Does your grocery store have shopping carts that are pick up trucks?

Kermit

New Mama to Baby Jacob!
The Publix where I shop has the cutest new grocery carts for people with kids. The cart sits in the bed of a plastic pick up truck, and then there's a cab big enough for 2 kids in front of it, complete with 2 steering wheels. It's so cute to watch kids in them. They steer the whole time like they're controlling where they go. :D It's also a great way to keep kids from running all over the aisles. I'm sure the novelty will wear off in a few weeks, but for now, the grocery store is a much more peaceful location.

I've seen them at Publix here too. The kids love them, and I think they are so cute! :)

LOL! I was imagining an actual pick up truck. LOL!

Yeah, Bi-Lo has them, Walmart and Kmart do too.:) I hate those things. It's like driving a semi truck through the lanes. I need a horn and mirror and a license to drive those things.;)

We have some like that at Stop and Shop.. very cute. :D

originally posted by Browneyes

I need a horn and mirror and a license to drive those things

LOL!!

Our Publix doesn't have them yet. *breathes sigh of relief*

I've seen them in HEB and Albertsons here in Texas, and at Safeway in Arizona. My DD LOVES THEM! It made shopping way easier, no "I wants" as we were going through the store, and we got finished a bunch quicker.

I will actually drive to the publix that is a little further from our house to get the truck carts. They are much easier to manage than the ones with the child seat attached to the back of the cart.

As long as we can grab one of the 'truck buggies' as my DD (2 1/2) calls them, shopping has become much more peaceful.

Cute for the under 4 set... with my kids older, there really isn't much for them to do!

Our Dominicks (a division of Safeway) has them and they are GREAT! My Dd, 2, loves them. She climbs in, I give her a bagel stick from the bakery and off we go! We zip through, she is occupied and because she is so low to the ground, she really can't see much to ask for! :) We have been using them for months and the novelty hasn't worn off yet.

we love them but our 5 year only lasts about half way through. Whats hard is to watch the kids that aren't in them.:(

I work at the stop and shop near my house, and we have a TON of them! Its kind of annoying being a cashier with them, beacuse by that time all the kids are crying and they climbout the windows and stuff :rolleyes: but hey! it helps during the shopping and all the moms seem at least a little more collected by the time they come to me :p

They have them at a grocery store here called Farmer Jack. I was just pushing DS around in one this afternoon. It keeps him contained in the market so as far as I'm concerned they are a great thing!

Now I, for one, have HAD IT with the front and back buggies (as my 4 year old calls them), but I've yet to see them here at the grocery stores in San Antonio.

Goodness knows. if I didn't have to push that 3 mile long cart in the store with my kids strung up by the neck, I would be SO happy...

We have them at the store where I work, they are cute, but can be dangerous too. I have written up many accident reports on kids who got hurt in them. It seems they like to stick their heads out of the windows on the side, mom doesn't realize it and *bang* their head hits the shelf or a freezer. We haven't had any serious injuries, but moms & dads beware, make sure your child's head stays inside the car!

Jack loves these! He pretty much stays put in them but usually has to fill up his tank around seafood and then again at paper products.....:rolleyes:

We have them at Giant here. My son is so well behaved in the grocery story now!! He loves driving the cart around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter