Disney Magic Kingdoms

I do the same. The icons really annoy me.

Yes, I really wish I could "turn off" the icons. I only level up attractions if doing so will get me a character token I need.

Oh, by the way, the 2nd PATF chest gave me the Gumbo stand. Oh, well, at least it pays magic and is something I didn't have.

Ready for the Tower Challenge!

I did miss a little of the live stream but this is what I have! Update 42
New tower challenge coming on ? (missed when this is coming out)
Owl is the character to get in this one.
No longer having a feature characters collection.
You can buy Beast and his castle, Aladdin and streets of Agrabah, Rabbit and his house.
There is a full team bonus and now you can purchase multiple tokens at once with maleficent coins.
No land update but there is good news coming for update 43 live stream. I am going to have to redecorate again to see if I can fit more than what I have out.
There is a new newsletter to sign up for, I know @supernova is very excited for this!
Are you kidding me? I signed up for that like four months ago. Wouldn't miss it!

I got lucky enough on my drops on Saturday to push me into the top 100 of the leaderboard. Was hoping for a Special Chance on the attractions chest, but didn't get there, although I did pick up enough Cinderella Relics to enchant another building to Level 2, as well as a few other tokens that I don't have any characters to collect for.

Getting stoked for the Tower Challenge. I've got Mickey up to level 9 and think he can by my second level 10 character before the challenge starts. I've got Aladdin working on the tokens and think he can get to level 7. Looking forward to unlocking some new characters, although I've been told Owl will almost certainly be impossible for a player this new.

I'm also fighting Zurg now, so excited to see which of my decorations that I've got in storage I'll actually need for California Screamin', and which can become permanent elixir.

This is going to be a fun week!

Last edited:

I got lucky enough on my drops on Saturday to push me into the top 100 of the leaderboard. Was hoping for a Special Chance on the attractions chest, but didn't get there, although I did pick up enough Cinderella Relics to enchant another building to Level 2, as well as a few other tokens that I don't have any characters to collect for.

Getting stoked for the Tower Challenge. I've got Mickey up to level 9 and think he can by my second level 10 character before the challenge starts. I've got Aladdin working on the tokens for level 7 and think he can be there as well. Looking forward to unlocking some new characters, although I've been told Owl will almost certainly be impossible for a player this new.

I'm also fighting Zurg now, so excited to see which of my decorations that I've got in storage I'll actually need for California Screamin', and which can become permanent elixir.

I really miss have the level of excitement that you appear to have @Renarr ! And yes, contrary to how some of my posts may read, there was a time in a galaxy far far away, I would also get excited about an event/TC.:rotfl:Actually the Star Wars event was probably the last one I was excited about. Not sure what event would get me excited now? Maybe introducing Marvel characters, but that would open up another can of worms with many players. 🤷‍♂️

Getting stoked for the Tower Challenge. I've got Mickey up to level 9 and think he can by my second level 10 character before the challenge starts. I've got Aladdin working on the tokens and think he can get to level 7. Looking forward to unlocking some new characters, although I've been told Owl will almost certainly be impossible for a player this new.

It is a nice change to see someone so excited about an upcoming event. Good luck getting every new character you can!

Was in the top 50 for that mini event .... Wish we could save some/all of the chests you get from those rewards - only so many happiness tokens are needed at one time and would be nice to save some for when a new event starts in hopes of getting relics that are more useful. Oh well

I generally enjoy Tower events so looking forward to one starting

I unlocked California Screamin' Thrill Levels today after defeating Zurg, and had to move all but five of my items in my entire park in there to unlock Thrill Level 1. I'm quite some ways from Thrill Level 2, though, probably another couple of months if I'm reading the requirements right.

Also, I see why the bench hatred; I had way too many of those already.

Got the new update this morning. Odd that there's supposed to be a new event tomorrow but there isn't any countdown graphic on the main screen. Although it's good to read that Gameloft has been screwing up games since 2000. Congratulations, Gameloft. Just think of the countless number of interns you've employed over the past 20 years.

Got the new update this morning. Odd that there's supposed to be a new event tomorrow but there isn't any countdown graphic on the main screen. Although it's good to read that Gameloft has been screwing up games since 2000. Congratulations, Gameloft. Just think of the countless number of interns you've employed over the past 20 years.

Still not one for IPhones.

I am almost done with Onward and Lady and the Tramp fully upgraded. I'll buy out Pocahontas to 10 and the trash panda is collecting for 8. I won't get into Hercules characters but they are coming along rather quickly so far. I expect most of them to be collecting for level 9 by the end of the tower challenge.

I am almost done with Onward and Lady and the Tramp fully upgraded. I'll buy out Pocahontas to 10 and the trash panda is collecting for 8. I won't get into Hercules characters but they are coming along rather quickly so far. I expect most of them to be collecting for level 9 by the end of the tower challenge.
For me Onward is finished and I have the two guys left collecting for 10 from Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas May take forever. Just collecting mostly now until I see how Tower will be.

Just saw a message on the Disney Magic Kingdoms FB group page. Says that the Tower Challenge has been postponed. There seems to be a delay in getting the updates available for iOS and out to users. There is no date when the Tower Challenge will start, just that it is postponed to a later date.

I'm glad they realized it before they made it live. Interns...

My Pocahontas is leveling up to 10 right now. That just leaves trash panda and all the Hercules characters for now.

Yep, glad they caught it and are postponing it. Selfishly, I’m also glad it’s delayed because I wanted to finish my Pocahontas, need 14 more ear hats, before the next event/TC. My trash Panda is currently at level 8 and should be ready for 9 over the weekend. 🤞

Other than that trash panda, I’m also just down to Hercules characters.

Phil - 8
Hercules - 5
Meg - 9
Pegasus - 6
Pain - 6
Hades - 5
Panic - 5

I feel like my Hercules characters are leveling more slowly after the event than everybody else's. I know some of this is because my book is spending time leveling other folks (Mickey is just now leveling to become my second character to 10), and some of it is probably reduced Token Conflicts (e.g. you could send Buzz for Meg Ears because he's not collecting for anybody else), but is there some other trick folks are utilizing to level the characters post-Hercules faster? Are some of you using Elixir for that (either for scrolls or the tokens themselves)?

Just wondering, as right now, my Hercules cast is:

Phil - 8
Hercules - 5
Meg - 7
Pegasus - 4
Pain - 5
Hades - 4
Panic - 4

I feel like my Hercules characters are leveling more slowly after the event than everybody else's. I know some of this is because my book is spending time leveling other folks (Mickey is just now leveling to become my second character to 10), and some of it is probably reduced Token Conflicts (e.g. you could send Buzz for Meg Ears because he's not collecting for anybody else), but is there some other trick folks are utilizing to level the characters post-Hercules faster? Are some of you using Elixir for that (either for scrolls or the tokens themselves)?

Phil - 8
Hercules - 5
Meg - 7
Pegasus - 4
Pain - 5
Hades - 4
Panic - 4

I think they are leveling more slowly because they made the quest longer to complete for a lot of the tokens for Hercules.

Phil - 8
Hercules - 5
Meg - 7
Pegasus - 4
Pain - 5
Hades - 4
Panic - 4

Looks like your in pretty good shape to me. Like you said, since your leveling up so many players you likely have a few more token conflicts. It’s also possible you might have a character or two that isn’t at as high enough level to collect Hercules tokens? Don’t think there’s any tricks we’re doing to get farther along. Sadly, can’t buy any Hercules items from Merlin, so that’s not helping us. Believe me if we could I’d have a few Hercules characters at higher levels right now. :rotfl:

@Arundal is a correct about longer quest times. I rarely ever send characters out for jobs over 4 hours during the day and wait until I go to bed for the longer jobs. If I can easily check in every hour or two, I usually have them collecting vases, since they’re always useful. In general, I also find any job that requires two characters annoying and will always opt for a single character job if it’s available.

Looks like your in pretty good shape to me. Like you said, since your leveling up so many players you likely have a few more token conflicts. It’s also possible you might have a character or two that isn’t at as high enough level to collect Hercules tokens? Don’t think there’s any tricks we’re doing to get farther along. Sadly, can’t buy any Hercules items from Merlin, so that’s not helping us. Believe me if we could I’d have a few Hercules characters at higher levels right now. :rotfl:

@Arundal is a correct about longer quest times. I rarely ever send characters out for jobs over 4 hours during the day and wait until I go to bed for the longer jobs. If I can easily check in every hour or two, I usually have them collecting vases, since they’re always useful. In general, I also find any job that requires two characters annoying and will always opt for a single character job if it’s available.

It's probably also that my non-Hercules characters are all out doing things for characters in the main storyline, then. Good to know that there's not something major that I'm missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter