Fantasmic Dinner Package Changes

If Disney is going back to the old Fantasmic dinner can I book a PS now (for4/29) or do I have to wait to within 7 days? Does anyone know? :confused:

I think you will be able to make your PS for your meal, but will have to wait until 7 days before to convert to FDP. The CM I spoke to said she didn't have any information regarding being able to convert later.

Don't forget to ask when you make the PS. Maybe they will have more information by the time the window opens for your date. They may not be releasing any info until after 2/28 when the current trial extension is over.

I just called 1-407-WDW-DINE, and talked to Jason. Tried to get a PS for March 13th for Fantasmic Dinner package. He told me that the call in advance was a short term experiment, and it is now First Come, First Served !!!!!!!! So, I have no PS, can't get one !!!!

I don't mind things changing, but to change it week by week is frustrating !!!!!

DVCDAVE, I agree it is very frustrating!! No when you say you were told it's now a first come first served thing, does that mean there is no longer any Famtasmic dinner deal ? Not even the original one when you could book the dinner package after you arrived? :(

Sounds like you should go ahead and make your PS for one of the formerly qualifying restaurants and check again after 2/28. Unless they have completely canceled the program, you should still be able to convert 7 days out.

For us fairly new to the boards, what were the original restaurants that you dine at and qualify for Fantasmic seating?

Hollywood and Vine (buffet)
Moma Melrose's (sit down Itlaian)
The Hollywood Brown Derby (sit down, elegant and expensive but worth it IMHO)

Thanks Minnie's Mate. I think I will go ahead and make a PS and see what happens later. It seems many people have done that and it worked out fine. :D

Hollie in NH-I've done just that this year. Made a dinner
PS for one of these three restaurants and will see what happens.

I did the same thing 2 years ago and had no problem switching
it to a Fantasmic Pkg when we checked in.

Unless things have changed I just wanted to warn everyone that during more busy times you should get there before 30 minutes ahead of time. Last June we did the Fantasmic Package and arrived 30 minutes ahead of time and there was no space left at all for people who had done the package. We were not the only ones and several guest were very very angry. The poor CM suggested that this happened regularly. He said that the last people that had got in were in the standing room only section. They wound up giving everybody their money back for the dinner that didn't get in. Of course we would have rather seen Fantasmic. :(

I don't mind getting there a little earlier-the pre-show show
isn't bad for a time filler.

If you do the package how early do they let you in to sit down? My mother will be with us and she has had both of her hips replaced over the past several years. We'll be coming from the hotel to dinner then fantasmic so I wasn't planning on a wheelchair for her. After reading the previous post I''m afraid to come later and not be able to get in. I'd rather go an hour ahead and have her be sitting in her seat until the show starts.

You may want to get a wheelchair for her anyway. If I recall
correctly-it's quite a hike from Oscars to the theater-quite winding
and leaving is even worse with the crowds.

According to wdwig.com Fantasmic dinner package is to end.

"Joseph Pini writes (2/03): I was told today, by the people at Walt Disney Dining, that the Fantasmic dinner show package will end on February 28. "

Does anyone know if that just the advanced reservation part or the complete Fantasmic reserved seating for dinners?

Unfortunately we will be at MGM on March 11, and I was hoping that I could get reserve seating.

Dad of 3

We'll be at Boardwalk March 11th to 22nd. Called to get reserved seating for Fantasmic Dinner package, and was told by the CM, it is ending, and will NOT be offerred after February 28th. HE said it will be first come first served. I assume he ment seating at Fantasmic, as he offerred to make the dinner ressie for us, minus the Fantasmic part.

We did it last May. Ate at Mama Melrose's, and could pick anything we wanted. The kids just had noodles with butter, as they are uber-picky. Food was good, and worth the price at that time. The show was awesome. Don't like the limited menu choices. I did like the preferred seating. yes, the seat were no more special than any other, but we didn't have to wait in line for nearly 2 hours like the people who sat behind us. I'm guessing this was so popular, that they have to continue to make it more and more restrictive to stop the mad rush.

Although we would like it better the old way-I'm guessing the demand is high enough for "Special treament" that it is here to stay!

We did it last May. Ate at Mama Melrose's, and could pick anything we wanted. The kids just had noodles with butter, as they are uber-picky. Food was good, and worth the price at that time. The show was awesome. Don't like the limited menu choices. I did like the preferred seating. yes, the seat were no more special than any other, but we didn't have to wait in line for nearly 2 hours like the people who sat behind us. I'm guessing this was so popular, that they have to continue to make it more and more restrictive to stop the mad rush.

I'm guessing that since I hear it is gone now, that it will come back with even more restrictions during the high season!

For those new to this thread, the package referred to by this thread's initiator was begun in September 2002. We "did" the package in late September at Momma Melrose's when it was supposed to be a test that ran through mid-December. This was extended several times to include the holidays and January and finally through the end of February. We did the package again in December at HBD. This package required you to basically pay for a three course meal for each adult and a separate child's meal for each child.

I personally don't like this because it requires me and my wife to purchase way more food than we are accustomed to eating or comfortably consuming. I think we will see something more like the original dinner package starting in March or after Easter. I definitely liked the old system where you just had to order one entree per adult and children could split a meal. I have sat in all three sections of the amphitheatre and I don't think the end sections are any less desirable than the center section. So for us, the old system was a good one.

We normally go during the peak times of the year. My wife is a teacher and we are limited to Christmas and Spring breaks. Typically, Disney has suspended any form of the dinner package during these weeks since around 2001. I guess they felt that there was too much demand for this system to keep up with during these peak weeks. I'm thinking whatever variation of the dinner package that is put into place will not be available during the peak weeks. I think it will be great if they do offer it then.

:D Amen to that! The original concept was far better!;)

I 2nd that motion (or 3rd as the case may be).

I liked the "old way" far better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter