Do you have a "type"?

Type???? In boys you mean???? I am 13 and I don't think about em that much but I suppose the type that I like the most are the ones that don't act stupid or act like they are 5 years old which is about 1% of them my age. :rotfl2: I not searching anyway and if I was my Dad would lock me in my bedroom and make sure I wasn't. :rotfl2: I will wait for them to grow up a bit. I guess I'll be 40 years old by the time that happens.:rotfl2:

:rotfl:And that would be an automatic "not in a million years" in my world. :rotfl:

Lol - different strokes. My single girlfriends all find different types attractive - thank goodness, right? I recently dated a guy way outside of my norm. Ran into a friend while out and she thought he was dreamy, I was like "meh."

You got an aesthetic type? For reference - all those things don't have to be together, but there is a definite sense of style I gravitate toward.

Type???? In boys you mean???? I am 13 and I don't think about em that much but I suppose the type that I like the most are the ones that don't act stupid or act like they are 5 years old which is about 1% of them my age. :rotfl2: I not searching anyway and if I was my Dad would lock me in my bedroom and make sure I wasn't. :rotfl2: I will wait for them to grow up a bit. I guess I'll be 40 years old by the time that happens.:rotfl2:

You've got plenty of time, no need to be out considering this one just yet;)

Lol - different strokes. My single girlfriends all find different types attractive - thank goodness, right? I recently dated a guy way outside of my norm. Ran into a friend while out and she thought he was dreamy, I was like "meh."

You got an aesthetic type? For reference - all those things don't have to be together, but there is a definite sense of style I gravitate toward.
Yep, I like men who look like they know what it means to work hard and aren't afraid of it. Farm boys. ;) Interestingly, my type doesn't look anything like my father, who resembles an older version of George Clooney. Brown hair, blue eyes, tall, facial hair.

Personality wise, I prefer men who won't let me walk over them. :) I have no use for wimps. I love men who are intelligent with a dry sense of humor (Ryan Reynolds and Chandler Bing :rotfl:). Quiet at first, but surprise you once you get to know them better.

My type and I will be celebrating our 21st anniversary in a few weeks. :love:

Yep, I like men who look like they know what it means to work hard and aren't afraid of it. Farm boys. ;) Interestingly, my type doesn't look anything like my father, who resembles an older version of George Clooney. Brown hair, blue eyes, tall, facial hair.

Personality wise, I prefer men who won't let me walk over them. :) I have no use for wimps. I love men who are intelligent with a dry sense of humor (Ryan Reynolds and Chandler Bing :rotfl:). Quiet at first, but surprise you once you get to know them better.

My type and I will be celebrating our 21st anniversary in a few weeks. :love:

First of all...awwww. Congrats! That's an amazing thing to be celebrated!

Personality wise, we may like the same type, just packaged different.

My type is clean cut, no facial hair, fit guy that doesn't just play at being a grown up.

I think it comes from growing up in the military. Keep the hair off of the collar.

My husband fits my type to a "T."

I think my DH was at first different from my "type", but now I can't imagine being married to anyone else. When I met him I thought he was attractive, but has that football player build and is into sports (we met at a college football game, go figure, I only went to the game because it was a group activity with my dorm and I wanted to meet people--not to date, just make friends since I was new to the college). I was always more attracted to a taller and leaner look, and to introverts who like to read lol. I never cared for sports beyond playing them recreationally, never wanted to date a "jock", and he was more extroverted than I was. I think we probably balanced each other out in good ways, and now interstingly I'd say we meet somewhere in the middle, with both of us being friendly and personable, but liking our quiet time too, neither of us were partiers.

Anyway, while he didn't instantly check the boxes for my physical "type" (but again I did think he was cute) and having the exact same interests, he was my type in the most important ways, of being a truly kind person with the highest integrity.

It can be kind of funny how some really have a strong pull toward a certain type of personality or appearance. I have a friend with a strong attraction toward red heads. He's married, kids, with an attractive successful wife. If he runs into a good looking red head and the two talk, I'll hear about the conversation, no matter how long or short the talk was, for days! It's nothing serious, just a birth defect of his as we joke.

I've been known to be teased about being attracted toward the Winona Ryder types. It isn't entirely true! But, well, I'll admit there does seem to be something with that.

It can be kind of funny how some really have a strong pull toward a certain type of personality or appearance. I have a friend with a strong attraction toward red heads. He's married, kids, with an attractive successful wife. If he runs into a good looking red head and the two talk, I'll hear about the conversation, no matter how long or short the talk was, for days! It's nothing serious, just a birth defect of his as we joke.

I've been known to be teased about being attracted toward the Winona Ryder types. It isn't entirely true! But, well, I'll admit there does seem to be something with that.

That's a really good comment, some people don't have a type. A good friend and I have been discussing it lately, and we're both very definitely "type" types. We try to go on a date with someone outside of our respective norms, and appreciate that person is attractive, but it just doesn't reasonate somehow. Of course, we're both twice divorced...lol. I have other friends that do not have types - or not as strong ones. Its interesting to me to see what others are drawn to - and to what extent. Your friend sounds like an interesting case and something I'd do, just not about redheads.

Interesting thread. I have a type that would certainly make me do a double/triple take. But there are lots of different types that I would consider to be "attractive" so not a huge thing for me.

No, not really. I was actually thinking of this not too long ago how every person I have had any type of relationship with was very different appearance wise from each other.

I guess you could say my "type" is someone who is attracted to me. Because honestly, there are times where I wasn't attracted to someone until I knew they "liked me" me then I started to see them differently .

Only thing any of them seem to have in common is NOT being someone I would think of myself with.

Interesting thread. I have a type that would certainly make me do a double/triple take. But there are lots of different types that I would consider to be "attractive" so not a huge thing for me.

Ok, got a question on that then - I can look at say Dwayne Johnson - last year's sexiest man alive - and think he is a very attractive man. He just doesn't do anything for me at all, even though he is very attractive. For you, would his very attractiveness be enough?

Ok, got a question on that then - I can look at say Dwayne Johnson - last year's sexiest man alive - and think he is a very attractive man. He just doesn't do anything for me at all, even though he is very attractive. For you, would his very attractiveness be enough?

Mmmm can you give me a female example, lol. Or I'll give you one. If you ask me which female celebrity I'd drool over I would probably tell you Kate Upton. I would stare at her like I would a big juicy steak. Now another woman (Jennifer Aniston) is attractive as well. However, I consider her more classically beautiful while Kate Upton to me just oozes sexiness. So yes, I would find Aniston unbelievable attractive as well and it would be enough, even though I don't think she falls into the sexy category like Kate Upton.

Yes, I probably have a type, & DH fits it - in both looks & personality.

I don't like the skinny, hipster type...

I've always been attracted to guys about 6 feet or so, tanned/darker skin, light-colored eyes, good hands, not necessarily body-builder muscular but still fit & not skinny... I want someone w/ strong arms that can wrap around me...

I like a man who's not going to burn on the beach, likes sports, knows how to shoot a gun, & isn't afraid to get his hands dirty & isn't afraid of hard work... "guy's guy" but also gentle & kind, especially to children & the elderly & animals... I want someone who cares about what he looks like & wears stylish clothing, but I don't want a guy who spends more on beauty products & clothing than I do... a good strong, military or firefighter type... someone who looks & acts confident & looks like he can take care of me... he's got to have good, strong, capable hands... intelligent & w/ a good sense of humor but also a good sense of honor & integrity & duty... a leader & a man that other people respect... an easy, but not cruel, laugh... a little bit of sarcastic humor is good too... someone who knows how to tip the valet... a gentleman who treats me like a lady, but also knows how to flirt & be sexy...

I don't want a guy who's gonna scream when he sees a spider or snake, but I also don't want someone who's gonna throw a bug at me because he thinks it's funny.

I want someone who's physically, emotionally, & mentally stronger & braver than I am, so he can be my safe place where I can let down my guard... but not so stoic that he never expresses emotion...

I want someone who says "I got this" & means it.

It also helps if he knows how to cook.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter