First world rants

I bought a TV at Best Buy the week before Thanksgiving. That weekend it went on sale for $200 off. I asked if Best Buy can just give me a price adjustment. They said no, their policy requires me to return the TV and buy it again at the sale price. So now we will make 2 trips (want to be sure the new one has no problems) and then BestBuy will have to resell the first TV as an open box item, discounted off the new sale price and not off of what we paid originally. How stupid is that!

Buy the TV at cheaper price, use you original receipt of the first tv to get refund on that as you know the first tv works. No 2nd trip needed.

Buy the TV at cheaper price, use you original receipt of the first tv to get refund on that as you know the first tv works. No 2nd trip needed.

When I worked at Macy's we processed price adjustments as an exchange (return, then re-purchase), but we didn't require you to have the item with you or purchase a new one. That makes much more sense.

Well I got screwed. The complaint about the target gift card and now my gift card did not process properly. So now I have to call and find out what happened. #karma

I had an eye appointment on the 22nd. Anticipated time to get new glasses (no new prescription but these existing glasses are scratched up and out of warranty for the frames) was 2 weeks so roughly last Friday. I called today to see the progress, giving them a bit of extra time due to Thanksgiving, and the gentleman on the phone says "oh ya know I think we may have tried to call this number as your glasses are ready for you to come in"..it was an old landline number that has been disconnected for years 🤦‍♀️

1) I want to know why when asked several years ago about the number it wasn't actually deleted from my account given that they told me they did that. The guy on the phone assured me he just deleted it..again.

2) I haven't been contacted by that number for years. All correspondence has been on my cell phone..like the "it's time for your yearly exam, confirmation of appointment, will you take this survey, etc" for several years so I have no idea why someone would call that landline phone.

3) Why didn't they try the other phone number (that was actually the only working phone) to call me...like they've been doing for the last several years?

4) I had to refile a HIPAA form with them per their request (I've been going there for 25yrs)..where get this I put my contact information on it. What was the point of filling out the form for updated information if you're not going to look at it.

Normally I have stellar service at this place but somebody dropped the ball this time.

Time to find a new optometrist!
lol yeah.

There's multiple locations and I'm actually going to a location farther away than another one closer to me I've just been going to that location for IDK 15yrs now? It may be time to shift everything to the one closer to me but I really like the eye doctor at the location I've been going to. The front-line employees may be a bit lacking in training these days (and obviously the old phone number never got deleted by a prior employee).

My turn. I am sick again! I was just sick for thanksgiving week & now I have a other cold. Both times were from DS. He’s sick too which makes being sick suck more 😔.

I've worked in retail my entire adult/working life. Started as a bagger in a grocery store, held several other jobs through the years, and now I work full time as a retail pharmacy technician. I can't stand people that come to the counter while having a cell phone conversation. I either ignore them, or if they make eye contact with me/ask me for help, I tell them that I must wait for them to terminate their phone call, as it is a HIPAA violation for me to wait on them while they're on the phone. Regardless of pharmacy or not, that's really rude. I've also never understood people that take/make cell phone calls in public restrooms.

Very unique. I don't know how many times I've read or heard it, just in the last couple of weeks (admittedly, with so much Christmas programming, I've been watching a lot of HGTV).

Unique = one of a kind. It's impossible for anything to be "very unique".

I've worked in retail my entire adult/working life. Started as a bagger in a grocery store, held several other jobs through the years, and now I work full time as a retail pharmacy technician. I can't stand people that come to the counter while having a cell phone conversation. I either ignore them, or if they make eye contact with me/ask me for help, I tell them that I must wait for them to terminate their phone call, as it is a HIPAA violation for me to wait on them while they're on the phone. Regardless of pharmacy or not, that's really rude. I've also never understood people that take/make cell phone calls in public restrooms.

Ohhh, I couldn’t agree with this more!! If I’m ever talking on the phone while shopping (which is rare, because I hate talking on the phone period) I always say, “I’m almost at the register. I have to go.” And then HANG UP. It’s so rude when people do that!
I was in the bathroom at Target once, and there was one other person in the stall next to me. All of the sudden she said, “Hello?”
so I said, “Yes?” Thinking she needed a square to spare or something. She then rudely said, “I’m not talking to you!” and went in to have a very loud phone conversation. How in the world was I supposed to know that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter