Get in Shape & Lose Weight for August 2014 Group

Hi I just found this thread and was reading through it. Wish I had gotten on this sooner. Just came back from 3 weeks in the World (with one of them being on a Disney Cruise). And now want to lose the weight I put on from the trip as well as the weight I didn't finish losing before I went! Got 45 lbs more to go!

We'll better late than never.. Keep watching us. We're trying to come up with a plan to continue on here post trips...

QOTD: Are any of you already planning future trips to Disney World?

It looks like summer 2016 for me. Probably August again (can't believe I'm saying that :) ) I'd like to try June maybe. Go right after my daughters high school graduation. But I think there's more crowds, more cost and it's still just as hot.

Please share... :)

QOTD: Are any of you already planning future trips to Disney World? It looks like summer 2016 for me. Probably August again (can't believe I'm saying that :) ) I'd like to try June maybe. Go right after my daughters high school graduation. But I think there's more crowds, more cost and it's still just as hot. Please share... :)

I like this group and I'm not interested in finding another. You can change the title to whatever you'd like and I'll be here. :)

My DH and I have been talking about a grown up trip. We did one last October and loved it! We are suppose to be going October 2015 to do the Tower of Terror 10 miler but he's been having some shoulder issues and needs surgery so I'm thinking October 2016 instead. We've got until Feb when registration opens to decide.

My DH has also been talking about taking a relaxing vacation to Florida's gulf coast in Feb 2015. I guess we shall see.

I like this group too and need help getting back on track. I feel AWFUL. Clothes are tight. Yuck. So overwhelmed of going back to EARLY am workouts.

No trips planned yet but I know we will be back. I'd love a grown up trip but I'm hoping to get pregnant soon which will obviously put Disney touring on hold for a little while :( I wish I was still feeling as good as before vacation - would rather get pregnant while in that shape. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So.. We just keep posting here!

I feel like a slug too. We had the trip, then had a week of working full time while still in a vacation hangover ( landed almost 11 pm on a Saturday then worked next Monday am.) then last week worked while getting a system for getting both kids to school and myself to work.

But it's time to get back to it! So today I did active stretching and stuff like sit ups and squats. This evening went for a mile n a half walk. Not much but going in the right direction.

My goal this week is to work out at least 15 minutes before work in the morning. That means I need to be up by 5:15/5:30. I think that's enough of a goal to "start" with this week.

For those of you with a fitbit, do you like it? Does it help? What kind did you get? Does it only work for walking/running or will it pick up info while you're doing, say, a workout dvd? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it for me. TIA!

Hi!

I'm with Pikester - NEVER again in August. While we avoided rain in the parks the entire week, the heat and crowds were awful.

To answer the QOTD, I am actually planning TWO Disney trips right now! One for DH and I in February 2015 and another for us and the kids over Memorial Day weekend (May) 2015. You see, we bought Premium Annual Passes, so I want to get my money's worth! :rotfl:

I just booked the SW flights for Feb and was psyched to pay $218 pp RT. The May dates aren't up yet for SW, so I'm stalking that site.:rolleyes:

So, with all that being said, let's keep this thread going! I have stayed the same weight as I was when I left for the World on 8/16, but I have been exercising way too little, so I feel mushy. My DD16 and I are running in the Color Run 5K on 10/5, so I need to get back into running! Only a month left! :crazy2:

I just did my first run in about a month. 2 miles I mostly running. I'm going to register for a 5k I'm honor of Vicki Soto that is held in my town which is where she grew up. It is in November. Not sure how possible pregnancy will impact this- but I can always walk it if I'm told not to run. Feeling proud.

So.. We just keep posting here!

I feel like a slug too. We had the trip, then had a week of working full time while still in a vacation hangover ( landed almost 11 pm on a Saturday then worked next Monday am.) then last week worked while getting a system for getting both kids to school and myself to work.

But it's time to get back to it! So today I did active stretching and stuff like sit ups and squats. This evening went for a mile n a half walk. Not much but going in the right direction.

My goal this week is to work out at least 15 minutes before work in the morning. That means I need to be up by 5:15/5:30. I think that's enough of a goal to "start" with this week.

For those of you with a fitbit, do you like it? Does it help? What kind did you get? Does it only work for walking/running or will it pick up info while you're doing, say, a workout dvd? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it for me. TIA!

Vacation hangover- I love it. Perfect descriptions!

I love the fitbit One. It picks up on high activity minutes as well as steps for running and walking. You can track online/phone ap what activity you did, but it will track your intense minutes regardless - this is a different measurement than 'steps' and it is not added into your 'steps' unless you are taking steps during the workout. Make sense? Lol. I love that I can compare myself to my friends with fitbits- Rebecca and Pikester from this board included :-) I love that I can check it from my phone. I love that it clips to my bra and I don't have to wear a bracelet that everyone can see.

I also use the Map My Run app- the free version. It tracks my pace/route/time/distance/calories. Anyone else using that app? I'd love to connect and be 'friends'

I have the Fitbit Zip. It's about $70 at Walmart. The only thing I worry about is the steps. I like to get 10,000 a day, I love to get 15,000 and I totally rock if I can't get more then that per day. I use the Fitbit website just to see how I'm doing throughout the week but I don't keep track of calories or any of that stuff. I keep track of what I'm eating and how many points through Weight Watchers so that covers that aspect of it.

Not sure what kind of DVD you are using to workout with. The Zip, as far as I can tell, would not keep track of stretches or leg lifts. I'm pretty sure it's just for that up and down movement you get as you walk, run or ride a bike( my husband clips it to the inside of his bike socks).

I ran 3.25 miles today. I had a slow pace, but I only stopped and walked once (for about 30 seconds), so I am pleased with myself.

I am also loving the cooler weather!

Congrats, DisMom1981, on your decision to register for a 5K. You should be proud! My 5K is October 5th, so I'm in training, too. :thumbsup2

Not sure where my brain is but I totally missed about the 5k. Good luck to both of you!

Not sure where my brain is but I totally missed about the 5k. Good luck to both of you!

Oh thanks. I felt great going for a run at 8am yesterday. Now I'm just NERVOUS about ughh heading to the gym at 4:20 am tomorrow. Not pumped.

I totally get the not working out...I was thinking this morning it has to change..even 15 mins is better then nothing.

No trips on the horizion but I so want too;) It won't be til 2016 as we need to get some financial stuff behind us first

I was looking at the fitbit while at Brookstone but didn't get it..I did have one that clipped on my bra but I haven't used it for awhile..hhmm wondering if it still works..:scratchin Also had the Biggest Loser thingie..lol but stopped using it too... wonder if there is a patttern starting:rotfl2:

My suggestion is we challenge each other to do at least 30 mins this week and we report by Sunday what we did???? You can do whatever you what just get the blood pumping and the sweat started????

I totally get the not working out...I was thinking this morning it has to change..even 15 mins is better then nothing. No trips on the horizion but I so want too;) It won't be til 2016 as we need to get some financial stuff behind us first I was looking at the fitbit while at Brookstone but didn't get it..I did have one that clipped on my bra but I haven't used it for awhile..hhmm wondering if it still works..:scratchin Also had the Biggest Loser thingie..lol but stopped using it too... wonder if there is a patttern starting:rotfl2: My suggestion is we challenge each other to do at least 30 mins this week and we report by Sunday what we did???? You can do whatever you what just get the blood pumping and the sweat started????

Great idea!

Just canceled my alarm to get up for the gym this morning. Feel disappointed.

Just canceled my alarm to get up for the gym this morning. Feel disappointed. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You're still awesome! Go for a walk later if you can.

I haven't exercised since last week. My excuses is that I've been sick which is a good excuse but it still makes me feel like a loser.

You're still awesome! Go for a walk later if you can. I haven't exercised since last week. My excuses is that I've been sick which is a good excuse but it still makes me feel like a loser.

I miss 5am sunlight! The gym is so.......yuck

I miss 5am sunlight! The gym is so.......yuck Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Over the summer I was getting up at 5:30a, eating a little something and then running around 6:30a. It worked great! Now I'm all messed up because school started and working as a sub I have to be available for jobs. And now that it's darker in the mornings ......yup, nothing's happening in the AM. It won't be long until it's too dark to run in the early evening so it will be back on the treadmill in the basement. Bleck!

My mornings have been sabotaged too. Working full time now plus kids in school have killed it. I noticed increasing foot pain which I think has to be plantar faciatis. (Spelling?) it's very painful to walk first thing in the morning. So, I've been trying to stretch my calves out before I even get out if bed. It's helping I guess. I've also done some active stretching in the morning. So no aerobics but it's bringing up my heart rate. Last two nights I've also done strength work at night, focusing on upper one night and lower the other. It's not much but better than what I've been doing recently. Hoping it's a step towards better things again...

Every little bit helps!

I went to the gym with my DD yesterday in the evening. I'm still not working (got laid off just over 6 months ago), but I'm trying to make some changes to my workout routines, so I'm not working out in the late mornings every day like I've been lucky enough to do. I'm hoping that will help with the transition once I get a job.

My fitbit (I have the wristband one) died on me a couple of days ago. This is the second one I've had; replaced the original about 3 months in and now this one lasted about the same amount of time. I bought the warranty at Sports Authority, so I got the replacement for free, but I can't find the paperwork now that this one's dead. :worried: I'm sure the reason they keep crapping out on me is because I sweat so much when I exercise. I take the "bit" out of the band every day and let everything dry, but I guess that is not enough to keep it working properly. I'm not sure what to do now.

I am using the Runkeeper app on my phone to log in my running and walking. I like the GPS feature, but when I'm on the treadmill, I have to log it in manually.

Have a great day everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter