Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

• YES

Votes: 94 40.2%
  • NO

Votes: 140 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have one friend who rocks such a pack at the parks. I'm not so bold nor so "dad" to do it myself, but like someone else said, apparently they're fashionable again.

I prefer sporty drawstring bags. They're flexible enough to carry a phone charger and sunscreen, poncho, and maybe a light sweatshirt for colder nights. I don't think a waist pack could do all that.

I also use a cross body bag, or I have my DBF carry a few items for me in his pockets. We mostly go in Sept so anything strapped to your body makes you feel MORE hot!

We go bagless. My lanyard holds my ID, credit card, insurance card and cash. Phone in pocket.

I haven't decided what I'll use this October. I'm torn between hands free and cargo pants or a cross-body. I note Etsy crafters now call bum bags "utility belts" or "festival bags." ;)

I just purchased a fanny pack for each of my kids- son 8, daughter 12 for our ten day Aug. trip. They will carry their own snacks, sunblock, etc. I use a light back pack. It will lighten my load and they don't need to ask for anything, as they will pack it themselves. My daughter bought a white one, which she will get autographed while there!

I have a couple cross body purses that I prefer now, but I would have no problems wearing a fanny pack if I needed one.

The fashion/style police don't dictate to me what I wear, or my accessories. I don't do anything 'that' outlandish, so wouldn't bother me!

Really don't care about anyone making fun - doubt that really happens much - most people are there to enjoy themselves, not worry about what others are doing (within reason). It's not a fashionable place IMO - comfort rules!! :goodvibes

Last edited:
I just purchased a fanny pack for each of my kids- son 8, daughter 12 for our ten day Aug. trip. They will carry their own snacks, sunblock, etc. I use a light back pack. It will lighten my load and they don't need to ask for anything, as they will pack it themselves. My daughter bought a white one, which she will get autographed while there!

When our kids were young they always wanted me to carry all kinds of stuff for them. When they were about 6 & 7 I bought them their own fanny packs to carry their own stuff. They each used them for one day in the parks and that was the end of them needing *anything* in the parks. They decided it was too much trouble to carry their own stuff. Best move I made when it came to carrying unneeded stuff around the parks. It was the beginning of going bagless or nearly bagless for me.

I do not but I don't judge those that do. I find they make my back sweat and since I wear a dress it just looks weird on me (to me anyway). I use a Vera All-in-One Wristlet. It holds my credit cards, cash, cell phone and lip balm. That's all I need. I usually carry a water.

My husband used one... just a simple black one, no flashy colors or anything... Looked fine to me. lol

I often wear a SPIbelt in the parks - my daughter calls it a fanny pack but I disagree with her. I originally bought it to hold my ID, health insurance card, phone, and car key while running. At Disney, I trade the car key for a credit card, my AP, TIW card, $20, and sometimes a few SotMK cards.

I actually wear a fanny pack quite a bit in my every day life mainly because ladies shorts/pants are the absolute WORST at pockets and I hate purses. I also find myself wearing a lot of active wear/yoga pants. I started wearing a Camelbak to the parks recently and although it does get my back warm I love knowing I always have water readily available and it holds all my small stuff. Now I never go to the parks without it!

Happy 4th of July to all !

Watching ABC this morning, and they mentioned fanny packs are a style of the past.

If you still wear a fanny pack in the parks, please respond yes

If you do not wear a fanny pack in the parks, please tell me what you use now to store all your "stuff".

I am so confused, since I have always used a fanny pack.
Am I just old-fashioned and out of style ?

My DH still uses a fanny pack. It holds his all of his stuff. I actually bought him a water resistant one so things will stay dry during light rain or water rides. It holds his 2 cell phones (one for work), wallet, phone charger, a protein bar or 2 and DW maps. You are not old fashioned. Do what works for you. Wear your fanny pack with style - my DH does! :flower1:Someone in our party carries a bag pack to carry bottles of water and fans for the summer.

I haven't even been to the parks yet and i plan on bringing one. Though mine looks like a pro wrestling title belt, so it has a bit more space in it. I don't care what other people think, I love it so I'm using it.

I carry one but instead of wearing in around my waist I put the strap on my shoulder like a purse. I will put it around my waist if need be. I know they aren't fashionable but I find them convenient as I have to carry some things because of medical issues.

I do not wear a fanny pack but only bc I do not like having all of the weight from my items on my hips/waist. It has nothing to do with style. I use a cross-body backpack.

No way in Hades would I ever use a fanny pack. Just the name fanny pack irks me. I use a small/light cross body bag.

But I don't care if other folks want to use one. I'm not paying attention to what other people are wearing.

I never used one even when they were "in style". However, I don't look twice when I see someone wearing one in a Disney park. We have little ones and I am in the backpack phase, but once past that the pockets in my cargo shorts (in style or not) will be stuffed full.

I go bagless, I throw "everything" in a wristless which can be put in my dress pockets or worn on my wrist later. If its not a dress that had pockets or that I couldn't add pockets to, I do the running belt. Its incredibly easy to add deep, lovely pockets to most cotton sundresses - just make sure they have side seams and you're golden. My "everything" is some cash, ID, hotel key if staying at the Swolphin, cc and phone. Sometimes a lipgloss. I wear my sunglasses and MB.

NO! We use a one-shoulder sling bag. It's perfect in the parks. It is small, but we don't carry much more than ponchos, a few snacks and our water bottle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter