"I Think We Need More Bread Bowls"-A Pixiefied Disneyland Adventure-Updated 9/13x3-COMPLETED

I'm still 2 months behind on your other TR but I HAD to jump over here and join in because I'm going to Disneyland next February!
Bahaha, I kinda RUSHED through the end of it, so that's totally fair!! And yay!! You'll have so much fun!

Sounds like a fun trip so far!
It was!!

Love the colors and sharpness of this one! All the pics are great though!
Thank you!! The editing process really helped make the photos fantastic!

I'm following along!

Love your infectious disney attitude (I guess that's a thing?) Haha.

I've done alot of rundisney races but not tink, so I'm excited to hear about it.
Hi! glad you're here and liking it so far!! Yay! I don't have a lot of knowledge about the race since I actually didn't run, but I'll make sure Kara/Abby pipes up to answer any questions you might have

You're off to a great start! And your castle pictures are stunning!
Thank you so much!!

Don't worry...mine is the same.
I love Lightroom! I always think of it Instagram's older and much cooler big brother. Love all of the pics so far! Can't wait to see more of them!!

Lightroom is fantastic!!

YAY you're inside DISNEYLAND!!! I love the pics you took of the castle--seriously GORG!!! Can't wait to read more about your adventure :)

YAY! IT was awesome!!! And thank you!! I really enjoy them!!

IMG_4590 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4591 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4592 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We poked around, and naturally the first thing we notice is the Jolly Trolley!! We’re rather big enthusiasts when it comes to watching the Trolley Show in WDW, and absolutely love everyone in it, so of course our first pit stop for another photoshoot was involving the Trolley.

13173385_10156989359685360_6791448839602052126_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13198649_10156989360075360_5464467342196622732_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13217109_10156989359790360_277620984851484597_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13161958_10156989359695360_968473432912252365_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13047928_10156989359985360_5338696101922520149_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

These are definitely a little out of order, but the Flickr album I have them in just WON’T organize properly. I’ve got all of Kara & Abby’s & my phone pictures in an album and if I try to put them in chronological order it just doesn’t want to do it! SO, in order to not forget any, I’m kinda doing whatever’s on the page and then moving on bahaha! I also have no idea why the next one’s so dark, apparently I forgot how to edit…

IMG_4595 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13227676_10156989359785360_5141257984836338280_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4596 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4600 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4605 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Kara had a good laugh when I posted that one commenting “this is what happens when the photographer actually gets on camera” bahah, I have to admit, after being behind the camera for so long, I seriously don’t know what to do when I’m on one anymore! Gonna make my next headshot shoot interesting, bahaha!!

IMG_4606 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13227615_10156989359890360_2974371255988489658_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Gave some attitude for Kensley over in Florida who’s always making silly trolley faces.

13235679_10156989360240360_1566418696707704987_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13220784_10156989359930360_4696684345795647250_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We’d been on the trolley for a while now & it was starting to be taken over by children, so we figured it was time to move on and explore the rest of Toon Town!

13243891_10156989360290360_3067321270928049562_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Minnie’s House was super cute, and naturally, Abby became the subject of both our photography practice, lol.

13243891_10156989360290360_3067321270928049562_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13227663_10156989360550360_6227269271569390150_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4612 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

The Toon Town area is super cute, I can’t say I miss having it in Florida since I was never there when they had it, but that might also have something to do with the fact that I’m a grown adult with no kids. It’s cute for us, but that’s about it, I’m sure kids love it, especially with the popularity of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse & all that Disney Jr stuff nowadays. I know we talked about how cool it would be for a Zootopia area or something, but I know people would RAGE about it if they destroyed TT on BOTH coasts lol.

We’d done one Mouse House, it was time for the next!

I really loved all of the Trolley shots! I'm not sure we will spend any time in that area when we go.

Hi just joined in. I am from Northern CA so DL is my home park. Loving your pics and your report is different than a lot of other so love it. Can't wait for the next update. :)

Those Trolley pics are the cutest!!

Thank you!!! We try! Lol

I really loved all of the Trolley shots! I'm not sure we will spend any time in that area when we go.

Thanks so much!! We had fun! I really wish we'd gotten onto the actual trolley for pictures in our trolley bounds, but alas, didn't happen! Hahha, it's a cute area to check out, and Pluto (used) to meet back there! I met him on my last trip, but I THINK he might be closer to the front now with the 60th, but who knows. It's cute to look at quickly even if ya'll don't stay long!

Hi just joined in. I am from Northern CA so DL is my home park. Loving your pics and your report is different than a lot of other so love it. Can't wait for the next update. :)

Hi!! :welcome: DL is definitely not our home park, but I still absolutely LOVE it! Glad you're enjoying it and liking the pictures!! There's so many more to come!!!

Mickey’s House seemed like the next progression of places to explore, it was MUCH more overrun with children, but that’s to be expected. I’d wanted to do some “transformation” pictures since my 1997 trip but the photo ops were all covered in kids bahhaa.

13198531_10156989359610360_1068530401952869182_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13164237_10156967624805360_1317678137523009406_n by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13217604_10156989360610360_774566627411917152_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We knew Mickey could be in a variety of different outfits,(I was definitely hoping for the Steamboat outfit!) so we decided to wait in line to meet him as well, and after all, paying a visit to the boss man seemed like it needed to be done at the beginning of every trip!

The wait wasn’t too bad, and they had some cartoons to watch in the last room, so that kept us occupied. We also spent some time Instagram-ing and playing on our phones. I ALSO am pretty sure I forgot to mention, we’d rented a WiFi Cube for this trip since we’re all out of country and DLR has NO WIFI. It was like, $25 each to rent for the 6 days we had it. It would die midday most days, but I’d plug it into my portable charger and it worked fine after that!

We finally got into the meet & greet room and found Mickey in his classic gear WOMP WOMP. Oh well, at least he wasn’t creepy and talking. Bahaha!! The family in front of us was a HUGE family, and took MULTIPLE arrangements of photos, so they took a pretty long time. The kid behind us was also getting super antsy and excited, but it was fine.

We somehow ended up being another group of “those people” and ended up going up individually, but Mickey kinda encouraged it, and it was SUPER cute, he kissed Abby’s hand, and gestured to her cute outfit, and twirled her around.

13173535_10156986583410360_377220568567467191_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13220570_10156986583460360_9034886755517751711_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13173272_10156986583515360_8527557810173506808_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I’m pretty sure Kara went next?

13235103_10156986583315360_7679076579419499645_o (1) by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13227670_10156986583420360_190626400030081116_o (1) by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13122928_10156986583335360_4112400115038002845_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We were all set and ready to go, thinking that we’d gotten enough pictures, but Mickey gestured for us ALL to come up and get a group shot when we’d finished individuals! WHAT?!

13221320_10156986583580360_4076748939163984878_o (1) by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

As we were leaving, the kid that had been SO excited about meeting Mickey suddenly got super scared of him and wouldn’t go up to say hi! Baha, oh kids. We left the meet and greet in high spirits, talking about how wonderful it was, and how cute Mickey was! We all agreed that fur character interactions seemed to be a MILLION times better in DLR, maybe because they only did that? The three of us all had also had not so great experiences with the face characters last time, so would that be the case this year?

It was reaching the evening now, and we knew how popular Paint the Night was, so we figured it’d be best to try and find a spot for our evening festivities! Our favorite thing to do was to get a curbside spot on Main Street for the parade & move into the street for the fireworks afterwards, nice and easy! Main street was little crowded, but we found a bit of empty curb in a good spot, and claimed our territory.

IMG_9230 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

As you can tell, we took turns taking Starbucks & bathroom runs! Once the sun went down it definitely got chilly!!

IMG_9242 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I’m also such an old lady that I got a decaf latte, I honestly drink more decaf than regular nowadays, I didn’t want to be up all night!!

IMG_9247 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We spent a good chunk of time Snapchatting

IMG_9248 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

All of our “Friendliest Friends” came out to say Hi too!! I mean, they had to watch the greatest parade with us!! We chatted with a few cast members that came by, and had our picture taken with the Paint the Night sign, and eventually IT WAS TIIIIIMMMMEEEE.

13217318_10156989367485360_7041246958741358130_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Since I didn’t have my 50mm, I opted to not take any pictures, took some video & snapchats, and just ENJOYED IT! Seriously, Paint the Night is one of my all time favorite parades/shows/everything, it’s still so new and fresh and amaing. There’s SO much energy from ALL of the performers, and it’s seriously just SO incredible. There were a LOT of feels.

Speaking of feels… Disneyland Forever was up next. We moved right into the street and had decent spots, and then the announcements started….it was delayed…and delayed…and delayed…

And eventually it was technically cancelled. WOMP WOMP. We understood though, it was the dry season, and we were so close to an actual city and stuff, unlike florida. (also this was a few days after the Fort Macmurray fire evacuated the entire city, so we knew why it happened, it’s dry). They still did the finale bit, but just with projections and the lights, just no pyro, so that was nice. Still had ALL THE FEELS, like, the song alone was enough!

Since we had a little bit of time we started to wander through the Main Street shops, and IMAGINE MY SURPRISE, when we walk into the jewelry store and ALL THE ALEX AND ANI’S ARE STILL THERE! INCLUDING THE SO CALLED “DISCONTINUED” princess ones?!?! I seriously freaked out, my Aurora one was looking pretty rough, and I really wanted the Ariel one, but since I was low on funds I didn’t pick any up. (I kinda also want them to mean something when I get them, like, to be a “Friend” of mine in the parks…)

We found some super cute shirts too, I ended up picking up the Aurora one later on since there’s NEVER AURORA MERCHANIDSE! Kara commented that we could each get our favorite princess (hers is Belle) and match them with the new mickey ears and wear them in Asia & be all cute! We were sad there was no Punzie for Abby though!

Naturally, we spent a lot of time wandering through, and the shops were crowded since it was post fireworks, as we’re nearly about to leave, we walked RIGHT past one of the other Trolley girls from WDW! We were all “what?! Hey!” and that was about it, but it was still super funny we hadn’t even been in Disneyland a full day and had already seen 5 people we knew from the opposite coast!

The store was super crowded, so we left the park, and headed out to brave World of Disney since Abby needed herself some new Friendliest Friends, we acquired them (through a rather lengthy wait at the counter as the CM went digging through the back to find 2 they didn’t seem to have on display). I debated getting some of the Pirates ones but opted not to. Our final stop in DTD was

…EARL OF SANDWICH….

Duh.

IMG_9244 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We’d been talking about that sandwich for like, half the day, and we were super hungry again, so it made total sense. I also loved that they had the option of multigrain or white bread, and actually asked which we wanted! Yay for pretend healthy! (I say pretend because a sandwich with bread inside it can’t be that good).

The three of us decided to call it a night, especially with Kara running the next morning, so we headed back to the hotel, and Abby showed off her Haunted Mansion Tsum Tsums before bed!

IMG_9249 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I'm in, you're TR is awesome so far! You're much farther along than I am in mine too, I've only done one actual update, oops! :sad:

That hotel you're staying in looks nice, I considered staying there but it looked like it was too far to walk, and I definitely wanted to be in walking distance!

I had no idea they had bread bowls at Disneyland, OMG, I missed out on SO much! I did get the mint julep though! I love New Orleans Square, I wish it was in WDW, but at the same time, we have Liberty Square, which I also love! I love that Disneyland and MK are so similar, yet they have different things like this to make it interesting enough to want to keep going back to each park!

Your castle pics are beautiful! Someday I need to get a real camera, all I use now is my phone for pictures! :rolleyes1

I wanted to get a picture on that trolly in Toontown SO bad, but whenever I would go up to it, people were just lounging away on it, like it was their couch in their living room or something! So I gave up after a while...next time!

How long did you sit on Main Street to wait for Paint the Night? I think the first night we were there was a Sunday, and people were seriously finding spots at like 5:00...that's dedication, I can't wait for a parade that long!:faint: But if I was going to, it would be for Paint the Night because it's perfect! And I'm not even a parade person really! :cool1:

Can't wait to read more!

I'm sorry you didn't get to meet Steamboat Mickey but you all still got such cute pics with him!

Ugh bummer about the fireworks being cancelled! Still sounds like a fun night though :)

Ah man, I didn't know Steamboat Willie was a possibility! I'm super excited for Oswald and now am hoping to find Steamboat Willie too!

Can't wait for Paint the Night, it looks so awesome from all the photos I've seen.

I may just have all of those HM Tsum Tsums and the Pirates ones and about 100 more. LOL. I'm a little obsessed with them.

This sounds like such a fun trip! Making me excited for my July Trip!

What a fun filled first day! :) I do wish they hadn't torn down Toontown before I got to take my son there but I have pics to show him from WDW at least.

So cute all your Trolley pics!! and how funny to actually run into one of your Trolley friends from Florida!

Signing on and loving your TR so far. The pictures are fantastic!

Yay! Glad you made it over & thank you so much!!!

I'm in, you're TR is awesome so far! You're much farther along than I am in mine too, I've only done one actual update, oops! :sad:
That hotel you're staying in looks nice, I considered staying there but it looked like it was too far to walk, and I definitely wanted to be in walking distance!
I had no idea they had bread bowls at Disneyland, OMG, I missed out on SO much! I did get the mint julep though! I love New Orleans Square, I wish it was in WDW, but at the same time, we have Liberty Square, which I also love! I love that Disneyland and MK are so similar, yet they have different things like this to make it interesting enough to want to keep going back to each park!
Your castle pics are beautiful! Someday I need to get a real camera, all I use now is my phone for pictures! :rolleyes1
I wanted to get a picture on that trolly in Toontown SO bad, but whenever I would go up to it, people were just lounging away on it, like it was their couch in their living room or something! So I gave up after a while...next time!
How long did you sit on Main Street to wait for Paint the Night? I think the first night we were there was a Sunday, and people were seriously finding
spots at like 5:00...that's dedication, I can't wait for a parade that long!:faint: But if I was going to, it would be for Paint the Night because it's perfect! And I'm not even a parade person really! :cool1:
Can't wait to read more!

Thank you so much!! I'm trying to get through it a little bit faster since I've got a pretty big PTR to start on sometime soon! And I type everything up in advance so I only have to copy & paste & link come posting time!
It was super nice! We found it to be walking distance, it took about half an hour,and I can't say I would want to do it with little kiddos, or alone, because Anaheim is sketch ville lol.
THERE WERE SO MANY BREAD BOWLS, SERIOUSLY EVERYWHERE I love the mint juleps! I'm not big on LS, but NoS is seriously my one true love!!!
Thank you so much!!! I put a lot of work into things this go around!!
LAME! We did have to wait a bit for a couple kids to get off, and our photoshoot was brought abruptly to an end when some more hopped on, but hey, whatever.

Uhm...when Kara & I first saw it back in Oct, we grabbed a spot for Soundsational and honestly didn't move until Ptn was over...we took turns running places to occupy out time, but that was closer to when it was newer. Now, we would usually wait til 1.5hr before, and squeeze in somewhere. It's still a struggle since Main St is such a popular spot to watch it, and with Soundsational running later people just don't bother leaving.

Signing on and loving your TR so far. The pictures are fantastic!

Thank you so much!!! :)

Enjoying your report! Love all the details and pics!!
Glad you're enjoying!! and thank you so much!!

I'm sorry you didn't get to meet Steamboat Mickey but you all still got such cute pics with him!
Ugh bummer about the fireworks being cancelled! Still sounds like a fun night though :)

Thanks!! I'm sure we'll meet him at some point! And we did have an amazing first night!!

Ah man, I didn't know Steamboat Willie was a possibility! I'm super excited for Oswald and now am hoping to find Steamboat Willie too!
Can't wait for Paint the Night, it looks so awesome from all the photos I've seen.
I may just have all of those HM Tsum Tsums and the Pirates ones and about 100 more. LOL. I'm a little obsessed with them.

YAAAS!! We totally didn't get to Oswald this trip (spoiler alert) but hey, we got him before, and there were so many other things to do!! hopefully you'll get Steamboat!! PTN is seriously INCREDBLE!! I'd watched HKDL's version online before i knew it was coming to DLR, but I put off watching it again until it was in person, and just reactions are perfection! Bahha, Abby has over 80 I'm pretty sure! It took me longer to get into them though so I'm missing quite a few sets that I WISH i could get!!

This sounds like such a fun trip! Making me excited for my July Trip!

it was SO much fun!!!

What a fun filled first day! :) I do wish they hadn't torn down Toontown before I got to take my son there but I have pics to show him from WDW at least.
So cute all your Trolley pics!! and how funny to actually run into one of your Trolley friends from Florida!

It was great!!! I am kinda sad there's no ToonTown in WDW, but at the same time, I'd MUCH rather have "New" Fantasyland in my home park, and at least it's still in one of the states-side parks!! Thanks!! We had fun taking them!

Good morning! Good morning! There’s no welcome show here, good morning!!

Lawl.

Our day began as Kara was getting back from running her first race, the 10k, which she said was nice, definitely not as crowded as WDW’s marathon weekend, but much more boring as so much of it was outside of the parks. I think we managed to get over to Disneyland just a bit after opening, and naturally, needed a pick me up.

IMG_4624 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Although I split from the others after realizing the BEAUTY of Disneyland is there are MULTIPLE breakfast locations, and I just don’t like Starbucks food, and I’d had coffee in the room. I jumped over to the Holiday Bakery place and met the other two over in the eating area there!

IMG_9288 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

This was also my first mistake in getting food in Disney, I’d been eating pretty meat free before the vacation, and was making more conscious choices about animal products all together (but I knew that’d be pretty darn tough on vacation, so kind of started after) and COMPLETELY forgot to ask if there was a vegetarian quiche, so I spent a bunch of time picking out all the ham, bahahha.

Breakfast in our bellies, we knew we had to run and get fast passes for Indiana Jones, so we started to venture off that way, but got MAJORLY distracted because roaming characters with not much of a line are a thing here.

13217496_10156986583625360_6737587633443238112_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I LOVE Bert, and this was no exception, he was super cute, and chatted briefly with us about our outfits, and was the first (and not last) of the day to think that I was Cinderella, but I was quick to let him know that it was my castle behind us and he got it.

13221402_10156986583655360_3912589992444444088_o (1) by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

We thanked the pair, and the family that took our photos, and finally headed off into Adventureland!

IMG_9289 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

LOOK AT THAT PAPER GOODNESS! Man do I ever miss those! (Though if you’d asked me again in like an hour, I realized how inconvenient it is to have to pull out your wallet every time to GET AND THEN TO USE a fast pass) I did end up missing the bands, which I never thought I would.

Fast passes in our pockets, we headed back to the hub, but imagine our surprise when we saw a wish granter hanging out by himself! Since Abby was bounding as Jasmine that day, she asked if we could stop, and of course we said yes!

13173029_10153491167152624_3591853017597677427_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13198613_10153491167307624_4107041938937875087_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13173242_10153491167302624_6853113845496119534_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Knows a royal when he sees one!

13173314_10156986583765360_7945549962690722331_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13220639_10156986583705360_4743189854416086240_o (1) by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I think he liked that we were all wearing blue too! (completely un-coordinated too, just happened to be the princesses/outfits that we’d picked!)

13220795_10156989360820360_3936883932631197952_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4627 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4630 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

The three of us had discussed what to do next, and we ended up heading over to the Fantasyland area, there was still too much time before the little Beauty & the Beast show would be happening, so what’s a princess to do but take pictures?!

IMG_9252 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_9253 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13173203_10156989359280360_9164463704000635453_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

13235225_10156989359015360_1954734205542447232_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4634 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

We ended up over at the fountain/wishing well area naturally, because it’s SO PRETTY, and both Kara & I had our cameras out and were playing around with things!

(I have all her photos on my flickr too so it’s harder to tell who’s are who’s, but if you like, really LOVE one, or want to know more about how it was shot/edited, just quote it & we’ll see if we can figure it out)

IMG_4639 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Ready?!?

Read on!!

IMG_4643 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

SO PRETTY

IMG_9307 by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4646 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4647 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Playing around in the wishing well led to Abby singing Someday My Prince Will Come in her best Snow White voice which was fantastically hilarious.

13173247_10156989361360360_1274774045979264871_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4648 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13173197_10156989361010360_3625622338247591927_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

There was a character attendant hanging around the area while we were taking pictures, and since I knew Aurora usually hung out around here, I asked when she would be coming out. Turns out the attendant was just there to tell people that Aurora WOULD NOT be coming out today! WAH! She said that she MIGHT be over in the hall later on in the day, but it wasn’t for sure.

IMG_4650 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

The flowers over in this area were seriously just PERFECTION.

IMG_4651 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13227374_10156989370700360_6265760521969024265_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4653 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

Seriously. So pretty. Kara also started playing around with the empty area, and Abby on the bridge.

13227610_10156989361235360_8679281534759751516_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

Thank God for Abby being around all the time, bahaha, she’s seriously our main model for stuff, bahahha! When we were wanted to practice stuff for nighttime parade photography in WDW we’d just get her to prance around and try to get decent pictures, lol.

IMG_4655 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

13235612_10156989359005360_889073249379138465_o by Katt McCluskey, on Flickr

I CANNOT get enough!!

IMG_4656 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

IMG_4658 by Katt mccluskey, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter