Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

For those who have already submitted the BB&B rebates are you submitting each receipt individually? I was thinking I could do them as a batch, but after I entered the information for the first receipt it wants me to submit. I was hoping that I could enter them all at the same time and get 1 $50 gift card since I've bought 5, but I'm thinking now I'll end up with 5 $10 cards.

ETA: I went ahead and submitted all 5 I had individually. I guess I'll have to wait and see how the gift card(s) come.

Last edited:
For those who have already submitted the BB&B rebates are you submitting each receipt individually? I was thinking I could do them as a batch, but after I entered the information for the first receipt it wants me to submit. I was hoping that I could enter them all at the same time and get 1 $50 gift card since I've bought 5, but I'm thinking now I'll end up with 5 $10 cards.

ETA: I went ahead and submitted all 5 I had individually. I guess I'll have to wait and see how the gift card(s) come.

Same here...submitted my four receipts online individually and pretty much expect the gift cards to be in $10 cards.

I purchased 1 HC from Staples during their promotion and purchased 1 $50 Disney GC at BB&B without any issues. I swiped it as a credit card at the checkout counter. I did get a rebate form and submitted it online and it's still being processed as of now.

Not at the moment, unless your credit card might have something going on. It looks like Staples has e-gift cards at retail, and physical gift cards at $1.99 over retail (secure shipping fee).
That's what I saw too.....we're in Ohio visiting hubby's family and I just saw there were Staples here. We don't have them back home.

That's what I saw too.....we're in Ohio visiting hubby's family and I just saw there were Staples here. We don't have them back home.

The Happy Cards are not sold in stores, only online. And actually my HC I ordered from Staples came directly from Blackhawk, which I’m wondering might be why Staples pulled their Happy Kid discount early because they pulled it when Gift Card Mall ended the discount too.

Stupid Home Depot. I went today to purchase Disney GCs with the Happy cards. Went through self checkout, but of course it beeped to see attendant. She said, you can't by GCs with GCs. I told her it rings as credit, so then she said, you can't buy GCs with credit cards, only debit cards? Since freaking WHEN? So now I have to find something at HD to spend by $750 in remaining Happy cards on. Then they are dead to me!!!

Stupid Home Depot. I went today to purchase Disney GCs with the Happy cards. Went through self checkout, but of course it beeped to see attendant. She said, you can't by GCs with GCs. I told her it rings as credit, so then she said, you can't buy GCs with credit cards, only debit cards? Since freaking WHEN? So now I have to find something at HD to spend by $750 in remaining Happy cards on. Then they are dead to me!!!
So... there could be a few things here. Some self check outs now have limits set on purchases made without an attendant. This has been reported to be $50 at some stores and $100+ at others. Personally I would return at a totally different time of day (to avoid the customer service rep who might recognize you) and try to purchase a Disney gift card in the amount of 1 Happy card. You can try at self-checkout to see if it lets you slip through IF it’s an amount less than you tried to purchase today, or try at the regular checkout and keep the Happy Card tucked away until right before you need to swipe it and then swipe it fast.

Store policy might have changed for you or the cashier could have been overly cautious. Some stores only accept debit cards and cash for gift cards. That’s a policy that can vary from store to store even with the same chain and it happens overnight.

As far as $750 worth, ouch. I very much hope you already have alternative spending plans at HD. As always these things change overnight so this is another reminder to all that everyone needs to be ready to be stuck with whatever they are holding. Rule #1: if you won’t naturally spend it or can’t afford to float until you can naturally spend it, don’t buy it.

So... there could be a few things here. Some self check outs now have limits set on purchases made without an attendant. This has been reported to be $50 at some stores and $100+ at others. Personally I would return at a totally different time of day (to avoid the customer service rep who might recognize you) and try to purchase a Disney gift card in the amount of 1 Happy card. You can try at self-checkout to see if it lets you slip through IF it’s an amount less than you tried to purchase today, or try at the regular checkout and keep the Happy Card tucked away until right before you need to swipe it and then swipe it fast.

Store policy might have changed for you or the cashier could have been overly cautious. Some stores only accept debit cards and cash for gift cards. That’s a policy that can vary from store to store even with the same chain and it happens overnight.

As far as $750 worth, ouch. I very much hope you already have alternative spending plans at HD. As always these things change overnight so this is another reminder to all that everyone needs to be ready to be stuck with whatever they are holding. Rule #1: if you won’t naturally spend it or can’t afford to float until you can naturally spend it, don’t buy it.

Agreed! Try again at another time with a small amount. If there’s another Home Depot near you, you might try doing one small transaction there to see if it works there.

Throughout this thread, many people have reported getting shot down at one store, but going on to have success at another store or even at the same store with a different strategy.

I bought a Disney GC with a $50 Happy Guy about two weeks ago without a problem. It’s possible HD has changed policy in that time or maybe it’s just my particular store or transaction amount that allowed it to go through.

See if changing the variables changes the results.

Last edited:
I have been a cashier at Home Depot for 17 years now. Just go to a “live” cashier and swipe your card. There is no prompt for an I.D. It will go right thru when you swipe your Happy Guy card. I’ve done it myself at my store.

Thanks. The first time I went to HD with my HG cards, the cashier told me I had a 1 GC limit unless I went to the customer services desk so I started going through the self service, but I will try again at a different HD.

I realize I'm replying to a comment from October, but when I was in BBB today, I was looking at the cashier's screen after I swiped my HC, and saw a pop up. It said something like "Authorized Value Card," and the cashier had to click on it before the transaction finished. I had no problem (churned 3 $50 HC for Disney in 3 separate transactions), but it looks like the system does have a way to distinguish prepaid cards like Happy Cards from true credit cards.

My guess is this is very much a YMMV situation regarding the instructions the cashiers are given for dealing with the pop up, but as I've had no trouble churning HC for other gift cards, I was surprised to see my store does actually have a pop up.

Just a quick update...I was finally able to go over to the BB&B 40mins away from me over the holidays. Used the $100 HC I have held onto since October, and had no issues buying 2 $50 Disney gc. I think I saw the popup on the screen, and the cashier just cleared it and moved on. Sigh...I wish it was this simple at my local store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter