Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

• YES

Votes: 94 40.2%
  • NO

Votes: 140 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if we croak at the same time in a park, the Magic Band is the only way they could identify us!

Well I certainly hope that never happens, but imagine the news story: "Couple found dead in Theme Park, remains are being sent to Guest Relations for identification. Park officials call the deaths unexpected, the couple's Park Hoppers reveal two days remaining.":earboy2:

No fanny pack for me or DW, minimal stuff for us to carry-wallet/sunscreen...and that's about it. :)

Yes, I just started ..........
Got a cool Mickey "hip" pack in Disneyland (with the DL logo) on our last trip . I dont like everything in the cargo short pockets anymore , and forget about it in jeans. I dont like wearing backpacks of any kind while in the park ...........can you say "back sweat" ! No thank you !!!
I find "hip" packs are VERY convenient, and small enough to handle easily , but yet fit everything I need too . I am getting used to just reaching into the pack and grabbing anything I need without looking , cause everything in stored in its "own" spot.
I have "reader" glasses, sun glasses , iPhone / camera , small plastic Disney world water proof box for some cash / and 1-2 CC's (just incase) .
I dont care if its becoming out of style (so they say) .........I am in Disney , who cares ! They are VERY convenient , and everything I need is right there on my right hip . Very small to remove for any attractions that I need to as well ......... and this is the important part ..........its always easy to make sure its right there , unopened and I didnt loose it ! Had a few scares when we realized the backup was opened up while we roamed the parks for who knows how long !

I actually think they are coming back, as I have seen lots more for sale lately . Maybe some people are getting smarter , instead of worrying what other people think about them !

Wear what you want. Who cares what's in style? I find fanny packs to be too small and not very comfortable. We use a very small backpack and a small crossbody purse. I do use a fanny pack at the gym, but I don't wear it. I also use a fanny pack to run. It's really only useful if all you need is a phone, lip gloss, and a key. I usually need more than that at the park.

None of my pants have pockets capacious enough to hold more than a credit card. If I were to switch to bag-free I would need a new wardrobe.

My fanny pack is hot pink and holds:
-money
-cell phone
-battery pack/cords for cell phone
-hand sanitizer and wet wipes
-sunscreen
-pony tail bands
-my little emergency kit (bandaids, aspirin, duct tape, etc)
-receipts
-pen
-little Moleskine notebook

I wear a fanny pack at Disney, Universal, Six Flags, heck, even the zoo sometimes. It may be unfashionable, but who cares, it's way easier than carrying a purse or backpack in my opinion.

Here's me looking completely terrified as I meet Kylo Ren, you can see my totally unfashionable fanny pack and double hat. I don't care what I look like, I'm there to have fun--not to walk a runway.
STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR1_20161128_7875837294_zpswnex6h7p.jpeg

I used to wear a fanny pack but found it was always in the way when using the bathroom and it also gave me a back ache. I switched to a small crossbody bag about 10 years ago. At first it was a bag that's very similar to the Baggalini Journey. After a few trips with that I realized that 95% of the stuff I was lugging around in that bag all day was never getting used. So I downsized to something just big enough to hold my phone, credit card, ID, cash, a few tissues, and my lip gloss. I've had a few different bags depending on the size of my cell phone but I currently use a Baggalini Bryant Smartphone pouch. If I'm wearing cargo shorts, I don't even necessarily take the bag -- just put everything in my pockets.

I say use whatever works for you and don't worry about what other people think. I know a lot of people probably think I'm crazy for wearing running/cross training shoes to the parks every day -- I wouldn't even consider wearing sandals or flip flops. But I don't really care what other people think. I do what's best for me...and my feet, back, hips, and knees prefer I wear running shoes and use a tiny cross-body bag. Everyone should do what works for them and not worry about the fashion police. :)

I absolutely do and I don't understand what the stigma is about them. Some are stylish and very useful. I carry my cell phone, small wallet with cash and ID, mints, and whatever other small things I might need. I love having being hands free but still have my "stuff" with me. I am curious as to how those "Running Buddy's" advertised on QVC are.

who cares what ABC says or the so called style police say. I wear a small one for the items I need. Sunglasses park maps etc. Mine also has a spot to put my water bottle so it's all in 1

No! We are just a couple again and hands free. As soon as the youngest of our four kids was out of diapers we became a hands free family. Six people in cargo shorts was more than enough space for a pack of tissues, a little cash, a credit card and our tickets. That was before Magic Bands. We don't even need cargo shorts anymore! In fact, if we croak at the same time in a park, the Magic Band is the only way they could identify us! :)

It's a good idea to carry an ID with you at all times anyway, as well as an alternate payment method in case the MB system goes down.

I've been carded at Disney while purchasing adult beverages as well.

I don't carry a fanny pack. I can't put enough diapers in there to last the whole day.

I carry a backpack. I need something with a little room because Murphy's Law states that if I carry the ponchos with me all the time, it will not rain. If I leave them in the hotel room, we will get caught in a downpour. So, I have to carry those. We also have a large camera that DH likes to put away into the backpack when we are on rides.

I used to wear a fanny pack. But after a couple of days I hated putting it on. It felt uncomfortable and trapped the heat in next to my waist. I purchased a baggalini cross body bag, and have never looked back! Much more comfortable!

Sling backpack all the way for this girl.

Convenience of a fanny pack, comfort of a backpack and no shifting like I found with my crossbody bags - I was always shoving them behind me out of the way.

Not too big and I don't cram it full of "just in case" junk so it stays light.

Attachments

• IMG_3560.JPG
    IMG_3560.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 46
I bought a cross body/bum bag at DL many years ago and it's the one I still use. For years it was just my wallet and car keys in my pocket. Now I need to bring test kit and before meal meds with me. Just easier putting it in a small bag.

You should wear what works for you. I personally do not use a fanny pack. I travel light and carry my Dooney & Bourke wristlet.

I agree with others, just wear what you want, you will see plenty of them there. I have pictures from the 80s where I had one on but now it's bagless for me. I carry my cell phone in a pocket and either a small cloth wallet for a cc, ID, some cash and my AP or just carry them loose in my pocket. I wear my reading glasses around my neck, sunglasses on my head. MB either on my wrist on on a carabiner attached to a belt loop if I have one. I do wear sundresses or pants that don't have pockets deep enough for my cell phone sometimes and then I just wear a running belt under my clothes until I get into the park then pull it on top. I carry my cell phone in my hand until I get in the park in those cases. If I'm wearing pants the running belt is just sort of belt like around my waste under my shirt, if wearing a sundress, it just looks like a wide belt over my dress (I go to the bathroom and pull it over my dress after I go through security since I'm not going to pull my dress up to get to what I need. https://www.amazon.com/Eazymate-Fas...9208625&sr=1-1&keywords=easymate+running+belt

Happy 4th of July to all !

Watching ABC this morning, and they mentioned fanny packs are a style of the past.

If you still wear a fanny pack in the parks, please respond yes

If you do not wear a fanny pack in the parks, please tell me what you use now to store all your "stuff".

I am so confused, since I have always used a fanny pack.
Am I just old-fashioned and out of style ?
I carry a comfortable shoulder bag.

Nope! I only have my phone, a little money, and tube of sunscreen in my pocket. That's all I need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter