Increased ticket prices coming soon?

Hmm...just bought the 7-day ticket (actually the DVC deal - which is a 6-day ticket with the 7th-day free - saved nearly 75 cents versus UT prices!) I was guessing we would see about a $20 - $25 increase on that ticket - looks like I was in the ballpark - probably more than $20 since the 4-day is going up by $20. I figured about a 5% price increase. I suppose I should be upset, but I went from paying $6,000 for gasoline in 2014, to $4,000 last year, to probably somewhat less than that this year, so I $50 increase in my Disney trip doesn't have me THAT worked up. Of course, I think we won't be going again until 2018, so I've got a few more price increases to look forward to before I next have to buy tickets.

For most it's not a big deal...but it's just another in a line of consistent upcharges for old inventory. May I remind everyone that Epcot is still in disrepair and half of one park is closed - for Christ's sake - and that isn't gonna change for another SEVERAL price hikes.

So just so I'm reading this right...multidays will be increased around 5%...but aren't subject to "peak" aggregate pricing? As in the week of 3/27-4/2 is now not going to cost $125ish more for a myw ticket...correct?

Anybody following?

So just so I'm reading this right...multidays will be increased around 5%...but aren't subject to "peak" aggregate pricing? As in the week of 3/27-4/2 is now not going to cost $125ish more for a myw ticket...correct?

Anybody following?

Get people used to the idea and then once then they can tighten the screws once they have Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars areas that people "need" to go and see. ;)

God I'm cynical.

Nobody truly "needs" to see any of those new lands. I might just have my kids watch someones 4k touring version of them on Youtube.

Get people used to the idea and then once then they can tighten the screws once they have Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars areas that people "need" to go and see. ;)

God I'm cynical.

No...you're probably right...

But it's like WWI...you lose a few feet every few days...but as long as your trench doesn't get competely overrun...you live to fight another. Temporarily☠

Nobody truly "needs" to see any of those new lands. I might just have my kids watch someones 4k touring version of them on Youtube.

Why do you think the word was in quotes? Never the less having stuff like that will make it much easier to push the prices up again.

Because I'm going to have a hard time saying no to Star Wars...

Why do you think the word was in quotes? Never the less having stuff like that will make it much easier to push the prices up again.

I'm going to start showing my kids Peanuts specials more frequently to get them jazzed up about going to Carowinds for ride on Peanuts Pirates.

But seriously after 2 more increases we could be looking at a $149 1 day peak season ticket to DHS.

My favorite part about this are the articles referring to seasonal pricing as though its absolutely brand new for Disney. I guess all the authors forgot about Disney's seasonal room rates.

But seriously after 2 more increases we could be looking at a $149 1 day peak season ticket to DHS.

Excuse me. You mean Star Toy Wars Story Land!

And $149 will be value pricing for that. And on value days only The Great Movie Ride is open. And 1 Jedi Training Academy session!

My favorite part about this are the articles referring to seasonal pricing as though its absolutely brand new for Disney. I guess all the authors forgot about Disney's seasonal room rates.

Or Paris!!

Or Paris!!

My favorite is the bit where they explain how they're doing you a favor!

"if guests plan their visit for September, they’ll have a variety of options, including many days in the value period, which will give them the opportunity to pay less for a 1-Day ticket"

Also known as... as much as you're already paying on a 1 day, plus an increase on the multi-day ticket we know you're going to buy anyway.

Almost every year prices go up and as long as Disney is improving the parks I can understand it.

For most it's not a big deal...but it's just another in a line of consistent upcharges for old inventory. May I remind everyone that Epcot is still in disrepair and half of one park is closed - for Christ's sake - and that isn't gonna change for another SEVERAL price hikes.

Yes still the place we would prefer to go to spend our hard earned dollars.

Just bought our tickets for our Sep 2017 trip...thankfully family understood what I was trying to do a.k.a save some $$.

UT for a 4-day park hopper with extra day free $367.00 each includes taxes for a total of $1468.00 for four people.

Lets just hope we can still get a decent experience come Sep 2017 with all the changes that are anticipated to come..

For some reason I wasn't getting thread updates, and was wondering why it was so quiet... :)

And like I predicted, Disney held to their Last Sunday in February pattern...

Where was increases in multi-day tickets reported? So far none of the sources I trust seem to mention it - but there is an expectation that changes will come down the road.

I'm off to buy my tickets anyways...just in case... :)

For some reason I wasn't getting thread updates, and was wondering why it was so quiet... :)

And like I predicted, Disney held to their Last Sunday in February pattern...

Where was increases in multi-day tickets reported? So far none of the sources I trust seem to mention it - but there is an expectation that changes will come down the road.

I'm off to buy my tickets anyways...just in case... :)

The sentinel article spells it out.

And those increases are small...almost token

I have to actually buy a couple of two days for some relatives coming up - during the PEAK period - and I have not the slighest inkling of doing it tonight.

I'll keep it for now and pay a few bucks more later. Just don't feel Like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter