Is Disney Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash any good?

We liked it and you can buy it in their stores. Why waste luggage space and bring your own?

For some people the shampoo and soap provided don't work with their hair or skin type. Or maybe like me they have allergies and have to be super careful what they use. Many reasons why people might bring their own.

It's supposed to be higher quality, I guess, because it's H2O. But it looks and feels like I'm placing green slime on my head and the smell is bizarre.

If it's still the H20+ products then yes, those products in general are good quality, but it depends what scent is in the room if I will use it or not. I'm not fond of the sea scented one, but did used to like the citrus one.

This is me exactly - I used to love the citrus one, but this trip was the sea one, and I find it kind of yucky (not so much the body wash, but definitely the shampoo and conditioner). - It's a combo of the scent and the weird color/consistency for me.

I used the Disney body wash it June. I didn't like it, I didn't feel it got me as clean as my typical body wash.

My kids love it... probably because it says Disney. I think it's pretty awful. It's supposed to be higher quality, I guess, because it's H2O. But it looks and feels like I'm placing green slime on my head and the smell is bizarre.

Adding that I've only used it in the individual travel sized containers. I've never used the dispensers and I won't. Because I don't trust that it hasn't been tampered with by previous guests.
You are 100% correct. It can get tampered with.....

I don't mind the body wash. I actually have a bottle of H2O body wash in my shower right now that I like well enough. I don't care so much for the shampoo and conditioner, though. They don't wash out well for me, and my hair gets frizzy when I use them, so I just use my own shampoo/conditioner.

Last edited:
I don't really like them very much and I don't think they work well for my hair or body, but I don't dislike them enough to pack bottles of my own from home - luggage space is a premium...

Dove soap comes in a liquid bottle - $6
Pantene Shampoo & conditioner - $7 combo pack
Ship down a s few snacks too and coffee pods and tea bags
Worth every penny ;)

We do not bring back the extra - we use up most of it in 10 days

Is it a combo shampoo/conditioner or separate? My very short hair hates Florida water but the product makes no difference as long as its not the 2 in 1.

They are separate. I haven't seen the combos since the little bottles years ago.

You are 100% correct. It can get tampered with.....

I’m a huge germaphobe in general and usually overthink how anything can become contaminated. How are you picturing these being tampered with? I’m trying to figure it out. Granted I haven’t stayed in a resort with them yet, so I don’t know exactly what they look like, but it sounds like they’re being phased in across the board so I’m bound to encounter them this summer at Bay Lake Tower. Gotta figure out if I’ll be comfortable with them, or grossed out by them. Ha. Are you thinking people will touch various body parts while showering and then touch the dispensers? While that is totally nasty, the same could be said for the shower handle, curtain, door, etc. What am I missing?

I’m a huge germaphobe in general and usually overthink how anything can become contaminated. How are you picturing these being tampered with? I’m trying to figure it out. Granted I haven’t stayed in a resort with them yet, so I don’t know exactly what they look like, but it sounds like they’re being phased in across the board so I’m bound to encounter them this summer at Bay Lake Tower. Gotta figure out if I’ll be comfortable with them, or grossed out by them. Ha. Are you thinking people will touch various body parts while showering and then touch the dispensers? While that is totally nasty, the same could be said for the shower handle, curtain, door, etc. What am I missing?

I really don't get the fear either. The opening to fill them has a lock. I really can't picture how (or why) random guests would be dumping things into the shampoo.

Last edited:
For me it's the thought that some people are wiping their butt then putting that same towel over the dispenser and pumping out more soap on the same towel. My thought is more so of the germs on the actual spout. But hey, that's just me.

My thought is....if you're asking, you probably won't like them. In other words, if you care enough to ask about them, then you're probably particular enough about the products to BYO.

I don't like the dispensing mechanism. I think the salesperson that sold these to so many hotels deserves a raise for selling a terrible product (politically correct wording) (regardless of what's in it).

So, I move a freshly unwrapped bar of soap from the sink to use in my shower, then mousekeeping replaces the soap for my sink.

It does smell good, unfortunately ours stopped pumping halfway through our trip so we ended up using some bar soap.

I really don't get the fear either. The opening to fill them has a lock. I really can't picture how (or why) random guests would be dumping things into the shampoo.
It's not a lock. It's just a clip to hold the frame closed. There are photos in this forum of DISers holding one of the bottles in their hand. The thing I'd worry about most would be something like someone who thinks they are funny putting Nair or something similar in the shampoo bottle.

I don't know *why* either. But there have been many, many investigations into hotels and everything has been found from poop on the remote to semen in the coffee machine. Some people are disgusting and don't care about others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter