Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

• YES

Votes: 94 40.2%
  • NO

Votes: 140 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do not use a fanny pack, as I'm under 70 years old.
:rotfl:

Absolutely not!!! :eek:

I am pleased to announce, however, that my husband retired his hideous giant orange fanny pack and purchased a slightly less hideous smaller black Mickey fanny pack on our trip last week.

I choose my battles.

I use a backpack or larger purse type bag, as I have much stuff to carry (poncho, sunscreen, water bottle, etc). DH uses a fanny pack type bag.

Thankfully we have never cared much about being in style!

Last edited:

No way. They are not in style (were they ever in style, even in the 80s?) or "back." There is a difference between actually being back in style and being worn ironically by hipsters.
I wear a small crossbody bag. I don't know how anyone can stand something around their waist that sticks out several inches and sags. It's one thing if you have a flat running band for a couple cards and some cash. But anything that can fit sunglasses and a water bottle is too big to be hanging around someone's waist, imo.

I use a small LeSportSac crossbody bag in a fun Small World pattern that I got a few years ago. It is very comfortable.

When I was pushing a stroller (last used 3 years ago), I used a fanny pack to keep my valuables in. Now that I'm stroller free, I use a small backpack instead because I need a bit more room than a fanny pack offers.

I could care less about whether they are in style or not, when touring for long days over multiple days at a place like WDW, it's all about functionality and comfort.

No way. They are not in style (were they ever in style, even in the 80s?) or "back." There is a difference between actually being back in style and being worn ironically by hipsters.
Well, there are people who work in the fashion industry that would disagree with you. I don't find them attractive, personally, but definitely practical in certain circumstances. And I wouldn't hesitate to wear one if it met my needs.

Well, there are people who work in the fashion industry that would disagree with you. I don't find them attractive, personally, but definitely practical in certain circumstances. And I wouldn't hesitate to wear one if it met my needs.

There is barely anything in "the fashion industry" that should be worn by people in real life ever. So, not a good example.

I haven't in years but I did in Disneyland Paris and will again in the future. They are back in style and I forgot how handy they are!

kourtney-kardashian.jpg

f9baf2eddc113e4908766651744298ed.jpg

I currently carry a Baggalini Cross Body bag but have been known to sport a leather "waist pack" in the parks. They are handy but I have trouble fitting my glasses case now. I have to switch between my glasses and prescription sunglasses frequently. I also carry my phone, camera, first aid stuff, a couple of $ store ponchos etc.

My standard park look consists of a pony tail, Mickey Mouse ball cap, old lady capris pants, a t-shirt emblazoned with cartoon characters and a pair of little boy's Keens. Somehow I don't think the absence of a fanny pack is going to suddenly cause strangers to stop and stare in awe, stunned by my eclat and sophisticated sense of personal style.

Does anyone really care what perfect strangers wear at Disney World? I'm always far too busy looking at, well, Disney World to pay much attention to my fellow guests. Someone would probably have to be sporting a g-string and pasties to catch my eye.

My standard park look consists of a pony tail, Mickey Mouse ball cap, old lady capris pants, a t-shirt emblazoned with cartoon characters and a pair of little boy's Keens. Somehow I don't think the absence of a fanny pack is going to suddenly cause strangers to stop and stare in awe, stunned by my eclat and sophisticated sense of personal style.

Does anyone really care what perfect strangers wear at Disney World? I'm always far too busy looking at, well, Disney World to pay much attention to my fellow guests. Someone would probably have to be sporting a g-string and pasties to catch my eye.

I don't like fanny packs. Won't wear one. I also don't expect strangers stop and stare in awe at my awesome style. :)

And I'll agree, I don't care what anyone wears, but women are catty sometimes! I know, I am one. ;) I've seen people comment on how other women dress, but the opposite way. A lady dressed a touch fancier than most guests in the park and people comment that she looks "ridiculous" or "why would you wear that to a park?"

Everybody should just myob. :)

I voted no since they went out of style Since I had kids.

But if they came back I wouldn't hesitate, granted I am not one that keeps up with all the fashion do's and don'ts!

I used to have a MICKEY one and it held my park map and not sure what else. There were no cell phones back then. Maybe my camera and film!! It was small.

Then DH (then boyfriend) and I were in BJs (the 1990s) and I saw one that would easily hold my video camera and it had 2 spots to hold water bottles. It was great. I finally threw that away About 5-10 years ago.

Currently I have a baggalini, my DH used my very thin/lightweight back pack, my 2 dad use a baggalini and my son a cinch sac. It's really just to hold Water. I wish water wasn't so expensive because I wouldn't carry a bag at all!

I do not because eek. My fiance usually wears a drawstring back pack that I throw my wallet and makeup in. Our most recent trip we went with my best friend and she bought a fanny pack. We made fun of her relentlessly but she stood by it :P Is it old fashioned and out of date? Yes. But you aren't going to a theme park where there is a lot of walking and its better to be comfortable then to look cute. Also, when we were there we saw lots of people with fanny packs.

It's sad that we live in a time where you feel like you can't wear something just because someone else might judge you for it (even the replies on here prove that). We all have different tastes, which is a good thing or we all would be sheep. If you want to wear a fanny pack then you god damn wear one!

I have used one, but haven't in a few years. I do have several though... and I'm not opposed to bringing it back :)

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around fanny packs as an issue. I've been rocking the fanny pack since 1989 and the only time I ever think about it is when a thread pops up here. As long as I'm not tripping over or getting banged in the head by whatever it is I truly, truly, in the most unsnarky of ways don't care what anyone wears in the parks.

Does anyone over 15 or 16 really pay Disney prices and then spend the day on the lookout for fashion faux pas? If so y'all seriously need to go when I'm there. Not to brag or anything but my parks look is usually outstanding in the crimes of fashion department.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter