If Hollywood Studios reaches capacity...

I plan on arriving mid day for my upcoming September trip and heading to Hollywood Studios. I only want to spend a half day because I know it'll be insane and I really want to see Fantasmic.

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm assuming if the park has reached capacity due to SWGE for the day, they will let people know before they get in? So I could use my ticket for that day at another park...

If I have FP+ for HS, what would happen to them?

They will let people know somehow, not sure how though
You can always check with front desk or look on MDE to see if there are any phase closures (would have to be phase 4 closure for WDW resort guests to not be allowed in) before you go
As far as FP goes, since this hasn't happened in 12 years, I don't know how that would be handled. My guess is they would be changed to anytime FP for another park? But I don't know.

If it's handled like other park closures they'll send out an alert on the app that says the park is closed. Those messages aren't super helpful though because it'll say that for the first step in closures when most people can still get in, so I recommend checking here for what phase it actually is in. How are you planning on getting to the park? Car? Bus? I'll bet the parking lot will fill up before the closures start happening. Getting on a bus I'd assume they would tell guests if there is a park closure, but not sure. For fast passes I don't believe they do anything with them. If you decide to switch to another park you'll have to make new ones.

I plan on arriving mid day for my upcoming September trip and heading to Hollywood Studios. I only want to spend a half day because I know it'll be insane and I really want to see Fantasmic.

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm assuming if the park has reached capacity due to SWGE for the day, they will let people know before they get in? So I could use my ticket for that day at another park...

If I have FP+ for HS, what would happen to them?
I can see capacity being hit opening day, or even a couple days after but I don’t think it will be a common thing. Now the land itself might hit capacity for a while, if you have a FP or ADR for DHS you should be fine.

I can see capacity being hit opening day, or even a couple days after but I don’t think it will be a common thing. Now the land itself might hit capacity for a while, if you have a FP or ADR for DHS you should be fine.
I'll be there about a week after it opens so I'm hoping only the land itself will reach capacity then, but I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

I'll be there about a week after it opens so I'm hoping only the land itself will reach capacity then, but I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

We'll be there a week after it opens as well.... we are staying FAR FAR away from Hollywood Studios!! NO THANK YOU!!!!! Sad, yes. But also, I'm not trying to stand around with 100,000+ people LOL (Exaggeration on the number -- you know what I mean though!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter