Disneyland Half Marathon 2024

Note the times for access for Platinum and Gold. Gold gets the usual 8:30 - 10:00 window to shop, but it shows Gold only gets in from 9:30 to 10:00. Is this a change, or a typo on their part?

Note the times for access for Platinum and Gold. Gold gets the usual 8:30 - 10:00 window to shop, but it shows Gold only gets in from 9:30 to 10:00. Is this a change, or a typo on their part?
Hard to say with it being the first race back it could be intentional or a mistake. You could try shooting them a message on the website and see what they say.

Also could be their maybe changing it to give Platinum more incentive too.

Last few months have been so much of a blur that I'm just realizing that I still need to pick out race day outfits. Probably will do Eda from Owl House again for one of them. But haven't decided which.

Hard to say with it being the first race back it could be intentional or a mistake. You could try shooting them a message on the website and see what they say.

Also could be their maybe changing it to give Platinum more incentive too.

Last few months have been so much of a blur that I'm just realizing that I still need to pick out race day outfits. Probably will do Eda from Owl House again for one of them. But haven't decided which.
I'm not participating in the Disneyland Half weekend, I just saw someone post about this in a Run Disney group on Facebook. As is typical for those groups, the person who posted it basically got snarky replies of "don't like it, buy platinum" and "what's the big deal." They all seemed to miss the point that this is either an error, or a change in the amount of time golds have always gotten at previous expos.

Did you also let go of the Monday night at the same time? If so, then yes I grabbed your room!

I was amazed it took over 24 hours for someone to book the Monday night!

Must not have been the studio we released. We only let Sunday go, and I’m about 99.9% sure it went directly to someone’s waitlist. I went immediately back in to search, and it was gone! 😅 Great plan to stalk the site right before/around the 31 day mark 👍

Must not have been the studio we released. We only let Sunday go, and I’m about 99.9% sure it went directly to someone’s waitlist. I went immediately back in to search, and it was gone! 😅 Great plan to stalk the site right before/around the 31 day mark 👍
It’s good to hear there’s been some movement! I've been trying to pick up Thursday night at the new DL DVC because I have two nights there earlier in the week. No luck yet with waitlist or stalking!

With the new start area for the 10K and the Half Marathon, I still hope that the finish line is in the same area. That makes it very easy to pop into the parks for a couple of minutes to take some immediate post race photos

I took the rather unusual route of the Disneyland Half being my first race ever at any distance. My first 10K came after I had run 2 half marathons, and my first 5K came after having finished 6 half marathons, and 4 runDisney 10K/Half Marathon challenge weekends so this will be my first 5K at Disneyland and I'm looking forward to starting the 5K on Main Street USA.

In a weird, roundabout way, the cancellation of all 2018 Disneyland races wound up changing my approach to running which resulted in even thinking about attempting the marathon, which I had previously vowed to never even do, at all. So it will be interesting to return to races at Disneyland after the assorted impossible running things I accomplished and reflect on that roller coaster.

Um... did they extend the Haunted Mansion overlay?!?!? I think I read somewhere awhile back that it was being removed right before the races but now I see it's not going down for refurb until later in January.

Um... did they extend the Haunted Mansion overlay?!?!? I think I read somewhere awhile back that it was being removed right before the races but now I see it's not going down for refurb until later in January.

I talked to a DL CM a couple days ago, and he did say that HM holiday is still up. If not, this suddenly becomes a problem:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231214-192034.png
    Screenshot_20231214-192034.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 11

HM closes on Jan 22 for overlay removal and some other refurb work.

With the new start area for the 10K and the Half Marathon, I still hope that the finish line is in the same area. That makes it very easy to pop into the parks for a couple of minutes to take some immediate post race photos

I took the rather unusual route of the Disneyland Half being my first race ever at any distance. My first 10K came after I had run 2 half marathons, and my first 5K came after having finished 6 half marathons, and 4 runDisney 10K/Half Marathon challenge weekends so this will be my first 5K at Disneyland and I'm looking forward to starting the 5K on Main Street USA.

In a weird, roundabout way, the cancellation of all 2018 Disneyland races wound up changing my approach to running which resulted in even thinking about attempting the marathon, which I had previously vowed to never even do, at all. So it will be interesting to return to races at Disneyland after the assorted impossible running things I accomplished and reflect on that roller coaster.
It says in the email they sent out way back in September that the finish and the start are in the same place on Disney Way. So unless they changed their mind no it won’t be in the 2017 spot.

IMG_5563.jpeg
Depending on how they handle things you might be able to use the Toy Story shuttles after to get over there. But it won’t be as convenient as it would have been with a DTD finish.
Sounds like someone was working on old info. Starting last year they started changing it out towards the later half of the month.

Honestly it makes more sense to keep it open through MLK weekend.

Unrelated but I think I might have accidentally caused a panic at RD. Because I emailed them about how getting to the start will work if your a wheelchair and staying on property. And it’s been a hot minute with radio silence. So I think someone might have forgotten that logistic…

Unrelated but I think I might have accidentally caused a panic at RD. Because I emailed them about how getting to the start will work if your a wheelchair and staying on property. And it’s been a hot minute with radio silence. So I think someone might have forgotten that logistic…
Forgive me if this comes across as insensitive because I absolutely do not mean for it to be, but are you unable to wheel over with everyone else walking to the start line? Is there a different process for races at WDW? I'll admit I do not have the slightest idea how the logistics of all of that work, but I am imagining a throng of people all moving to the start line from the Disney hotels in a herd.

I was wondering the same. Again not trying to be disrespectful and I understand that WDW races offer transportation. But if the DL races aren’t- are they offering transportation? I’m trying to think of like rock and roll- big races that people may travel for. Do they provide AWD transportation? I really don’t know! Regardless- they should answer- even if it’s a no so you and others can plan.

Forgive me if this comes across as insensitive because I absolutely do not mean for it to be, but are you unable to wheel over with everyone else walking to the start line? Is there a different process for races at WDW? I'll admit I do not have the slightest idea how the logistics of all of that work, but I am imagining a throng of people all moving to the start line from the Disney hotels in a herd.
I’ve talked about this a bit upthread a few months ago but always am good to talk about it again. Because I get most people don’t know what the process for us is.

There’s a few things going on here. Like for one It’s a mile and a half from the hotel to the start. And I get that’s the typical walk for WDW with certain races. But for us at WDW we actually have a different loading in process to get to the start. This is what it looks like basically for Marathon and Princess. (From 22 Marathon weekend)

And I don’t have a video from Springtime but we basically walk straight in front of the corrals for the parking lot starts. All of this to say we don’t normally take the long way to get to the start the gen public does.

As it is we were always going to have to be handled a bit differently. Because they are going to have to figure out how to load us for the 5k. Which from what I remember from the in park starts is pretty much first come first serve. Which definitely doesn’t work that well if you’re in a chair. And traditionally we’re put in front of A/S1 So I’m not sure what’s going on.

Also I’m just not enthusiastic about pushing the chair accross rather wide streets at 3:30 in the morning. Especially without knowing how morning is going to work with road closures and when we’ll roll out. And I am ambulatory so I could walk the distance but pulling the chair for a 3 mile round trip especially after the half is something I’m less enthusiastic. And I would try the Toy Story Shuttles but I’m not sure how enthusiastic they would be about having us on there. Our things aren’t exactly very short. Mines personally almost 6 ft from one end to another

IMG_5454.jpeg
I was wondering the same. Again not trying to be disrespectful and I understand that WDW races offer transportation. But if the DL races aren’t- are they offering transportation? I’m trying to think of like rock and roll- big races that people may travel for. Do they provide AWD transportation? I really don’t know! Regardless- they should answer- even if it’s a no so you and others can plan.
So I don’t have experience with Rock N Roll as a chair or ambulatory for that matter and I really don’t plan to. But I do have experience with NYC and Boston as an ambulatory AWD. And I know they use a similar process for chairs. And will be having experience with Grandmas as a chair and already have had this convo with them because their point to point. And I wanted to know prior to registration.

Yes we do have separate transport for bigger races. Admittedly it’s the same type of buses they use usually on race weekend. But I call it separate because we leave earlier on buses specifically marked for us because like in NYC we actually don’t go through the normal entrance to get to our holding area. And Boston has separate waiting areas for the start depending on what classification of AWD we are.

For small races my experience is usually email them before hand if I see we need to shuttle. And they’ll usually give me instructions on where to park because a lot of times they use either coach buses or school buses for race transport which are not the most accessible to us to say the least.

They could also in this case I guess give parking instructions. But they need to say something sooner than later. I really don’t want to find out on Thursday of race week how this is going to work.

As for WDW weekends we also have a separate transport entirely. They have a different sent of vehicles they contract out specifically for AWDs who can’t go on the coaches. In fact that caused a problem at Springtime 5k this past year where they were taking forever to get back. I had to wait an hour just to get to my hotel.

So this wouldn’t be the first time they have separate transport for us but they also have a different person in charge of us for DL AWD according to the WDW person. So I’m not sure what’s going on.

All of this to say we typically have a different way of going about it. And even if DL has plans in place for the rest of the pop usually those are different from the ones we get.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter