Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
With their work schedule and mine the first two weeks of October works but to do Saturday-Saturday they have no rooms available. Do you guys think this is because of the popularity of the resort or like Pete said people have multi reservations in anticipation for free dinning?

Probably not. First week of October is the Gartner IT conference, and they book a LOT of the Standard Rooms at all of the deluxe. There were a lot of Gartner attendees at Poly last year, noticeable by their conference badges. Second week includes Columbus Day, a bunch of school breaks and Yom Kippur if I'm not mistaken.

I think the bookings are probably pretty genuine.

Just back from 8 nights at the Poly, CL. We had a wonderful stay. We ended up on the first floor, all the way down (from the main Hawaii entrance), facing the bungalows in room 1518 (I think...) I am fairly certain we were booked for the 'cheapest' view per our rate, but we sat on our little patio every night and watched Wishes, our view only partially obscured by palm trees and the bungalows roofline. I was amazed at how much we could see. We could've walked out from the patio and gone 20 yards or so to the left for a perfect view, but I am lazy and preferred to sit with my wine in our own little space.

Mousekeeping was very friendly but I wasn't super impressed with their services, at least not compared to our other stays. My only other real "complaint" was that one day we decided to hit the oasis pool. There were zero "available seats" but tons of them with the Poly white towels thrown on them and no other personal belongings. I am dealing with a knee injury right now, and my friend who was traveling with me just finished a long and painful two-year battle with breast cancer that culminated in a double mastectomy and extensive surgery in her abdomen (preventative precautions against ovarian/uterine cancer). Anyways, we don't fancy ourselves special snowflakes, we just wanted a place to sit comfortably with my kids. We found one of the tables with four chairs that had one white towel on it, and decided to just claim it. The nice folks at the table next to it said they hadn't seen anyone coming or going from it since they'd been there, for at least a half an hour. We'd been at the volcano pool earlier and CMs were going around clearing chairs with just the white towels (and no personal items). We'd been sitting for less than a minute when a woman huffed over from a large group of people who were occupying a row of eight loungers, and she told me that was their "eating table" and we needed to move so they could sit there while they ate. So they had not only the eight loungers (not all occupied), but they were also laying claim to the four-top table. I didn't feel like arguing (at least not then, but once I had two rum runners in me I was feeling kind of feisty......) so we just left. Twenty minutes later they still had not moved to that table. An hour later a few of them had moved but no food was ever brought over.

Not that I'm holding a grudge or anything. :littleangel:

Looking for help regarding transportation from (a) Poly to AK, (b) Poly to Epcot and (c) Poly to MK all for PPO ADR's. We are staying at the Poly and have early PPO breakfasts at each of the parks. I am having trouble figuring out which is the (likely) fastest route for each, using either Disney Transportation or Uber in light of all the new security check points. I don't mind spending a little bit on Uber if it faster. Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Two adults and 2 kids, 5 years old and 7 years old, so a bit of walking is ok. We're a fast walking bunch too.

Since all the the transportation questions start from the Poly resort, I put the question here. Apologies if this was the wrong thread.

This is our second time to WDW and this board has been invaluable. Many many thanks to all the posters here for the genuine enthusiasm to help out those who are less knowledgable in the tricks and strategies of Disney World.

Looking for help regarding transportation from (a) Poly to AK, (b) Poly to Epcot and (c) Poly to MK all for PPO ADR's. We are staying at the Poly and have early PPO breakfasts at each of the parks. I am having trouble figuring out which is the (likely) fastest route for each, using either Disney Transportation or Uber in light of all the new security check points. I don't mind spending a little bit on Uber if it faster. Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Two adults and 2 kids, 5 years old and 7 years old, so a bit of walking is ok. We're a fast walking bunch too.

Since all the the transportation questions start from the Poly resort, I put the question here. Apologies if this was the wrong thread.

This is our second time to WDW and this board has been invaluable. Many many thanks to all the posters here for the genuine enthusiasm to help out those who are less knowledgable in the tricks and strategies of Disney World.

Whenever we had an early PPO breakfast or just wanted to get there earlier for RD- we grabbed a cab or Uber (especially if it was too early for the monorail).
There was always a line up of cabs right outside the Poly no matter how early we went outside.
It was worth it to get there early and not have to stress about it.
Have fun!

My vote for the Epcot and AK PPO ADRs would be Uber or Taxi. Disney bus is also an option. But I prefer the "control" element of taking an uber/taxi since I don't have to budget in time for waiting on the bus. The last thing you really want first thing in the AM - when you might already be running late to begin with - is to have to wait on a bus. Uber/taxi will generally be your fastest option.

For an MK PPO ADR, typically monorail but you have to pay attention to the resort monorail line hours. Occasionally it may not be running that early. Pick up a Times Guide and/or bookmark sites like this: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

If the monorail isn't running, take the resort boat.

Sometimes I'll do the eye test - if I see a boat coming towards Poly or at the dock, I'll take the boat. If I don't see a boat anywhere on the water, I'll take monorail (assuming it's running).

In terms of the water park buses, that's for all resorts, not just the Poly.

Isn't this the off-season bus schedule? In the summer, we've always had direct bus service to the waterpark.

I have a security question, when you ride the boat over to MK, where is the bag check set up?

Poly to Epcot and AK, use Uber. MK you can use the resort monorail most of the time.

Is the Express Monorail not a good option for Epcot or MK? We also have some PPO breakfasts and were wondering the best route! We will have children ages 2 & 4 and no car seats, so I think Uber/cab is out.

Is the Express Monorail not a good option for Epcot or MK? We also have some PPO breakfasts and were wondering the best route! We will have children ages 2 & 4 and no car seats, so I think Uber/cab is out.
The express monorail is almost never open for Epcot PPO.

Unless you are staying DVC and are in Pago Pago, taking the resort monorail to MK is going to be easier.

When you rent a cabana at the Oasis pool, do they put a sign on it with your name? If not, how do people know it is reserved? I'm thinking of renting a cabana for the full day but we will probably go back and forth and I'm wondering how people know not to use the cabana if it is rented. Thanks!

Do they have clocks in the room? I thought I read that (at least at Beach Club) they removed the clocks?

Just back from 8 nights at the Poly, CL. We had a wonderful stay. We ended up on the first floor, all the way down (from the main Hawaii entrance), facing the bungalows in room 1518 (I think...) I am fairly certain we were booked for the 'cheapest' view per our rate, but we sat on our little patio every night and watched Wishes, our view only partially obscured by palm trees and the bungalows roofline. I was amazed at how much we could see. We could've walked out from the patio and gone 20 yards or so to the left for a perfect view, but I am lazy and preferred to sit with my wine in our own little space.

Mousekeeping was very friendly but I wasn't super impressed with their services, at least not compared to our other stays. My only other real "complaint" was that one day we decided to hit the oasis pool. There were zero "available seats" but tons of them with the Poly white towels thrown on them and no other personal belongings. I am dealing with a knee injury right now, and my friend who was traveling with me just finished a long and painful two-year battle with breast cancer that culminated in a double mastectomy and extensive surgery in her abdomen (preventative precautions against ovarian/uterine cancer). Anyways, we don't fancy ourselves special snowflakes, we just wanted a place to sit comfortably with my kids. We found one of the tables with four chairs that had one white towel on it, and decided to just claim it. The nice folks at the table next to it said they hadn't seen anyone coming or going from it since they'd been there, for at least a half an hour. We'd been at the volcano pool earlier and CMs were going around clearing chairs with just the white towels (and no personal items). We'd been sitting for less than a minute when a woman huffed over from a large group of people who were occupying a row of eight loungers, and she told me that was their "eating table" and we needed to move so they could sit there while they ate. So they had not only the eight loungers (not all occupied), but they were also laying claim to the four-top table. I didn't feel like arguing (at least not then, but once I had two rum runners in me I was feeling kind of feisty......) so we just left. Twenty minutes later they still had not moved to that table. An hour later a few of them had moved but no food was ever brought over.

You shouldn't have to put up with that at the pool. One person can only occupy one chair. I would of told them that I would keep that table ready for them and when they got their food my family and I would be happy to jump into those loungers so they could have the table and eat.

We will be staying at the Poly for the first time this fall (eek!!). Do they still pipe the music for fireworks in on the beach and allow for viewing from that area? The first night we arrive we are planning a Narcoossee's dinner and I'm trying to decide if I should plan that ADR to watch from the restaurant or book a smidge earlier to allow us time to get back to the Poly and enjoy from the beach. Thanks in advance for any feedback/insight!

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip and enjoy your first Poly stay :).

Staying at the Poly for the first time in June for two nights. Originally, the plan was for me to arrive around 11 am Thursday morning, go to Epcot all day, and then meet up with my boyfriend in the evening (he's at a conference all day) for dinner at Ohana. Then, Friday we'd rope drop 8 am EMH at the MK and then hop over to Epcot for a drinking/snacking around the world afternoon and dinner at Biergarten. Sounded fun, but exhausting.
Now we've totally revamped that--my boyfriend now thinks he'll be done with the conference around 3 pm. I think for only around four hours, while going to a park would be great, it's unnecessary. I keep thinking about how beautiful the Poly is and we're paying a premium to stay there....so why not stick around to enjoy the amenities?! My boyfriend totally agrees. So I'll be hanging out at the pool, probably consume a Lapu Lapu or two, have lunch at Captain Cook's...just relax and enjoy the resort. May or may not go to Hollywood Studios when my boyfriend is done with the conference, just for a few FP+. We'll make a game-time decision depending on what time he actually gets to the Poly.
We'll do the same thing Friday morning and skip the MK--sleep in and enjoy the resort before going over to Epcot whenever we feel like it.
I've never had this much resort time during a trip! It just seems like the Poly is the place to do it. And I really don't think I'll miss my park time--coming back in July for 5 days with a friend!

Spending time at the resort is a great idea IMO, especially when you're staying at the Poly. Have a great time :wizard:.

We were able to stay at CR once when my parents took us to Disney, but have been on budgets and in Moderate Resorts since. Found out we love POR. That said, I had been thinking about taking my kids to Polynesian - it looked like someplace I'd really like, too. A couple of questions - my kids are 11, 8 and 8 (they love Stitch, so we've been to 'Ohana and will probably do that again)... what are your favorite reasons for booking at Polynesian Resort?

We love everything about the Poly. The tropical atmosphere is relaxing, the pools are nice, the rooms are large & spacious, and you can't beat seeing the castle every day. I think you would have a great time staying at the Poly. Good luck and enjoy the planning :wizard:.

Okay I just have an opinion question. DD and DSIL want to go to DW this fall and I would love to stay at the Poly again. With their work schedule and mine the first two weeks of October works but to do Saturday-Saturday they have no rooms available. Do you guys think this is because of the popularity of the resort or like Pete said people have multi reservations in anticipation for free dinning? To me I think of September being more for free dinning, i don't know weather to wait till next week to see if anything opens up or get another resort before it is gone too! Actually there isn't a lot out there for standard views. Thanks for opinions!

I would book your second resort choice and keep checking for availability at the Poly. Availability can/does change, so there is a chance something will open up. Good luck! :)

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry about the pool chair issue and that housekeeping wasn't the best, but glad you had a wonderful stay overall :goodvibes.

IMG_1621_zpstucejde4.jpg

Our room view from the Poly for the week. FINALLY HERE!!!! YAY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter