy + $50 Happy + whatever cc to pay the Visa fee? This is just an intermediate step to convert the Happy to a Visa so you can use at BB, correct? You're not earning anything at HD?

Does HD sell loadable Visas or just fixed?

Yep to all. I don't remember if HD has loadable or not. I suspect they do. I was going for the fixed 100 cuz that's all I was willing to spend right now and have no idea how many CC you could use on one transaction. 3 has been pretty typical for me lately and I figured worst case I pay the fee in cash (gasp, I know)
But since I couldn't get the Happy cards at OM I skipped the HD this trip so I didn't check.

I don't believe HD has a variable load GC. I tried hitting up a HD about half an hour away since I guess my HD is never again going to restock their Disney GC's (my words, not theirs. But it feels like forever). They had a plethora of them. YAY! I kinda got ballsy and just went for $100 hoping for a nice cashier. I did the 2 transactions of $100 each which obviously triggered an ID check...and the checkout lady was NOT having it! She seemed nice at first and almost acted like she was just going to wave it through and then she caught "gift card". She said no but I told her it is rang in like a Visa, and I have been getting them at my local HD without issue. She acted like she wanted to call for a manager but then let it go through. And then I repeated transaction #2 :rolleyes1:duck:. Man, if looks could kill! I high tailed it out of there. She was so angry with me.

I really wish my options weren't Nice HD+empty Disney GC rack and Mean HD+all the Disney GC's a girl could ask for.

Is Bj's only a better deal for those without Sam's membership? I want to grab a few more gift cards for our trip at the end of the month and I think Sam's is a better deal with Dosh. Do any additional discounts apply to BJ's? I haven't had much sleep, but this is what I am thinking

8% discount at BJ's + 5% Visa warehouse clubs (assuming it applies at BJ's-I have never tried)

4% discount at Sam's + 5% Dosh + 5% Visa warehouse clubs

I don't believe HD has a variable load GC. I tried hitting up a HD about half an hour away since I guess my HD is never again going to restock their Disney GC's (my words, not theirs. But it feels like forever). They had a plethora of them. YAY! I kinda got ballsy and just went for $100 hoping for a nice cashier. I did the 2 transactions of $100 each which obviously triggered an ID check...and the checkout lady was NOT having it! She seemed nice at first and almost acted like she was just going to wave it through and then she caught "gift card". She said no but I told her it is rang in like a Visa, and I have been getting them at my local HD without issue. She acted like she wanted to call for a manager but then let it go through. And then I repeated transaction #2 :rolleyes1:duck:. Man, if looks could kill! I high tailed it out of there. She was so angry with me.

I really wish my options weren't Nice HD+empty Disney GC rack and Mean HD+all the Disney GC's a girl could ask for.
I would just take some empty cards from the store that has plenty and bring them to the nice store. BTW...I am a cashier at a Home Depot. I did buy a Happy Card at a Stop and Shop and brought it to work to show my head cashier how they work.

I would just take some empty cards from the store that has plenty and bring them to the nice store. BTW...I am a cashier at a Home Depot. I did buy a Happy Card at a Stop and Shop and brought it to work to show my head cashier how they work.

I seriously considered it for a second but then I realized I am a baby (honestly, I can't believe I did the second transaction after the first one!) and eventhough logically it's not stealing because the cards have no value I would totally get sweaty and awkward and just look like I was up to something. I would probaly get the cops called on me in seconds for acting suspicious.

It's a good thing I am not typically inclined to do anything 'bad' because I would never be able to get away with it :rotfl:

Curious to know if the Happy gift cards at Kroger are fixed value or loadable??

I haven't had a look yet, so I don't know. I'd be interested to know this too especially if we see a decrease in the number of deals on vgc at Kroger.

As a cashier...I don’t at all consider this stealing or bad for that matter. You may want to try to go thru an actual cashier next time. Just swipe the first card and hit the red button which puts it thru as credit and do the same with the second card. Self checkouts have different prompts than actual registers. I’ve not had a Happy card come thru my register so I’m not positive...but I don’t think there would be any prompts. I’ve been there for 16 years.

So at Office Max I used my rewards number today and on the last card it needed approval because it says I was at my limit, I was only getting 4 cards today but I got 4 cards yesterday, So I told him to take my number off and it worked fine, but He did have to ask if I could do 4 transaction for the gift cards, and they said since I was only getting $50 on each card it was fine.... wish I stated with these cards earlier, it is a pretty good deal for me since I don't have a great reward credit card like some.... Total 8 cards $320--$400 disney gift cards from Home Depot $80 savings....

Kind of bummed that I have no need for the BJ's deal but I did buy my mother in law $200 worth for our upcoming trip so 12.6% off with the Freedom.

I literally just received my last batch of $450 worth from Sam's. But after thinking about it, isn't the Sam's deal still better with RMN? By the smallest of margins (.2%). So if you have both options, Sam's is the better option although not by much.

As a cashier...I don’t at all consider this stealing or bad for that matter. You may want to try to go thru an actual cashier next time. Just swipe the first card and hit the red button which puts it thru as credit and do the same with the second card. Self checkouts have different prompts than actual registers. I’ve not had a Happy card come thru my register so I’m not positive...but I don’t think there would be any prompts. I’ve been there for 16 years.

But your on this thread so clearly you are much more knowledgeable and chill about gift cards than your average employee :rotfl2:. That cashier, I am pretty sure, would have tackled me herself and punched me had she seen me shove a stack of cards in my purse. I would be interested to see if the 100$ gc mark prompts for an ID check at regular checkout lanes instead of self check.

Hmm, I also wonder if I could do an old switcheroo too. Swipe the HappyDad and then when it prompts for ID hand them my CC+License instead of GC+License. I am usually holding my wallet anyhow so it would be pretty easy to do. I mean that seems shady but *I* know I am not doing anything wrong and it would be easier than trying to explain 'it's a gc thats not really a gc' while the cashier looks at you like your trying to smuggle diamonds out of the store.

I seriously considered it for a second but then I realized I am a baby (honestly, I can't believe I did the second transaction after the first one!) and eventhough logically it's not stealing because the cards have no value I would totally get sweaty and awkward and just look like I was up to something. I would probaly get the cops called on me in seconds for acting suspicious.

It's a good thing I am not typically inclined to do anything 'bad' because I would never be able to get away with it :rotfl:

The dirty cat toys lying around my house probably don't have value either, but if someone took them, it would still be stealing. You'd still be taking something from a store that doesn't belong to you. I think this is a questionable practice, and being arrested is a pretty big deterrent for me. My head explodes every time I read about people doing this.

But your on this thread so clearly you are much more knowledgeable and chill about gift cards than your average employee :rotfl2:. That cashier, I am pretty sure, would have tackled me herself and punched me had she seen me shove a stack of cards in my purse. I would be interested to see if the 100$ gc mark prompts for an ID check at regular checkout lanes instead of self check.

Hmm, I also wonder if I could do an old switcheroo too. Swipe the HappyDad and then when it prompts for ID hand them my CC+License instead of GC+License. I am usually holding my wallet anyhow so it would be pretty easy to do. I mean that seems shady but *I* know I am not doing anything wrong and it would be easier than trying to explain 'it's a gc thats not really a gc' while the cashier looks at you like your trying to smuggle diamonds out of the store.
FYI...my register no longer prompts for a signature or an ID. This is a recent update. The only time I need a signature is with a Home Depot credit card. I try a real cashier next time and I don’t see an issue. Maybe someone can try it and let us all know. I don’t have an Office Max in my state or I would try it myself.

I found them at my OD with the gift cards, but at the very, very bottom of the rack. Almost missed them. You have to scan the racks very carefully as they don't "pop out". Good luck! Promotion for 10% off $50.00 ends tomorrow.
My spinner store didnt have any other gift card stacks. But my other store had the normal rack
I haven't looked for GCs in a while apparently at OM, I didn't have any in the front of the store. They had a greeting card spinner instead now (honestly would have never thought to buy a greeting card at an office supply store) and I didn't see any near the registers. In the back of the store in front of the print services counter was one of the rectangular racks like HD or Best Buy has for them. Looked like everything was there now for this store, one side was reloadables and the other sides full of mostly 3rd party cards. Of course the side with the Happy cards was decimated, but I could have had any number of Disney ones at full price, those pegs were full :)
My one store just had the little spinner, and one had the big square rack. Full of happy cards.
Just went to OD, no Happy cards on display, the discount sign was on the GC stand so I asked and they had stacks that they hadn’t put out. I only got 2. Tomorrow I’m going to Staples to get some Visa GC with my Amex, still have some 10% cash back. Then going back to OD. I’ll get $250 in Disney GC for $185.40, that’s a 26% savings.
My register was hardcoded against taking Visa gcs for the happy cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter