Is Paul Walker dead? Update:He's been confirmed dead.

What a sad loss. They had pictures of the car online. What a mangled mess. How horrible for him and the driver.

Very sad...... Always pulled for Paul to do well in his career cause he was raised in the same faith I belong to. (Disclaimer, he admitted quite awhile ago not actually practicing anymore but he still held a lot of the values he'd learned close.) Thoughts and prayers to his family, especially his child.

How strange was this that it took so long to get confirmation....so many conflicting reports on all different sites!! TMZ wouldn't even load for the longest time. I think they pulled the plug after they ran the initial report because other sites were claiming it was a hoax!

I had never heard of this guy, googled his name and still didn't know who he was. I never feel particularly sad when a celebrity dies, never have. I do feel bad for his young daughter though, in a way.

DW broke down and cried last night. Paul Walker was far and away her favorite actor and we were both pretty much addicted to the F&F movies. So sad :(

I had to google who he was too. I think its sad that a young life was cut short and that he left behind a daughter. I don't know anything about the driver but I'm sure he left behind loved ones too.
Thank goodness the driver's recklessness didn't take the lives of anyone else.

So sad...especially since he was the passenger. What a handsome guy, charitable and just a nice guy too apparently.

This is so sad. We love the F&F movies.

it was reported on CNN that there are donut and skid marks near the scene implying that the driver was probably showing off the power this car had and then lost control. Being a car enthusiast, he probably loved his last second of life or was fearing for his life. I only hope that they died instzntly. How ironic that he died this way.

DW broke down and cried last night. Paul Walker was far and away her favorite actor and we were both pretty much addicted to the F&F movies. So sad :(

I have shed a few tears as well, Gumbo. Paul has been my favorite actor for years. While he may not have starred in Academy Award winning roles, it was his genuine soul that drew me in. He had that Hollywood golden boy look, but he was never caught up in the Hollywood "scene". It was almost as if acting came second for him. It's very sad and tragic. We lost a good one, and he will be missed. Prayers for his Daughter, Family, Friends, and Fans. :(

How strange was this that it took so long to get confirmation....so many conflicting reports on all different sites!! TMZ wouldn't even load for the longest time. I think they pulled the plug after they ran the initial report because other sites were claiming it was a hoax!
That's because it apparently WAS a hoax. Just the day before there was a hoax going around saying he died in a car accident. So when it did happen, there was a lot of confusion going on. I'm posting from the mobile app so I don't have any links to post but you can google it to see the story. Unless that's a hoax too, of course. Sad for his family and his daughter..

ETA - apparently the hoax may HAVE been a hoax and never happened. The Internet can be such a messed up place...

It sounds weird (and it sounds like their website had issues yesterday) but for news of this sort, the ONLY place to go is TMZ. They are extremely accurate with their information of this nature. Michael Jackson. Whitney Houston. They had accurate info well before anyone else did.

I have shed a few tears as well, Gumbo. Paul has been my favorite actor for years. While he may not have starred in Academy Award winning roles, it was his genuine soul that drew me in. He had that Hollywood golden boy look, but he was never caught up in the Hollywood "scene". It was almost as if acting came second for him. It's very sad and tragic. We lost a good one, and he will be missed. Prayers for his Daughter, Family, Friends, and Fans. :(

:(

It sounds weird (and it sounds like their website had issues yesterday) but for news of this sort, the ONLY place to go is TMZ. They are extremely accurate with their information of this nature. Michael Jackson. Whitney Houston. They had accurate info well before anyone else did.

I will agree with you on this, but TMZ has gotten it wrong a couple of times. Most recently reporting a few months back that Lil Wayne had died, and sent the social media world into a frenzy. Layering on the fact that when Paul Walker's death was initially reported by TMZ, their website was down for about an hour, leaving many people (including myself) to wonder (and hope) if it was a hoax, and erroneously reported by TMZ. Sadly, it wasn't.

I had to google who he was too. I think its sad that a young life was cut short and that he left behind a daughter. I don't know anything about the driver but I'm sure he left behind loved ones too.
Thank goodness the driver's recklessness didn't take the lives of anyone else.

The driver was Roger Rodas. He had a Wife and two children. He was a driver in the Pirelli World Challenge series. He and Walker were friends and business partners. I go to two of those races each year and I have met Roger.

I feel the same. Except I would be sad if Jon Bon Jovi died ;) no clue who this Paul guy is.
I had never heard of this guy, googled his name and still didn't know who he was. I never feel particularly sad when a celebrity dies, never have. I do feel bad for his young daughter though, in a way.

LiveYourLife said:

I feel the exact same way. I wholeheartedly agree. I couldn't believe when I heard. I saw it on my local news early this morning so I knew it wasn't a hoax. So tragic. He was so young. His poor daughter. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter