For those sailing in 2021...how are you feeling?

We are considering booking the same cruise! But I feel your pain. While I would love to be optimistic or even able to roll with the punches, I know if my bubble gets burst, it will not be easy for me. First world problems, I know but it's true. Right now, I think we will hold off.

Yea we're booked on the 10 night northern European. It's my dream cruise but I can't allow myself to be excited right now. We'll just have to see what happens.

We’re booked on an August 2021 Alaskan cruise. At this point, we’re debating when to go ahead and cancel.

Our DLP trip this summer is canceled, so thinking we’ll shift everything a year - DLP in 2021 and then consider a cruise in 2022. Means we lose our placeholder that we bought last summer when we cruised to Norway and Iceland, but oh well!

Last edited:
Yea we're booked on the 10 night northern European. It's my dream cruise but I can't allow myself to be excited right now. We'll just have to see what happens.
We are on the same cruise, booked it opening day. My husband esp will be extremely disappointed if it doesn't happen (this was one he really, REALLY WANTS to do lol). I figure once they release the summer 2022 dates I'll put a deposit down on the same cruise (assuming they offer it or similar) on the off chance the 2021 does not sail. The prices for our 2021 cruise have already shot up with people moving from 2020!

when we booked in April a March 2021 Baja cruise as a replacement trip for our cancelled Wonder Hawaii, I was optimistic as that trip seemed so far away.. I am glad we took the cash refund and used our place holder fo that. The cruise credit for us was not worth it as the hawaiian cruise was much more.

Like I said when we booked it March 2021 seemed so far away where we were like things have to somewhat be figured out by then... Now we are not so sure.. Especially as we are coming in from Europe and plan to fly to Hawaii after that short cruise.

We had our March cruise cancelled, rebooked to March 21. Not feeling too confident, so many issues, travel advisorys, quarantine, medical insurance.

We have two booked for 2021 - one in March (MDAS) and one in August (Alaska). We booked Alaska thinking we probably wouldn’t do it, but just to hold a space... and now we are thinking that March is probably not happening. If cruises are running, it is unlikely that we will want to fly in and then go on a cruise with significant restrictions.

So... we shall see.

PIF for November 2020. I was in the camp of If it’s sailing, I’m sailing. Now - I don’t believe anything is sailing this year.

Booked Norway, September 2021. If I get 125% credit, it will help defray the cost of a more expensive cruise - and the price was decent for Disney Norway. This was booked as next year’s vacation, not a replacement for 2020.

Now, I wish I hadn’t paid with Disney Gift Cards. I would just punt it all and visit Yellowstone or the Big 5 parks in Utah.

(And I have a reservation on Celebrity for Alaska, August 2021). Not even sure that will happen; I figure if the ships aren’t sailing at the beginning of next year’s AK season, they won’t go all year.

I rescheduled for May of 2021. I'm starting to think whether I should change it to October of this year only so that it's cancelled and I can reschedule for further out.

PIF for November 2020. I was in the camp of If it’s sailing, I’m sailing. Now - I don’t believe anything is sailing this year.

Booked Norway, September 2021. If I get 125% credit, it will help defray the cost of a more expensive cruise - and the price was decent for Disney Norway. This was booked as next year’s vacation, not a replacement for 2020.

Now, I wish I hadn’t paid with Disney Gift Cards. I would just punt it all and visit Yellowstone or the Big 5 parks in Utah.

(And I have a reservation on Celebrity for Alaska, August 2021). Not even sure that will happen; I figure if the ships aren’t sailing at the beginning of next year’s AK season, they won’t go all year.
You can sell your gift cards and recoup over 90% of your money. I could buy some from you I think. I get mine at Sams club where the discount is weak unless you get the $50 ones.

You can sell your gift cards and recoup over 90% of your money. I could buy some from you I think. I get mine at Sams club where the discount is weak unless you get the $50 ones.

The $75 pack (3 $25 cards) is discounted 4%. Now I'll need to check the $50 cards for discount amount.

Here I am looking at future gift card purchases; I don't know if I'll ever get out of Disney cruising. It's an easy way for us to travel, as no one has to be "in charge" of driving, directions, where to eat...

The $75 pack (3 $25 cards) is discounted 4%. Now I'll need to check the $50 cards for discount amount.

Here I am looking at future gift card purchases; I don't know if I'll ever get out of Disney cruising. It's an easy way for us to travel, as no one has to be "in charge" of driving, directions, where to eat...
So I priced it out and I’ll show you below.

I continue to purchase cards to make me feel like my trips are still close enough It’s the only way I’m going to get through this year. I read here to refresh my memory and get tips on new islands/ports. But that has all dried up. Was a time when I knew I’d be reading 4 pages a night or more if I missed a day.

If I looked at the Sams club card breakdown I needed to compare Apples to apples.
So I took each value, actually cost, and my last column was how much it would cost me to purchase $1500 worth of cards.
50 47.99 1,439.70
75 71.98 1,439.60
150 144.98 1,449.80
500 484.98 1,454.94
So hopefully my math was correct. Previously the savings was better with the larger card amounts but then it reversed. I was also told the $50’s were being discontinued. Maybe it’s just a holiday thing. Also, I felt it was worth the extra $.10 to not have to combine two $25 cards. I really need to combine more now. My PIF is October but Gold adventures open in September. I have lots of work to do for a trip that prolly will not happen.

We postponed our March 2020 cruise which was the last Disney cruise that went out and rescheduled it for March 2021. Now we are having second thoughts. We will probable reschedule again and push it out to 2022.

We booked our end of April 2021 cruise on opening day, before we had heard of coronavirus. When our April 2020 cruise was canceled, we moved our FCC (and OBB benefits that went with the April 2020 cruise) to the April 2021 cruise. I think that IF a vaccine comes to fruition in the timeline they are talking that cruises will be sailing by then. But I suspect the travel restrictions from employers and a significantly modified cruising experience will still be in place. In light of that, while I'm not canceling yet (I really would like to see the CDC provide some updated information on expectations for cruises with guests, not just constant no-sail orders), I'm researching alternative options for that vacation week.

Not a Disney cruise but same unknowns and disappointments. We had 3 cancelled this year (or moved). Next one is March 2021...not feeling too good about it. Then have Aug 2021 and Dec 2021. Hoping at least Aug and Dec are a go.

Not a Disney cruise but same unknowns and disappointments. We had 3 cancelled this year (or moved). Next one is March 2021...not feeling too good about it. Then have Aug 2021 and Dec 2021. Hoping at least Aug and Dec are a go.

Amazing. You've had 3 cancelled and I cannot even get them to cancel my one. All Dream cruises are cancelled until November with the exception of my one little 3 night 10/02 cruise. For whatever reason DCL is holding onto that cruise for dear life and will not cancel it. Doesn't make sense, especially with a Bahama ban piled on now.

We are not booked for 2021 but after our first Disney cruise (Halloween on the High Seas on the Dream Oct. 2019) we were planning to book another for 2021. We will definitely not be booking anything.

I personally don’t think any cruises will sail in 2020. And if cruises sail in 2021, we will not be comfortable sailing.

Hoping to get back to WDW in early 2022 as a best case scenario. Skipping our annual WDW trip in 2021, and it will be a very long time before we are comfortable going on a cruise. All depends on what covid looks like at that point. Is there a treatment? Vaccine? Has it mutated to be less severe? With a higher risk child, there is a lot to think about.

I really can’t see effective mitigation on a cruise.

Our first cruise of any kind was canceled in early April of this year (Magic from Miami). We took the 125% option. I've been putting off booking the same thing for 2021, though I'd prefer to go then. I think though it sounds somewhat unlikely that a viable vaccine would be fully distributed by then, it is possible that Covid testing will improve to a point at which guests can be tested while they wait in the boarding area and receive nearly instant results. Should that happen, it may be possible to cruise without masks or other major precautions ... though of course some protocols are likely permanent. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to aim for April 2021 or fall/winter 2021. My oldest starts high school in fall 2021.

I was all set to cancel our October 2020 cruise whenever DCL officially puts the kabosh on it, but now I'm leaning towards rebooking for December 2021.

Things have to be better by then. Right? Right?

I don't think cruising will be back in any normal sense until 2022. Most information that comes out regarding a successful vaccine would have widespread disruption in Q3 2021. One of the airlines said in their earnings report this week that is when they expect any real increase in flying to happen. I hope not as I have a January cruise booked but I am not seeing how it sails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter