EBPC December 9, 2012!!! PART 2

I have running logs for the "marathon" on the ship. Where do I send them for a certificate of completion?

Well, we're home! No major events, so that's nice. The kiddos really needed to sleep in their own beds/rooms (and I guess Mommy & Daddy did, too). I will summarize our cruise as "too much food, too little sleep". But, still, a great time.

DS was a bit overstimulated and I think he has mixed feelings about our vacation. Then again, being 3 years old means having mixed feelings about everything.

Baby Adelyn had the best time of all, loving the attention from staff, the nursery, and trying new foods.

I can't wait to look at the photos and video and remember some of the details that are now just a blur after the rush to pack and get off the ship and fly home.

Thank you to everyone for the nice FE gifts! We all have things to enjoy and many things were useful on the cruise.

I am still amazed at how wonderful all of the CMs were, on all parts of the ship. I wrote several detailed letters to various department managers commending some of the CMs on a job well done. I hope others had time to do the same (or can do now that we are home).

The best part....the beauty of the ship and the amazing food that I didn't have to do a thing to prepare. And the Canal!

Thumbs down to Vista Spa. Wow. I've been to many different spas all over the country both "day" and "stay" and I am shocked at the lack of pampering in that place. Awful. In Palo, you can barely eat because they are trying so hard to pamper you. The spa is supposed to be the pamper destination, yet my spa visit felt more like a medical appointment. DCL will get a letter. I know they don't run it, but they need to take responsibility for it.

We booked our dummy date and I already warned our TA it will be 2015 before we cruise again. We need the baby girl to be potty trained and able to attend the Club before we sail again. It will also be nice to be done with baby food, diapers, etc. On this cruise, we were always dividing up so one parent could be in the room for her nap, and with the kids in different pools, it took two of us to watch them. The nursery was great and I would use it again, we just want to be able to have more family time and more adult time.

Let's see what DCL comes up with for 2015!

In the mean time, I am planning our DLR vacation for DS's 5th birthday in 2014. I guess I will move over to that section of the DIS boards, but still hang around here to keep apprised of all things cruise!

Now that I've de-toxed a bit more from the trip I want to thank, again, So Cal Crew and Coke Zero for being excellent cruise partners. We so enjoyed both families at dinner and at events that without them being there our cruise would have been a whole lot less interesting.

We did the Cartegena Old Town Walking Tour. Boy was it hot that day. And the use of air conditioning anywhere other than the bus that dropped us off and picked us up was sparse to say the least. But a very interesting tour nonetheless of the history of the city.

We also visited the Ruins in Costa Maya. It was very nice to be able to climb all over the stone items. The weather was warm, not hot, with a slight breeze blowing constantly. We added a stop at the local "boardwalk" area (2$/person via taxi - get the taxi outside the port gates) and ate at the Tropicante on the beach. We did get rained on a few times but it didn't dampen our fun. Food and prices were excellent (cash only). We could see the ship in the distance. Very pretty.

All in all a very comfortable cruise that I would recommend to anyone.

bugsgrandma said:
Had a wonderful cruise. Met a lot of really nice disboarders. Even though we didn't do the FE, we received some very nice gifts. Thanks to everyone who contributed. It was very thoughtful and appreciated. Hope everyone makes it home safely and enjoy the holidays. :santa:

You were great tablemates! We're still in Florida, but after nine hours in the train have finally arrived at Jacksonville, an hour behind schedule.

We can't wait to see the two of you again!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Wanted to let everyone know how thankful we are to have been able to join you on this Wonder-ful trip. Special thanks to Jeff for getting us in on the FE action, although we were a bit late in signing up. If anyone knows where we need to send the log sheets for the marathon, please let me know. We made many new friends. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and look forward to cruising with you again. Looks like we will be cruising with the Tuckers on the Fantasy during Thanksgiving. May not be able to wait that long though. I hear the sea calling me, or maybe it's just the good food and the great service. Speaking of which, did anyone else gain 15 pounds? Already lost 10 by drinking distilled water. Just a tip for any of you who's rings and clothes are fitting a little tight today.

Hmmm :scratchin. Mickey forgot to wake me up this morning, and room service never brought breakfast :confused3. I guess I'll just have to get used to that :sad:. And, if someone could make my world stop swaying (although it's less noticeable than yesterday), I would be grateful ;).

Seriously, this was a fabulous trip. We loved our servers and tablemates (what a fun group!), and the ports were so much more interesting than I had anticipated. Hard to believe, a week ago, we were in Cartagena.

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU!!! for all the wonderful FE gifts we received. What fun we had being surprised every day.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL, FROM OUR LITTLE CORNER OF THE WORLD TO YOURS!!! :santa::santa::santa::santa:

PirateJohn said:
Wanted to let everyone know how thankful we are to have been able to join you on this Wonder-ful trip. Special thanks to Jeff for getting us in on the FE action, although we were a bit late in signing up. If anyone knows where we need to send the log sheets for the marathon, please let me know. We made many new friends. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and look forward to cruising with you again. Looks like we will be cruising with the Tuckers on the Fantasy during Thanksgiving. May not be able to wait that long though. I hear the sea calling me, or maybe it's just the good food and the great service. Speaking of which, did anyone else gain 15 pounds? Already lost 10 by drinking distilled water. Just a tip for any of you who's rings and clothes are fitting a little tight today.

Yay! We'll see you at Thanksgiving! I gained 6 but have been drinking my distiller water. Merry Christmas!

Great trip! Thanks to everyone who added to the fun. We so appreciate our wonderful tablemates (Arga) Arlene, Gary, and Sid. We appreciate Jeff and Susan for all they did to keep us organized. We loved all the ports and events. Smooth drive home from Miami, but going directly to Costco to buy Christmas party food was probably not the easiest adjustment back to the real world! And going back to work on Christmas Eve morning was an abrupt change from the "Wonder-ful" life. :surfweb:

Happy Holidays everyone!
Liz

Speaking of which, did anyone else gain 15 pounds? Already lost 10 by drinking distilled water. Just a tip for any of you who's rings and clothes are fitting a little tight today.

Ok John, tell us more about Distilled water. Just drink it instead of tap? Or no food on top of that? My inaccurate weigh-in on Tuesday had me up 5lbs, so I think I only gained 3-4lbs. Pretty proud of myself; all those stairs, plus hauling all our luggage through 2 airports Monday helped.

Nothing is unpacked yet, I am back to work for the next 7 nights, and no fresh food yet in the house, so we have a long week ahead of us.
Met so many great new friends on this trip, DH is amazed at the community we have here (I may even get him to join:))

Made it home after spending the night in Miami so Hubby could go to the Dolphins game. They won! Still unpacking and dealing with laundry but I'm taking breaks and planning our next cruise to the Med (hopefully).
I'm still in awe of the all the yummy, useful, fun and creative gifts on the FE exchange. A big thank you to everyone who made the trip memorable and special, FE, name tags, cabin crawl, website....

Came home to a small surprise, DH flipped the electricity off but forgot to leave the one on for the fridge and freezer. EVERYTHING was spoiled and smelled like a dead seal, literally! We've tried baking soda and water, coffee grounds, bleach and vinegar. There's still a slight smell so I'm holding my breath everytime I open the fridge! :confused3

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

. . .

Came home to a small surprise, DH flipped the electricity off but forgot to leave the one on for the fridge and freezer. EVERYTHING was spoiled and smelled like a dead seal, literally! We've tried baking soda and water, coffee grounds, bleach and vinegar. There's still a slight smell so I'm holding my breath everytime I open the fridge! :confused3

Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

Ho boy. THAT was an expensive surprise!:eek:

You know what I miss MOST about not being on the ship any more? Not the dod, the service, the food. YOU. Not running into YOU guys. not sharing meals, meets, memories with YOU. :sad2:

Made it home after spending the night in Miami so Hubby could go to the Dolphins game. They won! Still unpacking and dealing with laundry but I'm taking breaks and planning our next cruise to the Med (hopefully).

We went to the Dolphins game too as I've been a fan forever and it was my first time attending a home game. LOVED the experience! We're also doing the Med next year - June 15 Greece if our friends don't cancel. Which itinerary will you be on?

I love that our cruise meet is still at the top. makes sense since we all rocked! It is very weird not to run into all of you while walking around. Other than the first morning rocking hasn't been an issue, but no one making my bed is!

I started my trip report yesterday if you are interested...I'd love to have you guys all participate!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3036374

Hope everyone is returning to normal and enjoyed Christmas.

DZ

Yay! We'll see you at Thanksgiving! I gained 6 but have been drinking my distiller water. Merry Christmas!

I'd like to know this too...what does distilled water do that regular water doesn't?

DZ

Got home to see that our Internet service had gone out. We were too tired to deal with it, and slept most of the day and until 11 AM today! After an hour on the phone with Comcast we got everything fixed.

I haven't gotten working on a trip report yet, but I have started uploading my pictures. Here's a link to the 430 +/- pictures Jim and I took on our Panama Canal day. They are uncaptioned, unedited and unsorted, but most if them are good. There may be a video or two in there, but I can't remember if I got those uploaded before we left Miami!

We had an incredible trip, and pictures and report will be coming as soon as I can get myself organized.

Beth

BethC1952 said:
Got home to see that our Internet service had gone out. We were too tired to deal with it, and slept most of the day and until 11 AM today! After an hour on the phone with Comcast we got everything fixed.

I haven't gotten working on a trip report yet, but I have started uploading my pictures. Here's a link to the 430 +/- pictures Jim and I took on our Panama Canal day. They are uncaptioned, unedited and unsorted, but most if them are good. There may be a video or two in there, but I can't remember if I got those uploaded before we left Miami!

https://picasaweb.google.com/113279...authkey=Gv1sRgCNjhwqLFvPzIjwE&feat=directlink

We had an incredible trip, and pictures and report will be coming as soon as I can get myself organized.

Beth

Gerry..I tried to edit my post on my Ipad but it didn't work out the way I wanted! The link is in the quoted part of my previous post. When I get to my laptop later I'll try to fix it LOL!!!

We arrived home today after spending Christmas with my cousin in Orlando. Just a few days ago, I couldnt remember what day of the week it was! LOL We had a wonderful trip and I just want to Thank everyone who dropped a little fish gift off for us. Love all the little memories floating around our house and luggage! (as usual, suitcases exploded when we got home!)

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Cynthia

My first travel blog

Loved meeting everyone either on the track (deck 4), in the halls, at the spa, at the DVC meetups, at mealtimes, or on the excursions.

Thanks for allowing us latecomers to participate in the FE. We enjoyed giving the Christmas tree/train sets as well as receiving all of the lovely thoughtful gifts.

Kudos to Jeff and Susan Spencer for the dynamic information on the website, nametags, and the stateroom crawl organization! What a lovely couple you are.

We could definitely take this cruise again. We're booked for the Med in August and on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving.

I started a travel blog during our cruise called www.nrgtucker.wordpress.comJourney Buffet. It was fun doing it and helps me to remember what happened. :-)

Hope to see ya real soon! Happy New Year!

Natalie & Melvin

We came home to a huge weather change. It snowed 9 inches in about 6 hours here in central Indiana. 12 inches an hour south of us. We skipped the 4 hour drive to my inlaws. I didn't want to be stuck down there all week. We unpacked, but stuff is still all over the house. We are catching up on our DVR and trying to stay warm. Our two doggies were super happy to see us. Our puppy will not let me out of his sight.
I do miss not having to cook. Plus we don't actually have any fresh food since we were gone, the holiday, and now it's a blizzard emergency outside.
I want to call room service and order a cheese plate and a mickey bar. Instead we have been eating the candy and goodies we got from the FE. The cheesy snacks were awesome.

So glad to have met so many of you. Thanks for all the awesome FE gifts. Everything was really cool. I didn't have to buy a single souvenir since we had so many cool magnets and ornaments and other things.

We love our tour in Columbia. Costa Maya was our favorite stop. Tropicanate was awesome. We want to do the transatlantic and Med cruise in a few years. Unless there is a great deal we have to save up. I did look up Travel with Allen so maybe we will see a good deal.

Thanks again everyone for all the hard work to make this cruise AMAZING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter