• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kidnap the Sandy Claws, lock him up real tight- Oct PTR pg. 234 8/25 up to date itin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is ordered but there is no installation date. That is the day it is supposed to be at the store.:headache: In my opinion this has been a customer service nightmare.

Yes, it is worth the cost for that reason.

You should be excited!!

Oh drats! I thought that was the installation date. You'd think that this wasn't Lowe's business or anything. :upsidedow

There are many reasons flying makes much more sense from Utah to Florida aside from baggage fees. The top of my list include: my time, energy, sanity :crazy2:, comfort, not being exhausted before we arrive, wear and tear on the car, fuel costs :scared:, hotel costs, food costs, etc...It would cost me more to drive than to fly I'm sure. We got our tickets home from MCO for $125 each but we had vouchers from a previously messed up United flight. :woohoo: We ended up paying like $400 for the 6 of us to fly home if I remember correctly. With baggage that's $525 before my friend reimburses me the $125 and $25 for her child. For the way there, we're traveling Southwest which has no baggage fees. We used miles for a few tickets so I think we ended up at like $600. So basically, the 5 of us are flying from SLC to MCO round trip for $1,000. It'd cost more than that in fuel I'm guessing or at least close not to mention hotels blah blah blah.....Between that and DVC, I'm not feeling to guilty on the amount i"m thinking we'll need for ADRs, CSs, F&W, souvenirs, and tips. Thanks girl! :goodvibes

Yeah, that was my thought. If I had to do it again I believe I would have gone to a mom and pop local company. But I wasn't too happy with them. The day that it happened the one contractor they had me call suggested that I use a piece of plywood overnight.:scared1::furious:

For the sanity and comfort alone flying all the way!!

kaoden39 said:
Yeah, that was my thought. If I had to do it again I believe I would have gone to a mom and pop local company. But I wasn't too happy with them. The day that it happened the one contractor they had me call suggested that I use a piece of plywood overnight.:scared1::furious:

For the sanity and comfort alone flying all the way!!

Plywood? Eek! Really? That's ridiculous. So the broken door is still attached, just split? You're still fairly safe right?

Plywood? Eek! Really? That's ridiculous. So the broken door is still attached, just split? You're still fairly safe right?

It's attached and we have a lock. We live in a good neighborhood. We also have a big male German Shepherd and an American Bull Terrier mix that will protect us to the end. I feel safe. I couldn't believe him when he suggested plywood. Not a happy camper at all.

It's attached and we have a lock. We live in a good neighborhood. We also have a big male German Shepherd and an American Bull Terrier mix that will protect us to the end. I feel safe. I couldn't believe him when he suggested plywood. Not a happy camper at all.

You're very safe! :rotfl2: Did he say to attach the plywood with duct tape? :p

kaoden39 said:
I didn't give him the chance!:rotfl: They won't forget me very soon.

Lol! Good girl! I find that customer service has declined dramatically in all arenas. I did have an amazing bartender and server while on Nantucket. And my bike rental guy was nice. Hey, maybe it's just the majority of Utah's customer service that stinks? :lmao:

Is Lowe's the closet option for you? At this point, the door is ordered but for next time?

Lol! Good girl! I find that customer service has declined dramatically in all arenas. I did have an amazing bartender and server while on Nantucket. And my bike rental guy was nice. Hey, maybe it's just the majority of Utah's customer service that stinks? :lmao:

Is Lowe's the closet option for you? At this point, the door is ordered but for next time?

I find that customer service is awful here too. I will avoid businesses because of their customer service. My son will tell you that I stopped going to a local Chevron station and have only gone to Chevron's when there were no other options because of rude customer service. That Chevron went out of business. Lowe's is the closest, all of the others are on the other end of town. Convenience and all. My preference is Orchard Supply but they do not sell doors.

I find that customer service is awful here too. I will avoid businesses because of their customer service. My son will tell you that I stopped going to a local Chevron station and have only gone to Chevron's when there were no other options because of rude customer service. That Chevron went out of business. Lowe's is the closest, all of the others are on the other end of town. Convenience and all. My preference is Orchard Supply but they do not sell doors.

Its so strange to me, especially with tipped positions. Not saying that non tipped positions should give poor service but with a tipped one, you've got a huge motivator.

Can I say my boys are very cranky now over the Raiders/Broncos game? :headache: I will never understand allowing a pro football to ruin their moods. Ever. It just makes no sense. You'd think something real happened by their sour pusses. It just makes me want to tease them too. :laughing:

Thank goodness we've got the NFL Sunday ticket so they can get in even worse moods.

Its so strange to me, especially with tipped positions. Not saying that non tipped positions should give poor service but with a tipped one, you've got a huge motivator.

Can I say my boys are very cranky now over the Raiders/Broncos game? :headache: I will never understand allowing a pro football to ruin their moods. Ever. It just makes no sense. You'd think something real happened by their sour pusses. It just makes me want to tease them too. :laughing:

Thank goodness we've got the NFL Sunday ticket so they can get in even worse moods.

I agree. Whatever happened to wanting to keep customers?

I was watching that game it was a fiasco! My dad used to scream and holler at the TV whenever he watched football. I just don't get it.

I agree. Whatever happened to wanting to keep customers?

I was watching that game it was a fiasco! My dad used to scream and holler at the TV whenever he watched football. I just don't get it.

I know, exactly. :confused3 I'll never understand the need to scream at the tv. :rotfl: Okay...lemme backtrack a little. During the elections, I've been known to get a little heated. :blush: But that's our country, not a football game. ;)

And as far as customer service goes? I haven't a clue. I served forever and gave great service. I expect it in return. It's just not that difficult.

rentayenta said:
I know, exactly. :confused3 I'll never understand the need to scream at the tv. :rotfl: Okay...lemme backtrack a little. During the elections, I've been known to get a little heated. :blush: But that's our country, not a football game. ;)

And as far as customer service goes? I haven't a clue. I served forever and gave great service. I expect it in return. It's just not that difficult.

I have always lived by the thought that everyone should have to work in a service job at least once in their lives. Maybe as customers as a whole we would be nicer. But, that being said my dad taught me as a child that you only get out of life what you put into it. Because of that I have always tried to treat people the way I would like to be treated myself.

Yelling at politicians hmm..... My mother yells another name for a donkey every time she sees the former governor on TV. For Kacy it is Adkin that makes her skin crawl, him and Santorum. When Santorum was in town at Jelly Belly I kept her as far away from there as I could. Lol

Just playing on my phone!!

I have always lived by the thought that everyone should have to work in a service job at least once in their lives. Maybe as customers as a whole we would be nicer. But, that being said my dad taught me as a child that you only get out of life what you put into it. Because of that I have always tried to treat people the way I would like to be treated myself.

Yelling at politicians hmm..... My mother yells another name for a donkey every time she sees the former governor on TV. For Kacy it is Adkin that makes her skin crawl, him and Santorum. When Santorum was in town at Jelly Belly I kept her as far away from there as I could. Lol

:thumbsup2 I agree and always thought there should be a Dining 101 course that would include tipping and knowing your servers responsibilities of which one is not to watch your kids.

I like your dads philosophy.

I can't believe this thread has Santorum in it. :lmao:

rentayenta said:
:thumbsup2 I agree and always thought there should be a Dining 101 course that would include tipping and knowing your servers responsibilities of which one is not to watch your kids.

I like your dads philosophy.

I can't believe this thread has Santorum in it. :lmao:

Hahahaha! Sorry!

My dad for any of his faults was a wise man. My grandpa rest his soul was a very wise man and quite a womens libber. He was born in 1908 and believed in a womans rights and equality. He was born way ahead of his time.

Hahahaha! Sorry!

My dad for any of his faults was a wise man. My grandpa rest his soul was a very wise man and quite a womens libber. He was born in 1908 and believed in a womans rights and equality. He was born way ahead of his time.

A women's libber in the early 1900's and male? You come from good stock! :thumbsup2 That's neat that you even know that. I know very little about my grandparents and their parents.

A women's libber in the early 1900's and male? You come from good stock! :thumbsup2 That's neat that you even know that. I know very little about my grandparents and their parents.

I do come from good stock. My grandpa lived until 2007, he died about a month before his 99th birthday. He never slipped into senility. My children all had a chance to know him which I think was the greatest gift of all. He was my favorite man, I always said I would marry a man like him and I think I did.

I do come from good stock. My grandpa lived until 2007, he died about a month before his 99th birthday. He never slipped into senility. My children all had a chance to know him which I think was the greatest gift of all. He was my favorite man, I always said I would marry a man like him and I think I did.

That's very sweet. He sounds like a lovely man. :goodvibes

Today's photos come from AoA Nemo section. I almost had a breakdown, well not really, and changed to the Cars section but Joshua said no way, he wants Nemo. Love that kid. But before I post the pics that are courtesy of others.......

:stitch: 12 days until WDW!!! :stitch:

and now for the pics. I'm really so excited to stay here if even for one night. I can smell the fresh paint from here.

afd66282625506460e9f4162c89a24f0.jpg

e222ace7e3f55cbf191a62c2ec5d6bc2.jpg

61c4515222a59bee044217f67a65db41.jpg

91b603150cca29c3abccff94e5de24a2.jpg

d841ffb4debf5c6d34bb0a0756948dec.jpg

a9f4d81e18f683c6bcda9ea639b321e9.jpg

5faa75199e61b83a9d1207b7af55761a.jpg

Just canceled 'Ohana on 10/15 at 5:15 for 11 people. I know it's a long shot but maybe someone could lurking could benefit from it. I also canceled Raglan Road for 10/20 at 7 pm for 2 people. :goodvibes

I added Boma for breakfast the day we leave. :rotfl2:

:simba: 11 days until WDW!!! :simba:

Today's pics are of Kidani Village. I cannot wait for our beautiful 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom villa. :goodvibes And of course Saana.....

677f24d2952cd5a23b0731e54093e510.jpg

09b9b0f8f92b85bc1fde4769bea5616c.jpg

bc810030a557e1cf86fa88354b53e3e0.jpg

Hoping and praying with you. :goodvibes Your cruise is your next trip right? I would think that would be pretty low stress physically at least lower than the parks because you really never have to get off the ship if you don't want to.

It'll be amazing. If we don't make it out there early next summer, I'll be shocked. I think I'm going to choose some random June dates and try to make a reservation at the GCV. Any plans next June?

I'm finishing the nonperishables shopping tomorrow. DH came home from work, saw my Mickey duffle packed but not zipped, looked inside, saw peanut butter etc, shook his head, laughed, and walked out. Whose going to be laughing when they're enjoying a delicious pb and j on the balcony of their AKV SV villa??!?!

Our only plans in June would be the weekend of LA Pride. Other than that we aren't making any plans until after these holes on her leg go away and she gets some arthritis drugs.

I think she's pretty set on the cruise. No planes, it's paid for and she can sleep in the room as much as she wants.

Glad you got your non perishables all packed. That's totally something I would do. I put packets of mashed potaoes, condiments, and all kinds of stuff in my luggage to avoid having to buy it on vacation! You guys are going to have a blast!

In your pictures of AoA I noticed there was just a walk in shower. :eek: I'm not sure I could deal with that for more than one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter