DVC vacations are what percentage of your vacations?

We've only owned DVC for two years, and during that time we have been to WDW once (non-parks trip) and Aulani once. We've also been on an Alaskan cruise, to Texas (to visit family), and to Washington DC/Williamsburg/Asheville NC. We also spent half of our Hawaii time in a vacation home on Kauai. So I'd say so far, it's about 1/4-1/3 of our travel. We need to cut back on vacations a bit the next couple of years, so I'd say DVC will likely be 1/3-1/2 of our vacations the next few years. We love Disney, but we also want to show our kids other parts of the US and world.

I would say 80% of our vacations are DVC/Disney with the remaining being visiting family, some cruises, and travel baseball. Although sometimes it's hard to consider the baseball trips as vacations.

Wow, what a great question. :thumbsup2 I would say that about 2/3 of our vacations are DVC and the other 1/3 are non Disney vacations. But we have at times, skipped DVC for a year or more to take multiple non DVC vacations. Then the following year we might visit the Mouse House 3 times. These are the years that we have an AP. Also,I do find that vacationing during Food & Wine is starting to become a constant for us. We now just assume and plan that we are going. There is no longer a decision to be made. We'll see how long that lasts.

At first when the kids were young DVC exclusively, multiple trips per year.

As they became older and our travels were more restricted due to school requirements it beacame blended, a trip to Spain, Hawaii, etc. over a school break but still 2 weeks at WDW in the summer.

Now with DS out of the house and working he never joins us, and DD is at University so tuition has curbed most travel for us...DVC paid for with just dues makes a vacation very affordable still for us and getting away for two weeks in the summer is a wonderful way for us to reconnect. Since DD is going to school in Florida we also get to visit her in the late fall and drive her away from campus in Ft. Lauderdale to WDW for a few days break.

We've owned DVC since 2008. All of our vacations have been DVC at WDW, with visits to HHI & VBR. We made one other trip to the beach, and the rest of them have been staycations.

We would probably take more to WDW but its expensive and we don't have that many points, and no way are we adding on. Plus we have been going every year since the 80s, so at times yes we are just tired of it.

We like to take other trips to favorite locations such as the mountains, gulf of fl beach or HHI, Charleston, Savannah, New Orleans etc.

I guess I should add that we live a mile from the gulf of mexico. this kind of eliminates any beach vacation needs.

We're likely about 20-25% WDW and 75-80% otherwise overall. We tend to have busier WDW years and lighter ones and occasionally skip a year (which we are doing this year). Orlando (about half and half DVC and other) and HH (Marriott's) are the main things we do consistently at least EOY other than the FL Panhandle here and there mostly for weekends to long weekends. For other trips we try to do things every few years and sprinkle in new trips. We're usually about every 2-3 years for Aruba lately, every 4-5 yrs for HI and 4-5 yrs for Gatlinburg.

Probably 3/4 in the last 7 years. It's just easier with our kids ages. We have done other places that are family friendly (San Diego, Williamsburg and we camp here in Ontario). We have lots of other places on our bucket list but we're looking at our youngest being 5 or 6 before we start on those (Europe)

We are very fortunate and travel about 6-8 weeks per year to a great variety of places. In 2014 it will be about 7-8 weeks altogether. Of those, 10 nights will be at WDW (over 2 different trips) and 6 nights at Aulani. So 16 DVC nights out of about 50 or so. So about 32% give or take for this year.

About 1/3 of our travel this past year was at WDW. Spring break we had 2 nights at Universal and 3 nights at AKV. This summer we spent a week in Baltimore for one of my son's lacrosse tournaments - not entirely vacation-like, but after the tournament we stayed a few nights at the Inner Harbor and had fun sightseeing in that area. Over Thanksgiving we spent 6 nights at WDW - 4 at BWV on points and 2 cash at AoA. We just got home from a week in a rental home on Anna Maria Island, FL. I think we are taking this year off from Disney other than a Disney cruise over spring break (cash, not points).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Probably about a third of our vacation time is on DVC property, but that's still around 20 days or so. Coming from the UK, we tend to visit for 2 weeks at a time but visit somewhere else in the US too - last year it was Savannah and Hilton Head (wanted ocean view so not DVC).

We also managed 2 trips to Italy, a trip to Germany, a trip to the Spanish island of Majorca and a river cruise along the Danube (Budapest to Nuremberg). Needless to say I'm retired and DH semi-retired :thumbsup2

About 1/2 of our WDW stays are on points, been doing more Deluxe and with bigger/older groups going, as well as longer stays-our points go quickly.

Living on the lake has greatly reduced our desire to travel as much, have done the France/Australia/Mexico things and we do plan some here and there. The WDW winter/spring visits just keep getting better though.

We're owned DVC since 2008 and all of our vacations have been through DVC. It was our agreement that we take at least one vacation a year. Most of our time has been spent on DCL with a few days at SSR or AKV prior to the cruise. Spent one week at Aulani and had a fantastic time. GC at DL was beautiful and impressive before the EBPC cruise.

Typically DVC at WDW counts for 60% of our vacations, 2 trips to WDW, each a week or more, 2 5-6 night trips to Delaware beaches and every 3 years or so we get to Hawaii for 12-16 nights, NOT at DVC, we tend to do a split between Maui and the Big Island.

Currently we plan on around 60% Disney/DVC related (could be WDW / DLR / Aulani / Disney cruises / HHI / VB), and the remaining 40% will be spent visiting family and other destinations (likely more within the US when the kids are younger and internationally when they're a little older, maybe 5 or 6). It might skew higher in the next few years since we'll have a bunch of points to use after not traveling for a while before and after I have baby #2, plus in our experience WDW is just an easy place to go with young kids (the hardest part is the flight across the country!).

At this point about 1/4th of our vacations and I have a feeling it will stay like that for years to come.

25% We do DVC/WDW for a week a year and a few quick short weekend or single days (we live in Florida).

25% We spend a long weekend at the Ritz-Carlton on Amelia Island for our anniversary every year. That trip is about as opposite as you can get from the rush and crowds of WDW.

25% We do a domestic trip usually in the Summer/Spring (we just got back from CA two weeks ago) but sometimes they include a cruise such as next year when we do Alaska.

25% We are starting to do ABD internationally love the guides and not having to handle a thing with VIP experiences plus my wife is hooked so yeah lol...

Half of our vacations are DVC. We try and take one non-Disney vacation every other year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter