Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by samandryanmom, Nov 7, 2018.

1. choirbird

choirbird Earning My Ears

This is a great question! I was wondering the same thing (my partner & I will be going on this tour in April)

samandryanmom likes this.
  2. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

I could be wrong but I believe tour guides are allowed to accept tips. It’s been awhile since I did the KttK

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. TheDisneyNurse

TheDisneyNurse DIS Veteran

I loved it! I did the tour this September on my Birthday. I had my little brother with me, and we loved it! Our tour guide (I think) was Leslie, and it was so evident how much she loved Disney. The underground tunnel system section of the tour is so cool. It was hot hot hot, but Leslie did an amazing job keeping us nice and cool in the shade. Lunch was at Pecos Bills. We both hand Chicken Fajitas and loved it. Especially the toppings bar.

We went back to the hotel, swam, and then went to Epcot for dinner. We weren’t tired from the tour, it was just hot. Totally do-able on a party night.

5. amy66b

amy66b Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if you have some that needs a scooter can take the tour?

6. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

Can’t see any reason why not.

7. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

I would call and ask - there were stairs that we took in Sept when I went

8. captaindavidhook

captaindavidhook <font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co

I thought it was one of the best tours I've done at Disney overall. I thought the cast member giving the tour was really nice and had loads of information that I have not heard about before and it was very cool going backstage behind Splash Mountain and obviously going downstairs underneath the castle and everything else. I highly recommended it.

Imamom2 likes this.
  9. mixmastertoy

mixmastertoy "Disney Christmas Decorating Master" DVC Premium

It is well worth it and I did it the same time you did last year. I think I’m a Disney fanatic but our tour guide told her story why she loves Disney so much and my wife and half the women were all crying. They only have the best of the best cast members do this tour for a reason :)

10. fhtpdw20

fhtpdw20 DIS Veteran

You should be able to take the tour. We went down in an elevator in the Emporium. It is how they transport souveniors from the shop to the front of the park and to the resorts.

11. rinnythepooh

rinnythepooh Mouseketeer

We also have an 8:30 Keys to the Kingdom tour booked for a party day that same week ! Our first FP is 1:15 - 2:15 for Peter Pan. We have never been on this tour. Really looking forward to it. We are 2 adults, no teens.

Imamom2 likes this.
  12. Grammy4Lizzy

Grammy4Lizzy DIS Veteran

My DH and I both used scooters, plus there were two more scooters. Not a problem. In fact the guide had the scooter people at the front of the group to part the traffic.

13. RedK

RedK Mouseketeer

The guides took tips when I took the tour in 2/2018

14. hiroMYhero

hiroMYhero I'm satisfied with my care... Moderator

Did your Guide decline your first two offers of the tip and then accept on your third offer? Disney, for some reason, has this “tip acceptance” rule in place.

Whenever anyone would like to tip, remember to keep offering until the third offer is accepted. :-)

15. RedK

RedK Mouseketeer

No, they accepted on the first time.

hiroMYhero likes this.
  16. hiroMYhero

Thanks! Good info to have. :)

17. CERS

CERS Mouseketeer

I'm quite excited about this tour. I'm doing it on Jan 1st, and I think it is one of the things I'm most excited about. :-)

18. OldSchoolReasons

OldSchoolReasons DIS Veteran

They can. We had 2 on our tour.

19. The Hendies

The Hendies DIS Veteran

We did both Keys to the Kingdom and Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour. We loved both. Enjoy!

20. Imamom2

Imamom2 Mouseketeer

We did it in 2017 and our guide declined the tip - she was lovely about it but declined from several people. The guides on Savor the Savanna declined, too.

21. hiroMYhero

But, if the offers continued, the Guide would have accepted with Offer#3. Sad that they have to see an offered tip disappear, but, it’s Disney’s ‘tip rule.’