Lightspeed ahead to a healthier you! April 2016 WISH challenge... all are welcome!

WEEKEND QOTD for April 9-10, 2016..........

Tell us a story about your week using as many Disboard emojis as you can!!

Here is MY story to get us going!

So the last two days were long .... I didn't have to :teacher: or stay home and do :laundy:.... but I did have to leave my poor :cat: home alone and :drive: to another state and then :cheer2: on my DS's team. Some parts of the day were :bored: but some were really:crazy: and then other parts were :jumping1:. After a VERY long day, the team returned to the hotel and decided to go out for dinner. They chose a restaurant that we didn't like, but we didn't want to :stir: up trouble, so we went along with the group. I had a :drinking1 as a treat.... and then DH ordered me a second:drinking1. YIKES! I felt a little:faint: but enjoyed my salad and went back to the hotel. This morning I will :car: to the coliseum to see the matches and then we will have the long :drive: home again tonight.

Sorry that this QOTD isn't :yoda::chewy::darth: related, but I'm kind of feeling :P today!! :chat: you tomorrow!!...................P

Pam, I love your story. I will have to look at the emojis to get thinking about writing a story.

I am having a crappy day today, had some very bad news about someone close to me. But I have decided to not eat my emotions and instead continue on my rather perfect week so far! Posting this resolution here to keep myself accountable. Instead I walked into town and bought some flowers to plant on my balcony - so treated myself with something lasting and getting it even involved exercise. Tonight I am meeting friends for an evening of board games and we will order pizza. I have the calories for that in my budget, but am determined to not eat more than I have accounted for!

My fun things are all mostly in the house, mostly sitting down too :( I am just not at the point where I count going out for a run or to the gym as "fun" but maybe I'll get there!

Sadly, my work computer does not show me the emojis, so you will all have to suffer thru my story without them :) Because I am super focused on my healthy eating choices, I will tell you that I have not "cheated" on my eating plan at all this week, including when my DH brought take-out and my DD brought home an XL pizza! I chose instead to eat healthy proteins and my veggies. For the first time in my life, I actually felt really empowered by making these choices instead of left-out or feeling like "everyone is eating something yummy instead of me"
Also, I am happy to report that none of my kids pooped in any inappropriate places and I managed to feed them all, every day, so that's a bonus :)

Isn't that the best feeling! Getting to the point when you realise how much you are actually doing something good for yourself! Hold on to that feeling of empowerment for those times when you start feeling left out again and then remember back! This is exactly how it has gotten easier for me to get back on track after holidays or vacations.

Check in for the weekend and I lost 4.5 pounds. I'm reeeeally not sure how that happened. I did do a good job of staying within points and working out so I guess it's real. Guess next week I need to eat more! I'm so excited to keep up with only one indulgent meal on the weekend though. I think that helped this week tremendously.

I'm at 75% of my 6 pound loss goal

I also just realized that I'm only 11 pounds from my initial weight loss goal of 170. I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm there but I can't believe how close I'm getting!

Well done! What a great success! And 11 pounds is really getting close!

WEEKLY CHECK IN:

Weight up .5.... The BBQ did show up on the scale Friday morning, but still half a pound is pretty darned OK.

Step goal... Haven't had 12,000 a single day but I've done 10,000 each day since I got back, so moving in the right direction.

Pilates... First class is in the bag but the instructor is out of town next week so there's a delay before I go back. To fill the gap I got a book and will practice some of the very basic moves.

I went jeans shopping and have found some that fit well... Size 14W Not Your Daughters Jeans. I was wearing Lane Bryant size 18, not really sure how the sizing between the brands compares, but I'm glad to have found some that don't droop and bag in the behind. It occurred to me while I was shopping that I am already in the "count down phase" for my WDW trip, which is now just 4 weeks away. I'd normally be shopping for vacation clothes at this point, but want to wait and see if I can get a few more pounds off first. I did work on ADRs this morning... It's a strange and wonderful thing to have just gotten back from m one vacation and be getting ready for the next!

My iPad doesn't display emojis either, so just imagine a bunch smiling and dancing around! Hope all have a happy and healthful weekend!

Ill start from Wednesday up early to :car: youngest son to a friend's place they were off to do stand-up paddle boarding :boat: for 3hrs with a local govt rec centre as part of school holiday activities. One the way back the local radio station :music: had a car beside the river with give aways - hastily did a U-turn :drive: and managed to get a free double pass to the movies popcorn:: for "Eddie the Eagle" with Hugh Jackman which starts in the next few weeks :cool1:. Had a doctors appointment :magnify: to review my blood glucose levels - turned out all ok but still need to lose weight - got referrals for dietician and exercise physiologist. Home to the other 2 kids to do some :laundy: and check the :disrocks:, watched some :happytv: by the afternoon I was feeling like I needed to get out of the house so the 2 kids and I jumped in the :car: and headed to the beach :beach: for a :tiptoe: walk - was feeling a little unwell and dizzy :crazy2: so had to cut the :tiptoe: short :worried:. Went to the local park to meet with other son and friend's mother to drop off clothes as the playday turned into a sleepover - :chat: happened with the mum of course! Thursday a down day nothing much happening :happytv: until had to :car: oldest son to/from part time job - it was a late night pick up he finishes at 10pm on Thursday nights :eek:. Friday forced myself to get up early to go :boat: paddling - I was on my own for this so stayed close to shore - couldn't convince the kids to get out of bed to come with me. :magnify: doctors again for a skin check (have to do them regularly when you live in Queensland and spend lots of time in the sun!) was supposed to have a vitamin B12 shot again but the timing of those have been reduced thanks to the nausea and dizziness. Youngest son got picked up for another play at a friend's house. Some more :laundy: and :happytv:. The home phone which has been slowly dying finally did just that so :car: off to the shops to get a new one and drop oldest son off to work for 2 hours training. princess: DD and I wandered the shops to kill time and as a special treat I shouted her a go on these ride on animals (not real) at the shops that she has been watching all the kids having a go on lately an when I say kids I mean from little ones through to teens. She was very :D and I even got a double from her for a little while lol we had some laughs. Dropped oldest son off for a sleep over with his mates and again a small :hyper2: chat with another mum, home in time for youngest son to get dropped off and more :hyper2: with that mum lol o_O. Saturday :car: to pick up oldest son then home to get youngest son back in the :drive:to get to hockey game lots of :cheer2:was a good game DS almost got a goal but the goalie basically laid down to block him - he was so determined but just couldn't get it ino_O. Home to :laundy: discovered the new phone wasn't working properly the base unit was not getting power :furious: so back in the :car: to drop oldest off at work again and go exchange the phone. Lazy night tonight ordered pizza to be ready for when I had to :drive:pick up oldest son from work at 7pm and watched :happytv: 'Notting Hill' was the movie on tv. We are having a very slow start to Sunday this morning lots of :faint: zzzzz as we have to go back to school/work tomorrow after 2 weeks off!!! :sad: we don't want to go. So that means :car: shopping today to stock up for the week and :laundy: and ironing and I think I am supposed to be :chat: catching up with a friend. Oh and I have done a good job of cutting back on :drinking1 soft drink through the day this week - not perfect yet but definitely improved.

Check in for the week is 20% of goal or 120/600 minutes of activity.

Check in for the weekend and I lost 4.5 pounds. I'm reeeeally not sure how that happened. I did do a good job of staying within points and working out so I guess it's real. Guess next week I need to eat more! I'm so excited to keep up with only one indulgent meal on the weekend though. I think that helped this week tremendously.

I'm at 75% of my 6 pound loss goal

I also just realized that I'm only 11 pounds from my initial weight loss goal of 170. I'm not sure what I'll do when I'm there but I can't believe how close I'm getting!

Fantastic effort - wow getting close to your goal weight woohoo.

I am having a crappy day today, had some very bad news about someone close to me. But I have decided to not eat my emotions and instead continue on my rather perfect week so far!

:hug:

WEEKEND QOTD for April 9-10, 2016..........

I'm just going to be honest with you guys: I don't do emojis. I don't understand them, I don't like to use them, mostly I just pretend they don't exist. Sometimes I try, but I just don't see the point. I'd rather say it with words.
I feel so old when I say that, though...

Anyway ... not much going on here. I've been eating more than I should have today, but I'm trying not to stress about it. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Updating an answer from earlier in the week: one thing I've learned over the past couple of weeks is that I can't take a day off. I'm not someone that can skip a day or have a cheat day or meal or whatever and pick it back up the next day. I rationalize more days off or cheat days way too easily. Does that mean I need to spend 3 hours on the treadmill every single day? No. But on non-treadmill days, I have to work to get the steps in some other way. Either by just doing 30 minutes on the treadmill and then doing other things, or working on the yard, or whatever. Yesterday I got almost 15,000 steps doing yard work. I walked almost 6 miles for the day and it never felt like I was working out to get steps in. But if I say "today's a rest day" and then sit on the couch, then the next day is a rest day, and the next day, and the next day... Food is even more that way for me.

Checking in, this week has been very busy but I promise to keep up next week and to check in on the right day this coming up week! This week I lost 1.1 pound of my 6 pound goal! I am happy with that! This week is a new week and I am hopping for a little bigger number but every littler bit gets me towards my goal in the end!

1.1/6
18%

Okay..... gonna start out with this warning......:offtopic:,
I need a moment and a place to rant, so this is the place and time.... and I am totally honest in saying that if you don't want to read because this truly honestly has NOTHING to do with weight loss, exercise, or anything else even remotely related to this challenge, I understand and I am okay if you just cruise right on by.

DS's robotics team ended yesterday near the bottom of the pack.... they weren't chosen for an alliance and so didn't end up in any of the finals. They did not receive even a SINGLE award (our team is often a shoe-in for the Image Award or Team Spirit Award, at least). Now, I get it.... this is not the end of the world in the grand scheme of life. But I am feeling an overwhelming sadness about this.... I think a big reason is because it means it is OVER. His 9 years of FIRST robotics is over.... and it ended on a sad note. And it seems to be becoming REAL to me that this is the end of his life as a high school student, which means he is that much closer to being out of the house. As long as we had another robotics tournament to look towards, it seemed to keep the "end" at bay. So in addition to being absolutely CRUSHED for my DS and his team in regards to how his team finished their season, I am feeling an overwhelming sadness for me that DS will soon be out of the house and GONE. My heart is absolutely breaking that suddenly my life as a "Mom" and being needed by my kids is over.

I want to run into DS's room right now and grab him and hug him and never let go to try and freeze time. I knew I'd miss DD when she left for school and I cried many, many tears.... but this is suddenly hitting me MUCH harder than I ever imagined. Maybe because when DD left, my best friend was moving away, but I still had "responsibilities" as a Mom with DS still here... but now....

Anyhow... as you were warned, that was a rant and a ramble with no real end. But I had to get it out. I tried SO HARD not to cry yesterday at the event.... I knew that DS was already really sad (as was the entire team and parents and mentors), and I didn't want him to feel some sort of misplaced guilt for my sadness. And when I got home late last night I just said goodnight and dropped into bed .... but I was awake very early this morning and cannot seem to shake this sad feeling today. I have a physical ache in my gut right now..... but I need to get it out and get over it before DS is up and moving.

I know I'll probably feel better tomorrow.... but today is just a sad day for me.

GO HUG YOUR KIDS! .....................P

I need a moment and a place to rant, so this is the place and time.... and I am totally honest in saying that if you don't want to read because this truly honestly has NOTHING to do with weight loss, exercise, or anything else even remotely related to this challenge, I understand and I am okay if you just cruise right on by.

DS's robotics team ended yesterday near the bottom of the pack.... they weren't chosen for an alliance and so didn't end up in any of the finals. They did not receive even a SINGLE award (our team is often a shoe-in for the Image Award or Team Spirit Award, at least). Now, I get it.... this is not the end of the world in the grand scheme of life. But I am feeling an overwhelming sadness about this.... I think a big reason is because it means it is OVER. His 9 years of FIRST robotics is over.... and it ended on a sad note. And it seems to be becoming REAL to me that this is the end of his life as a high school student, which means he is that much closer to being out of the house. As long as we had another robotics tournament to look towards, it seemed to keep the "end" at bay. So in addition to being absolutely CRUSHED for my DS and his team in regards to how his team finished their season, I am feeling an overwhelming sadness for me that DS will soon be out of the house and GONE. My heart is absolutely breaking that suddenly my life as a "Mom" and being needed by my kids is over.

I want to run into DS's room right now and grab him and hug him and never let go to try and freeze time. I knew I'd miss DD when she left for school and I cried many, many tears.... but this is suddenly hitting me MUCH harder than I ever imagined. Maybe because when DD left, my best friend was moving away, but I still had "responsibilities" as a Mom with DS still here... but now....

Anyhow... as you were warned, that was a rant and a ramble with no real end. But I had to get it out. I tried SO HARD not to cry yesterday at the event.... I knew that DS was already really sad (as was the entire team and parents and mentors), and I didn't want him to feel some sort of misplaced guilt for my sadness. And when I got home late last night I just said goodnight and dropped into bed .... but I was awake very early this morning and cannot seem to shake this sad feeling today. I have a physical ache in my gut right now..... but I need to get it out and get over it before DS is up and moving.

I know I'll probably feel better tomorrow.... but today is just a sad day for me.

I'm so sorry that things did not go well for his tournament!! That's so heartbreaking when you know just how much effort they put in.

I will say from a recently out of the house child perspective, you never stop needing your mommy. I text my mom daily and see her at least once a week. Just the other day I texted her and asked for a recipe, and the day before that I asked if it was possible to eat too many bananas in one day (lol). So I will say that I envision myself to be 70 still asking my mom questions and for advice. Because you always need a mom.

I will also say that this part is the best part of the mother/daughter relationship to date. I love where my mom and I are at. She's my best friend, my cheerleader and my confidant.

I don't know if that really makes you feel any better so :hug:. I hope things get better!

Just popping in to post this weeks results. Be back tomorrow for catching up!

Thrilled to post that as of 10 min ago I'm at 100% of my 3lb goal. I am barely under 180 but I'll take it! I guess having a super short term goal worked for me to get in gear these past 10 days! Now I just have to maintain (or loose more!) until Thursday morning....

Sending you lots of hugs!
It's definitely hard to see someone you care so much about being sad. It's definitely going to be hard for you when he leaves for school, but ... enjoy the time you have with him now. And remember that when he goes off to school, he doesn't stop being your son ... you just get an opportunity to create a new relationship with him as an adult.
He'll always be your son and you'll always be his mom. The tough part is navigating the changes in that relationship.

Quick check in. Just finished my long run: 6.35 km (3.95 miles) in 45 minutes. Very happy with this and I still have nearly two months to go until my 10k. The great thing is that I could have gone on, but since I want to build distance slowly, I did stick with my 45 minute goal. Next Sunday I will increase the distance again.

Hugs to you today!

Pam, I have been there and done that and it is not easy:grouphug:. I too spent so much time with ds2 while he was in high school between band and play we spent a great deal of time together.

There is a Dr. Seuss quote that makes a lot of sense but it is hard to accept as parents.

"Don't cry because it is over but smile because it happened."

:grouphug: from someone who knows what it is like

Pam, sending you a big hug! :grouphug:

I'm so sorry that things did not go well for his tournament!! That's so heartbreaking when you know just how much effort they put in.

I will say from a recently out of the house child perspective, you never stop needing your mommy. I text my mom daily and see her at least once a week. Just the other day I texted her and asked for a recipe, and the day before that I asked if it was possible to eat too many bananas in one day (lol). So I will say that I envision myself to be 70 still asking my mom questions and for advice. Because you always need a mom.

I will also say that this part is the best part of the mother/daughter relationship to date. I love where my mom and I are at. She's my best friend, my cheerleader and my confidant.

I don't know if that really makes you feel any better so :hug:. I hope things get better!

Sending you lots of hugs!
It's definitely hard to see someone you care so much about being sad. It's definitely going to be hard for you when he leaves for school, but ... enjoy the time you have with him now. And remember that when he goes off to school, he doesn't stop being your son ... you just get an opportunity to create a new relationship with him as an adult.
He'll always be your son and you'll always be his mom. The tough part is navigating the changes in that relationship.

Hugs to you today!

Pam, I have been there and done that and it is not easy:grouphug:. I too spent so much time with ds2 while he was in high school between band and play we spent a great deal of time together.

There is a Dr. Seuss quote that makes a lot of sense but it is hard to accept as parents.

"Don't cry because it is over but smile because it happened."

:grouphug: from someone who knows what it is like

Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL for the love, hugs, kind words and support. I am feeling a little better now. DS woke up in a good mood.... he isn't the type to let things drag him down for long and that made me feel better. Plus he came right in to sit and snuggle with me for a bit when he got up..... like he intuitively KNEW what I needed today!

Dona, I do LOVE that saying....it may have to be my mantra for the next few months (or years!). And I knew, as the Mom of grown boys, that you would definitely understand how I was feeling.

DS and I spent some time today looking at his three top choices for schools online and planning out a road trip for next weekend to try and get to all of them... not sure if will all happen in one weekend, but he needs to give all of the schools an answer by 5/1, so we don't have much time left to do this!

I've been torn today between letting this be a day to rest and relax a bit after a crazy few days.... but I'm not one to sit still much, so I've also been tempted to get into some sort of big project today. I've found a happy medium with some housework, laundry, cleaning out a closet, some Pinterest time, and watching some tv with my men. Seems like it is one more "high carb" day for DH (the popcorn pot is dirty), so I've offered to make homemade pizza for them for dinner (you think they'd be tired of pizza and burgers after three days of them!). I'll probably make myself a low carb flatbread pizza. Eating for most of the weekend was a combination of right-on-track with a bit of "why-did-I-eat-that?" thrown in (mostly in liquid "hops and barley" form). I refuse to "throw in the towel" and eat like crap today though. The next bite is a chance to get it right?.... RIGHT??!!

I'll be back in the morning with a fresh and fun QOTD!!..........................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter