Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

I was up around 6:15 to get showered and get Mark up. We had to be somewhere for an 8:00 breakfast.
So that's the key to getting somewhere on time. Wake up at 6:15. :worship:

There were so many problems with the monorail, you should be happy they bussed you over. :rolleyes:

So that's what it looks like when no one is on Main St. :rotfl:

We stopped for photopass pictures

Great pic!

We had to head to check in for our ADR, although I stalled a bit because of our friends were running just a tad late, so I took a few more pictures
Ummm...errrrrr.... we almost got there on time.... :rolleyes1

I had Mark stall and told him to check in at the restaurant in about five minutes as I went to greet our friends. A picture of the castle as I walked

Walls walls everywhere. :sad2:

And then I found them. The PP photographer wasn't busy, so I suggested they stop and get some photos before we went to eat

Great pictures!!!

So I could of, quite possibly, forgot to download these pictures. I might be stealing them for my TR. They came out great. :goodvibes

Mark had us checked in and when we got back we were ready to be seated
Good ol Mark!

I think it was Christopher who suggested Mark try these on

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:

Yep, Mel was showing Eeyore the love

Yup. Eeyore is Melody's favorite. ::yes::

Up next was Pooh. And Gabby was not happy. She had to hide by mommy and Pooh felt bad
Poor Gabby. She just never got used to the characters.

I just love his smile
Piglet's or Christopher's? :rotfl:

While eating breakfast, Juliana and I were busy making a bet. She didn't want to try the Puffed French Toast. I told her if she did, that I would do any ride with her. You'll have to read the next update to see who won that bet.
I think she won by eating the tiniest piece you ever did see.

Why did he have us make these faces? I totally forgot we did that.

We got Ana and Christopher alone too

I love this one!

So after we finished a great breakfast and had some group photopass pictures taken, we were headed to our next destination.

On the way, we ran into a rascal who Juliana and Christopher wanted to see.

I don't think many people wanted to see him. There was no line!

Mel, her mom, Christopher, Mark and Gabby headed off to do The People Mover while Tim, Juliana and I headed to our attraction. For those of you who guessed that Juliana won the bet...you are right. And for Dee, who guessed where we were headed, you too were right

Although Juliana said that the puffed French toast was "okay", she did try it and won the bet. And I was going on the ride that I swore I was never going to do again after June. I swear...these DIS kids are trying to kill me.
Hey, you are the one that bet her. Now you know better. :lmao::lmao:

Tim acting like a goof (again)

Hey, if I can't act silly in WDW, where can I act silly?

And to prove I survived...barely

Ana said she wanted to go again. I politely declined.
If by 'Politely declined' you mean screaming and crying 'I'll swear, I'll never go on that ride again!!!!!' Then yes, you 'politely declined'. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We had a lot of fun...and Christopher had fun being in charge of the spin.

Christopher was in charge of spinning? You're lucky you made it off of Buzz in one piece. :lmao:

Mel had a lot of fun...can you tell?

OMG. She would kill you if she knew you posted this. :rotfl2:

Juliana looks really serious in her game

The kids with Zurg

They always get locked up.

As we departed, we saw that there was a character out that Christopher would want to meet so we got in line. While we were waiting, I wanted a picture of me with all the kids. This is the best we could do with Gabby

Gabby just does not pose for pictures. :sad2:

And then, I got one with just Juliana and Christopher

[/QUTOE]
Cute picture!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about Joe. How amazing the baby took her first steps today. He must be smiling down from heaven. :angel:

I'm so sorry to hear about the young wrestler. How devastating. How great of Mark to step up though and speak for the family.

Thank you for mentioning Mira taking her first steps. I hadn't heard that, and I'm sure her daddy was with her when she did that.

I hope you are able to make it to the funeral. Obviously I don't know the family, but I feel like I do after reading the blog and I'm so sad for them. So glad Amanda will continue Cocktails and Chemo, though.

Oh, and the bottom half of your face (I'm pretty sure it's you) makes an appearance in the news story that was posted on the FB page today. You're holding a #JOESTRONG sign and it pans down. It sure looks like your smile!

:rotfl2: Love the ride photos!

Thank you. :goodvibes

I don't blame you on Space Mountain. I can't ride it either.

It used to be a favorite, but not any more.

Oh goodness Kathy. I am praying the dark cloud clears quickly. I am so sorry to hear such a young life is lost. You and Mark are such great people to help both of these families. :hug:

You and me both, friend. Two days in a row is more than I can handle of such heartbreaking news.

I hope Mark is enjoying his new job and having fun with it. Still think he would be better at the Disney store!!! :thumbsup2

I agree; but Target is working for him and it's very close to home so not a long commute.

You both need an escape. Glad you booked!

Yes, I do. I just wish I didn't have to wait 125 or 167 days for it.

Hey there!

:wave2: there back.

I'm behind on just about all of my favorite TRs because I have a ton of end-of-Grad-School-Fall-Semester projects occupying my spare time, but I did drop in on some of the ones I know it's easier to get far behind on to catch up.

Does not sound like fun at all.

I'm so sorry about your friend Joe. I know nothing about that situation other than the passing from cancer you spoke of, but I can definitely speak to hating cancer along with everyone else.

It was a 3 year battle that he went through (and in the 9 months he was in remission he lost his dad to the same cancer). Just heartbreaking.

Stitch is so cute in the fur! I love Space Mountain, too, though I feel sad for you when I see your face in that picture. You're being such a good sport!

What I won't do for my adopted "grandkids."

I absolutely don't blame you for wanting 2014 to be over. You have had a rough year. How terrible for that young wrestler's family. So tragic. The story about the baby taking her first steps made me tear up but you are right, he took those steps with her :(

I cried when I saw Mira Joey taking her first steps; I know Papa Joe was taking each one with her.

Any updates on Alisha? I do hope she has some answers.

Still not completely settled, but she is feeling a bit better (although exhausted after the last two days with looking after Mark as he is devastated with the news.

Kathy, I don't blame you one little bit for wanting this year to be over with. You have had so much to deal with on a personal level that it will be so nice to start a fresh new year.

Yes it will.

Give Mark a hug and tell him how proud I am that he stepped in and spoke for the family. It had to be tough for him to do because he was so close to the young man who was killed.

That son of my continues to amaze me.

I teared up when you spoke of Joe's little girl taking her first steps. Her father will always be watching over her and will see those milestones from Heaven.

I cried off and on because I kept going back to watch it with that little sparkle Mira has in her daddy's eyes.

Finally got a few minutes to sit down and catch up.

YAY!

Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear about Joe and about the young wrestler. It's hard to understand when people are taken from us so young, and I hope their families are doing okay.

I'll never understand it.

Now, on to the happier stuff ...
I love Space Mountain, but I understand why others don't. But you did it and you survived - so congratulations! And kudos for not chickening out on the bet.

I used to love it...and then I got old. I would never go back on a bet/promise.

Cute Buzz Lightyear pictures! You look like you're very seriously trying to teach Christopher something. But at least that was something everyone can enjoy!

I was trying to help him shoot, but he was more interested in the spinning. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

So that's the key to getting somewhere on time. Wake up at 6:15. :worship:

Ummm....yes that would be the key. ;)

There were so many problems with the monorail, you should be happy they bussed you over. :rolleyes:

As I've stated before, I am NOT a fan of the monorail to begin with. And that is why...ALWAYS problems.

So that's what it looks like when no one is on Main St. :rotfl:

Yep, that's what you missed.

Great pic!

Thanks, Tim.

Ummm...errrrrr.... we almost got there on time.... :rolleyes1

You weren't there too late.

Walls walls everywhere. :sad2:

It was so depressing.

Great pictures!!!

So I could of, quite possibly, forgot to download these pictures. I might be stealing them for my TR. They came out great. :goodvibes

You are more than welcome to steal them.

Good ol Mark!

Ya, I guess I'll keep him.

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl:

I'm glad we could humor you.

Yup. Eeyore is Melody's favorite. ::yes::

You can ell by the smile on her face.

Poor Gabby. She just never got used to the characters.

Hopefully by next summer. :)

Piglet's or Christopher's? :rotfl:

Christopher's, silly boy.

I think she won by eating the tiniest piece you ever did see.

Yes she did. I should have made her eat a bigger piece.

Why did he have us make these faces? I totally forgot we did that.

I don't remember...but I think it came out great.

I love this one!

They are gorgeous kids.

I don't think many people wanted to see him. There was no line!

I was shocked when I saw no line.

Hey, you are the one that bet her. Now you know better. :lmao::lmao:

Trust me, it will NEVER happen again. :lmao:

Absolutely no where.

If by 'Politely declined' you mean screaming and crying 'I'll swear, I'll never go on that ride again!!!!!' Then yes, you 'politely declined'. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You had to tell, didn't you? :laughing:

Christopher was in charge of spinning? You're lucky you made it off of Buzz in one piece. :lmao:

He did a great job and he had a blast.

OMG. She would kill you if she knew you posted this. :rotfl2:

THEN DON'T TELL HER!

Juliana looks really serious in her game

They always get locked up.

Are you telling me you lock those poor kids up at home? :lmao::lmao:

Gabby just does not pose for pictures. :sad2:

She will and then you'll be in trouble because she will be a beauty.

And then, I got one with just Juliana and Christopher

[/QUTOE]
Cute picture!!!!!

I like that one too; it's currently the background on my desktop at home. :)

I'm sorry to hear about Joe. How amazing the baby took her first steps today. He must be smiling down from heaven. :angel:

I like to believe he is walking right beside her. They are having a Memorial for him at the high school where he went which is right out my back door and Mark and I will be there.

I'm so sorry to hear about the young wrestler. How devastating. How great of Mark to step up though and speak for the family.

Thanks, Clare. He's made his mom and dad very proud of the man he has become; he is doing a fundraiser for the family as well.

Thank you for mentioning Mira taking her first steps. I hadn't heard that, and I'm sure her daddy was with her when she did that.

Amanda only posted it on her Twitter account and her personal FB page. Trust me, the tears flowed when I saw that sweet baby girl take those steps.

I hope you are able to make it to the funeral. Obviously I don't know the family, but I feel like I do after reading the blog and I'm so sad for them. So glad Amanda will continue Cocktails and Chemo, though.

We will be at the Memorial; I've written Amanda and told her if there was anything I could do to help to just let me know. I am glad she is keeping it going as well. I hope after she has time to grieve that she writes a book. I think she writes so well and I think it would be something special for Mira Joey to have.

Oh, and the bottom half of your face (I'm pretty sure it's you) makes an appearance in the news story that was posted on the FB page today. You're holding a #JOESTRONG sign and it pans down. It sure looks like your smile!

Yes, that was me.

When I last left you, we had just finished riding Buzz and were waiting to see someone Christopher was anxious to see. And soon it was our turn --

(Buzz was getting his stamp for the autograph books)

Grandma jumped in --

Then it was off to hit our next attraction, and I took a few pictures along the way

Mel and Grandma took Juliana and Christopher to do Tomorrowland Speedway. Mark, Tim and Gabby waited outside, trying to find a little shade, while I ran to use the restroom and get us some waters. When I came back, Gabby was having some fun

Look she does smile

I found Ana and Mel

Back to Gabby

It was then time for our next attraction

We all enjoyed our flight with Peter Pan.

Up next, Tim makes me do my other favorite ride

What a great meet. Y'all looked like you had the best time together. What a treat to get to spend so much time together on your trip.
It was well deserved, anticipated and I'm sure lived up to the wait. :goodvibes

Can't wait to see more. :)

I still can't believe Juliana got you to ride Space Mt. :rotfl2: You are such a good sport, Ms. Kat. :thumbsup2 Let it never be said that you don't follow through with what you say you'll do. ::yes::

So sorry to hear more sad news affecting your family- continued prayers!

Enjoying the updates and pictures- y'all look like such a fun lovin' bunch!

One of these days we'll have to get up early and do CP for bf and experience an almost empty Main St. Ron's not one to like to get up early on vacation, but maybe getting to eat bf with Tigger will change his mind!:rotfl:

Cute pictures with Buzz!

Such innocence seeing Gabby play with the Disney wonder around her and she's fascinated by a water bottle. :rotfl:

Great pictures on PP. I have yet to have any come out on that ride.

Uh Oh, I sense IASW coming up. :scared: :rotfl2:

you have SEVERAL pictures of Gabby smiling! granted she isn't looking at the camera in some of them BUT I SEE IT!!! :rotfl:

I think Buzz is a bit creepy looking. My kids never had a desire to meet him because of it. :thumbsup2

ADORE Peter Pan ride!

hope things are getting better! :hug:

So sorry to hear about your friend.

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Oh how easily entertained small children are. Sitting in the middle of the magic kingdom and she gets thrilled over a bottle of water! :lmao:

Looks like it took Christopher a bit of time to warm up to the Buzz meet - but you did get some good pictures at the end. To be fair, Buzz does have a bit of a never-changing-crazed look to him

The speedway is always fun for kids to get to "drive" - do wish they updated the technology of the cars to electric cars or mag-lev or something ... I mean, it is in Tomorrowland after all

Yeah for Peter Pan - such a fun ride ... though challenge to get goo pictures on - your last shot of the pirate sheep flying away is great!

Why is it illegal?
The logo didn't meet the approval of Disney's lawyers. I think it was too close to the Disney Channel logo or something. Heck, I don't remember. They made those shirts probably 4 or 5 years ago.

Based on photographic evidence that can be found all over the Dis, apparently on your front steps or in the shower among other places. :rolleyes1

I'm glad that Gabby finally showed you a smile, Kathy. :lmao: Apparently she just needed some water bottles to entertain herself until she got into a better mood.

Up next, Tim makes me do my other favorite ride
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl: Oh, gosh. I think I know where this is going. :sail:

Hi Kathy! I'm all caught up.

First off I am so very sorry for your loss. :hug: I continue to keep you, your family, and all those you care about in my thoughts and prayers.

Love your last few updates. I got so far behind, I'm not really sure how. Love your pictures of the meet. Your pictures of Crystal Palace are making me so much more excited for our ADR there! I love Tigger and Pooh and can't wait to see them. 115 days left! :cool1:

Love the pictures with Buzz too. I have the Buzz Lightyear sweatshirt so I will have to get a picture with him while wearing it on my next trip! It's a huge joke between my girls and I so I would love to get a picture that I can show to them! :rotfl2:

Boy was I far behind! I saw on FB every time you updated, and never made it over here. Now I am caught up!
First - Frozen fun! How cute was that?
Oh and you and the Marie hat? I must get one for my daughter! Marie is her favorite!

In the BW Studio, that's a queen bed right? It just looked small in the pic. Cute decor in there and you got a nice view! I have yet to stay there, but it's on my list!
LOVE LOVE the pics on empty Main Street!

Tim and Mel have an adorable family! How fun that you got to have breakfast and ride rides with them! Those kids' smiles just light up the place!!! You are such a softie for kids - I would not have made that bet so open-ended to make me ride SM!!

Crystal Palace breakfast is on our agenda for NYE at MK this year! I can't wait!!!

Love the Buzz pics! He is kind of creepy looking, but he's always fun.

You got a good picture of the girls on the Speedway! Nice job!

I love Peter Pan. It's one of my favorites.

Can't wait to hear where you're headed next!

I love the Buzz pictures.

Smiles from Gabby - yay! She should smile more, she has a beautiful smile!

Yay for Peter Pan - I love that ride!

I'm looking forward to seeing what else Tim made you do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter