Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

I.HATE.CANCER.

Sweethart, you do whatever you need to do in your life, we will be here when you can come back. I will keep you in my thoughts for everyone in your life. :grouphug:

Kathy I am so sorry for all the heartache you are going through now. I hope that your mom can at least be as pain free as possible!

Definitely will continue to pray for Alisha, especially with the visit to the Mayo Clinic tomorrow.

And I am really so sorry about Andy's friend - that just, well, it sucks. To have a life like that cut short and with such a young child, it is hard to understand "why" at times. I try to always think that there is a reason and a plan behind everything, but sometime is it hard. Definitely will pray for them as well - miracles to happen ... and, even if it isn't always obvious how (heck, you may never even know) positives can come from negatives

An Happy Birthday to Mia! She's a cutie and enjoy being a Great Aunt!

I'm so glad you guys went on this trip! It looks like a lovely first day and it's so great that Disney extended your annual passes.

I'm so so sorry to hear about all the cancer in your life right now. My thoughts are with you and all of your family. I'm glad you have a great nephew or niece to look forward to though! :hug:

Kathy, I have been a long time "lurker" on the boards and finally have decided to post. :coffee: I have enjoyed reading about all of your adventures.

Looking forward to reading about your trip. I hope to got to Food and Wine next year!

My thoughts and prayers go with you and your family as you go through some difficult stuff.:flower3:

Oh Kathy. That's an awful lot on one plate. I am so sorry to hear about the health issues your family is dealing with right now and will keep you in my thoughts.
I did see the Cocktails and Chemo links you've been posting but I didn't realize it was someone so close. Absolutely tragic. I'll keep them in my thoughts as well.

On the happier side of things, congratulations on the new grand-neice!

I knew work would be busy and keep me off the DIS for a bit. Unfortunately, other things have kept me off.

My mom has pneumonia; they hoped to keep her home with antibiotic. Today she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance because she couldn't breathe very well at all. They did a cat scan today and she has Lung cancer in both lungs. She had a small mass for about six months and that one has stayed stable. However, her other lung has a huge mass. They won't know for sure until tomorrow, but it is probably Stage 4.

Oh my goodness Kathy! I am so sorry to hear this! I will keep your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Alisha goes to Mayo on Friday for her appointments and that has been on my mind nonstop.

Alisha will also be in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed quick!

And, for those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, you have seen my sharing of "Cocktails and Chemo." This is a friend of Andy's that he played baseball with in high school. Joe has colon cancer for the second time and there is nothing further that they can do. It has spread. They took him to the hospital last night with kidney failure. He is 31 years old and will be leaving a wife and a young daughter under age one. It is just heartbreaking and I've been keeping friends posted on it.

This is so tragic. The same thing happened to one of my friends. She also was 31, and passed this summer. I can only hope at this point he and his family have some quality last moments together. I will keep them all in my thoughts.

Some good news is that I am going to be a great Aunt hopefully before the night is over. The brother that I'd not talked to in four years, Chuck, is going to be a grandpa. We've talked on the phone several times over the last several months. Although we will never be close, we are at least civil and getting along. Any way, his son (my nephew) and his girlfriend are having a baby girl. She just started pushing.

Yay! Sometimes it just takes a sliver of good to make all the bad turn around!

I do hope to get an update done tomorrow or Friday for sure. And I promise to get caught up on all of your reports as soon as I can.

Take your time! You have much more going on than most could handle. Sending good vibes your way!

:hug: Ms. Kat, I won't say much because this sort of thing is still so fresh for me, but just know I'm lifting you up and I'm thinking of you and your family, a lot.

I know how hard this is and know how much support you need right now. We're all here for you, sweet lady. We're all here. :hug:

Oh Kathy I am so sorry for all the sickness surrounding you. CANCER SUCKS! Just know you have all of us here on the DIS to come to for support if your feeling down. :grouphug:

Your niece is adorable! Congrats Aunt!

Sending you and your family my thoughts and prayers.:goodvibes

Kathy, :hug: CANCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so very sorry to hear about your Mom and that she is short of breath, I pray she is breathing easier in the hospital. Joe's story breaks my heart. Best wishes to Alisha that she is able to get some answers and direction tomorrow. And what a blessing a new beautiful baby in the family and you reunited with your brother :hug:

To repeat everyone, we are here...take your time, vent, hugs....whatever you need

That's what friends are for

For good times and bad times

I'll be on your side forever more:flower3:

Oh Kathy, this is truly heart breaking. I can't imagine what you're going through and obviously wouldn't want to. Please know you and family are in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

Kathy, I'm truly so sorry for everything that has been going on for you. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers through this difficulty. :hug: I wish that could be a real hug.

Late but I am he , Will go back and fully catch up!!! I have been in the hospital with acute bronchitis and am just getting back into feeling myself again, I thin it was building for about a month as I have had no energy to do anything but work and sleep in a month!! It's good to be back

I knew work would be busy and keep me off the DIS for a bit. Unfortunately, other things have kept me off.

My mom has pneumonia; they hoped to keep her home with antibiotic. Today she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance because she couldn't breathe very well at all. They did a cat scan today and she has Lung cancer in both lungs. She had a small mass for about six months and that one has stayed stable. However, her other lung has a huge mass. They won't know for sure until tomorrow, but it is probably Stage 4.

I'm so sorry to hear this Kathy. I hope she is able to recover quickly from the pneumonia, but I understand how serious her diagnosis is and what her prognosis is. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Alisha goes to Mayo on Friday for her appointments and that has been on my mind nonstop.

I hope she gets some answers. She is far too young and vibrant to be suffering so.

And, for those of you who are friends with me on Facebook, you have seen my sharing of "Cocktails and Chemo." This is a friend of Andy's that he played baseball with in high school. Joe has colon cancer for the second time and there is nothing further that they can do. It has spread. They took him to the hospital last night with kidney failure. He is 31 years old and will be leaving a wife and a young daughter under age one. It is just heartbreaking and I've been keeping friends posted on it.

I am so sorry to hear this. He is so young and he has fought so hard. It just doesn't seem fair.

Some good news is that I am going to be a great Aunt hopefully before the night is over. The brother that I'd not talked to in four years, Chuck, is going to be a grandpa. We've talked on the phone several times over the last several months. Although we will never be close, we are at least civil and getting along. Any way, his son (my nephew) and his girlfriend are having a baby girl. She just started pushing.

Congrats on your beautiful new grand niece. She is precious.

Kathy
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
You are shouldering a heavy burden :hug:

I hope Alisha gets the some answers soon. My heart goes out to Joe and his family at this terrible time. I hope your mom is comfortable and and any pain and discomfort can be managed.

Congrats on the Grand niece !!!! She is a cutie and if that brings you closer to your brother then great.

Kathy, :hug: CANCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so very sorry to hear about your Mom and that she is short of breath, I pray she is breathing easier in the hospital. Joe's story breaks my heart. Best wishes to Alisha that she is able to get some answers and direction tomorrow. And what a blessing a new beautiful baby in the family and you reunited with your brother :hug:

To repeat everyone, we are here...take your time, vent, hugs....whatever you need

That's what friends are for

For good times and bad times

I'll be on your side forever more:flower3:

Oh, Kathy....my heart just aches for you. Jeanette said just about exactly what I was about to write but she has such a sweet way with words.

We are here for you...here, or FB, email or phone...any time 24/7.

My parents had a very similar experience as your mom - I pray she is comfortable now.

Holding Alisha in my thoughts and prayer....

Mia Rose is precious....and what a beautiful name!

My heart is heavy for Joe's family...so very sad.

Our love to you all, dear friend. xoxo

Kathy, I wish I could just hug the stuffing out of you right now!! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with so much at the moment. You and your family will be in my prayers! :hug:

Kathy i am so sorry to hear all this.

Thankfully in all the sadness you had a spark of light with Mia Rose, who is beautiful! and i do love the name.

you will forever be in my thoughts and prayers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter