Ladies, sons and bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice that I was talking about my brother in that post, not my son. So each of those trips after the first one, he was older than 5. If we didn't come across anyone with a problem with it during the 100 or so trips to the bathroom, I'll take my chances that trend will continue until my son is ready to go alone. His daddy will be with us the majority of the time anyway.

Yes you are right you were talking about your brother.
I can see that by your experience with him that you would have no problem bringing your own ds into the woman's room at 14 if he was still uncomfortable. That isn't really all that surprising based on what you have posted in this thread. Some people will have a problem with that, but I know you don't really care.
I do agree with the above poster, you most likely did come acoss some who had an issue with it but they were too considerate of your feelings to say anything.

And my real life experiences suggest that most don't have a problem with it. I have yet to come across anyone in real life who does have a problem. Taking into consideration that I have been to wdw and universal 13 times (multiple days each visit) with my brother using the women's bathroom (his first trip he was 5 and most recent trip that he used the women's room was 14) and not a single time did anyone say anything, most people didn't even notice him. I'm guessing I've been in the situation enough times to have run into someone who has a problem with it if it was really the majority, yet I haven't.

If I saw a 14 year old boy that didn't appear to have any special circumstances going on I'd be finding a CM. That's outrageous.

I've emailed Disney before on this issue and been advised that even if the person has special needs 10 years old is the max age they would allow in the opposite gender restroom. 14? Dear god.

If I saw a 14 year old boy that didn't appear to have any special circumstances going on I'd be finding a CM. That's outrageous.

I've emailed Disney before on this issue and been advised that even if the person has special needs 10 years old is the max age they would allow in the opposite gender restroom. 14? Dear god.
I didn't say it was right, I said it happened and we had no issues with anyone being bothered by it. Is that their actual policy? That is good to know they actually have rules about it so it can't be left up to how any individuals feel about it at any given time. Thanks for that information.

I didn't say it was right, I said it happened and we had no issues with anyone being bothered by it. Is that their actual policy? That is good to know they actually have rules about it so it can't be left up to how any individuals feel about it at any given time. Thanks for that information.

I don't know if it's written down anywhere but that's what GR email back. I'm sure they felt it was necessary to put an age limit in place.

And my real life experiences suggest that most don't have a problem with it. I have yet to come across anyone in real life who does have a problem. Taking into consideration that I have been to wdw and universal 13 times (multiple days each visit) with my brother using the women's bathroom (his first trip he was 5 and most recent trip that he used the women's room was 14) and not a single time did anyone say anything, most people didn't even notice him. I'm guessing I've been in the situation enough times to have run into someone who has a problem with it if it was really the majority, yet I haven't.
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: People don't say anything because they are polite and don't want to cause conflict. It absolutely does not mean that nobody is bothered by it. And I guarantee you that EVERYBODY noticed him. Many 14 year olds are already shaving.

How horrible for a young man of 14 to have to be humiliated like that by being dragged into the ladies room. How sad that the parents are validating his fears by bringing him into the ladies room rather than helping him overcome his fears.

No 14 year old should be in a ladies room. Even my friends with children with special needs will seek out companion restrooms rather than bringing a young man into the ladies restroom.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: People don't say anything because they are polite and don't want to cause conflict. It absolutely does not mean that nobody is bothered by it. And I guarantee you that EVERYBODY noticed him. Many 14 year olds are already shaving.

How horrible for a young man of 14 to have to be humiliated like that by being dragged into the ladies room. How sad that the parents are validating his fears by bringing him into the ladies room rather than helping him overcome his fears.

No 14 year old should be in a ladies room. Even my friends with children with special needs will seek out companion restrooms rather than bringing a young man into the ladies restroom.
No one dragged him anywhere. But thanks for your input

Because your ds is 5, and was younger on previous trips. You may find that the older your ds gets there may be people with a problem with him in the woman's room. I know you don't care and ignore that anyway but thought I'd just repeat for the 100th time before this thread is gone.

FTR, If I saw a 14 year old boy in the woman's room I'd have a problem with it. I know people IRL that would too. Your experiences don't count for everyone's, I do hope one day you will learn to consider that.

Totally if I saw a 14 year old boy in the ladies room i'd ask him to leave and if he didn't i'd be going to get security.

This thread has gotten beyond ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter