LINK TO MY TR POSTED 10/30 - I'm Ali & I'm Addicted to Disney Planning - Oct '10 PTR

As of today, I only have 7 more days of work and 12 total days until we get to WDW!

On Saturday I get to do online resort check-in and on Tuesday I get to fax in my room request! :woohoo:

I finally decided to start a Twitter account (mostly so I could follow other DISers while they're in WDW!) which I will be updated from WDW. Until then, I'll be boring and probably not posting anything, but if anyone want to follow me, I'm AliCatAstrophe. I'll also be updating my FB with pics so if anyone wants to friend me, just send me a PM!

In other news, I made a mathematical error (which is nothing new...I'm TERRIBLE in math!) when calculating how much PTO (paid time off) I had in relation to our trip. I knew I needed 80 hours so a few months ago, I added it all up and found that I would be way over that amount. So randomly, I started taking half days and things like that....

Well of course, on Sunday night, the dog got sick. She has been sick (out the back end :rolleyes: ) in the hallway, the living room, the kitchen, and the bathroom. But of course, I have no PTO available because I discovered that I will be 14 hours in the negative when we come back from Florida! We can go up to 16! So I have no wiggle room with which to take her to the vet. They told me this morning I could drop off a sample without an appointment...but of course, I had already cleaned up the floor and I couldn't get her to go again (figures!) before I left for work.

I ended up being 10 minutes late to work today, so now I have to get here 10minutes early tomorrow to make it up, PLUS I have to stop at the vet's.

So today I was totally stressed out. I cried the whole way to work because I was already having such a terrible morning. Then I get here, and they surprise me with the Employee of the Month award! It totally made me feel so much better! I got a $25 gift card to Olive Garden (YUM!) and a parking pass for a front row parking space for the month of October...of couse, I will only be able to enjoy 7 days of it! :laughing: But I feel like it's God saying "hey - you're working hard and you deserve a little something!" And I do love me some Olive Garden! Even if it is 4 days worth of WW points in one meal! :rotfl2:

Oohh! And my new sandals/flip-flops that I ordered from Old Navy came in! I'll try to post pics of the sandals if I remember. I got 3 pairs of flip-flops and the sandals for $24...all on clearance! I just have to wash two more pairs of capris and my packing will be totally done!

I walked in the new caramel shop in Germany on our way to dinner. Had to leave it smelled SO GOOD:lmao:
Congrats on the award! I had to snicker though, you keep saying you read books and spend time on DIS all day! Just kidding, you must be great at customer service! You could work at Disney:goodvibes!

Congratulations on Employee of the Month!!! It never seems to fail when you think you have everything under control the unexpected comes up. Hope the pup is doing better.

Congrats on employee of the month! I hope your dog feels better soon :(

I'm on twitter as geekybaker, so I'll follow you :teeth:

As of today, I only have 7 more days of work and 12 total days until we get to WDW!

On Saturday I get to do online resort check-in and on Tuesday I get to fax in my room request! :woohoo:

I finally decided to start a Twitter account (mostly so I could follow other DISers while they're in WDW!) which I will be updated from WDW. Until then, I'll be boring and probably not posting anything, but if anyone want to follow me, I'm AliCatAstrophe. I'll also be updating my FB with pics so if anyone wants to friend me, just send me a PM!

In other news, I made a mathematical error (which is nothing new...I'm TERRIBLE in math!) when calculating how much PTO (paid time off) I had in relation to our trip. I knew I needed 80 hours so a few months ago, I added it all up and found that I would be way over that amount. So randomly, I started taking half days and things like that....

Well of course, on Sunday night, the dog got sick. She has been sick (out the back end :rolleyes: ) in the hallway, the living room, the kitchen, and the bathroom. But of course, I have no PTO available because I discovered that I will be 14 hours in the negative when we come back from Florida! We can go up to 16! So I have no wiggle room with which to take her to the vet. They told me this morning I could drop off a sample without an appointment...but of course, I had already cleaned up the floor and I couldn't get her to go again (figures!) before I left for work.

I ended up being 10 minutes late to work today, so now I have to get here 10minutes early tomorrow to make it up, PLUS I have to stop at the vet's.

So today I was totally stressed out. I cried the whole way to work because I was already having such a terrible morning. Then I get here, and they surprise me with the Employee of the Month award! It totally made me feel so much better! I got a $25 gift card to Olive Garden (YUM!) and a parking pass for a front row parking space for the month of October...of couse, I will only be able to enjoy 7 days of it! :laughing: But I feel like it's God saying "hey - you're working hard and you deserve a little something!" And I do love me some Olive Garden! Even if it is 4 days worth of WW points in one meal! :rotfl2:

Oohh! And my new sandals/flip-flops that I ordered from Old Navy came in! I'll try to post pics of the sandals if I remember. I got 3 pairs of flip-flops and the sandals for $24...all on clearance! I just have to wash two more pairs of capris and my packing will be totally done!

:woohoo: Not long until your are in WDW!!!

Sorry about your dog. I hope it is nothing serious.

:thumbsup2 Congrats on employee of the month! I think you are right...you deserve something for working so hard!

Hope your dog is okay and congrats on being EotM!
Sounds like you need a spreadsheet to manage your PTO. Given how organised you've been at planning your Disney trip, I'm pretty sure you'd rock this if you decided to start one. :rotfl2:

I gave Dana my cell number so we meet up at the Halloween Party on the 26th if you guys want to! We'll play it by ear and see what happens that night. I'll be sure to look for you at CSR! If you see us, stop and say hi! I'm usually not paying attention to my surroundings (which is how I got us lost at POP last year! :rotfl2: In the rain!)

Sounds like a plan to me. Hopefully we'll have a mini DisMeet at MNSSHP on the 26th. :woohoo:
I know another Diser who will be there with a friend. We haven't made plans to catch up (yet) but I might do the same with her and see if she wants to catch up as well.

Congratulations on the Employee of the Month award. Great how God steps in and gives us that great big hug or pat on the back just when we need it most. Hope your pup feels better soon too, that's not fun stuff.

I had to laugh when I read that you are considering park hoppers now. You are too funny, I am sure i will be all crazy too. I actually looked over all my plans the other day and have no desire to change anything. AMAZING. But changing things for all 6 of us isn't easy. I am battling with this whole midday break thing everyone says is necessary with kids. We didn't do it last time in 07, so I doubt we'll do it now.

7 days of work left huh? LUCKY!!! I can't imagine having as much time off as what you will have. Although I did back in July/August but I was out from surgery so it hardly counts. I did do some thinking though and we are to be at Disney 2/11 through 2/19, so I think I am taking 2/9 through 2/21 off. That's definitely the longest time I have ever taken off.

I walked in the new caramel shop in Germany on our way to dinner. Had to leave it smelled SO GOOD:lmao:
Congrats on the award! I had to snicker though, you keep saying you read books and spend time on DIS all day! Just kidding, you must be great at customer service! You could work at Disney:goodvibes!

My job is kind of broken up into two parts. The first part is to work out of our computer based program, sending requests for claim reviews back to the appropriate department. Since we have been bought out and none of our plans are renewing, the work has started to dwindle severely. If I process 25 requests a day, I am lucky. The other part of my job involves actually being on the phone. I take calls from regular reps that become escalated (so if someone calls in and wants a supervisor, they have to go through me first to see if I can resolve it. If not, then it goes to a supervisor). The problem with that though, is that I don't have a permanent shift. I'm just a back-up. So if someone with a regular shift is off, I take their shift. Sometimes 3 shifts a day get put on me. It's not bad because again, the work has dwindled. I sat here for 2.5 hours on Monday and didn't get one call. So I'm doing the work that is available, but everyone is in the same boat. I technically got the EotM award because people are thankful for me always covering for them when they're out. :thumbsup2 So even though I'm not really doing anything when I'm on the phones, I can't get up and walk around or use the internet. So I'm literally strapped to my desk for however long the shift is.

Congratulations on Employee of the Month!!! It never seems to fail when you think you have everything under control the unexpected comes up. Hope the pup is doing better.

Thanks Kathy! :goodvibes Her personality is completely normal...I just can't get her to stop....well...you know ;)

Congrats on employee of the month! I hope your dog feels better soon :(

I'm on twitter as geekybaker, so I'll follow you :teeth:

Thanks!
I added you and I'm following you. I'm totally new to Twitter so I was so lost for the first 2 days I was on it. I had to keep asking Lumar to help me!

:woohoo: Not long until your are in WDW!!!

Sorry about your dog. I hope it is nothing serious.

:thumbsup2 Congrats on employee of the month! I think you are right...you deserve something for working so hard!

I know! Only 11 more days, not counting today and only 6 more days of work!!

And thank you! It's nice to feel appreciated, even when the work isn't all that demanding! I'm the only one who backs up my team so when 3 people are out, I cover 3 shifts in one day. Again, it's not hard...it's just nice to know that they appreciate me always having their backs!

Hope your dog is okay and congrats on being EotM!
Sounds like you need a spreadsheet to manage your PTO. Given how organised you've been at planning your Disney trip, I'm pretty sure you'd rock this if you decided to start one. :rotfl2:

Sounds like a plan to me. Hopefully we'll have a mini DisMeet at MNSSHP on the 26th. :woohoo:
I know another Diser who will be there with a friend. We haven't made plans
to catch up (yet) but I might do the same with her and see if she wants to catch up as well.

Thanks! I dropped off a "sample" to the vet this morning. Hopefully it's not a parasite but they should be calling me soon to let me know.

We have a system that is supposed to calculate our PTO for us but the problem is that we credited or our PTO on the Tuesday of payweek. So for example, we get paid again on 10/15 and my PTO will be applied to my "bank" on 10/12. But any PTO I take won't be deducted until the FOLLOWING pay week. So it's all screwy. I give up! LOL

A mini-Dismeet at the 10/26 MNSSHP sounds good to me! :)

Me too! I'm supposed to be meeting up with HeatherBelle and her hubby at the party, too! You have my number, Dana, so just text me that night and we'll play it by ear! :thumbsup2

Congratulations on the Employee of the Month award. Great how God steps in and gives us that great big hug or pat on the back just when we need it most. Hope your pup feels better soon too, that's not fun stuff.

I had to laugh when I read that you are considering park hoppers now. You are too funny, I am sure i will be all crazy too. I actually looked over all my plans the other day and have no desire to change anything. AMAZING. But changing things for all 6 of us isn't easy. I am battling with this whole midday break thing everyone says is necessary with kids. We didn't do it last time in 07, so I doubt we'll do it now.

7 days of work left huh? LUCKY!!! I can't imagine having as much time off as what you will have. Although I did back in July/August but I was out from surgery so it hardly counts. I did do some thinking though and we are to be at Disney 2/11 through 2/19, so I think I am taking 2/9 through 2/21 off. That's definitely the longest time I have ever taken off.

Thanks, Tav! I'm sooooo sick of cleaning up poop I can't even describe it! :laughing: I literally cried in the car on the way to work yesterday...I'm just so exhausted from this whole situation!

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about that last park day yet. I do want to see the Main Street Electrical Parade, but only because it's like a once in a lifetime shot. I assume at the end of this year (if not sooner) they will go back to Spectro. And I'd rather be watching Illuminations. So I don't know what to do. We'll probably decide that morning.

SIX more days of work! I started to schedule our vacations so that we come back on a Friday so I don't have to go right back to work the next day. We used to leave on Friday and come back on the following Saturday but it's cheaper to fly out during the week and it's also cheaper to only stay in WDW for one weekend as opposed to two. So for this year, I switched it up and we're leaving on Tueday, I added an extra non-park day, and we're coming back on a Friday. We saved a lot of money that way! With our 35% PIN discount and the GAD passes, we only paid like $1795 for 10 nights and 7 day base tickets for the two of us. And our airfare was only about $200 R/T per person. It cost us over $300 per person last year.

SIX more days of work! I started to schedule our vacations so that we come back on a Friday so I don't have to go right back to work the next day. We used to leave on Friday and come back on the following Saturday but it's cheaper to fly out during the week and it's also cheaper to only stay in WDW for one weekend as opposed to two. So for this year, I switched it up and we're leaving on Tueday, I added an extra non-park day, and we're coming back on a Friday. We saved a lot of money that way! With our 35% PIN discount and the GAD passes, we only paid like $1795 for 10 nights and 7 day base tickets for the two of us. And our airfare was only about $200 R/T per person. It cost us over $300 per person last year.

Yay for 6 more days of work! :woohoo: I wish I only had 6 work days til my trip! I'm getting so sick of my job, I can't wait to have a break from it! I have 24 and a half days left! :rotfl:

I can't stand going right back to work after a vacation, I need a day to recover! As much as I'd like that extra day in Disney and to come home on a Sunday, I can't do it, I have to come home on a Saturday. :)

Yay for 6 more days of work! :woohoo: I wish I only had 6 work days til my trip! I'm getting so sick of my job, I can't wait to have a break from it! I have 24 and a half days left! :rotfl:

I can't stand going right back to work after a vacation, I need a day to recover! As much as I'd like that extra day in Disney and to come home on a Sunday, I can't do it, I have to come home on a Saturday. :)

It's much more bearable when you just think about how many work days are left, isn't it? :laughing:

I know! We used to go from Saturday to Sunday and then I'd have to go right back to work on Monday. It was awful! I think coming back on Friday this year is going to be even better because I'll have Saturday and Sunday to get some sleep! I read a quote a while back that said something like "there is no man in more need of a vacation, than the man who just returned from one" and it's probably the truest thing ever said. Especially for someone who just got back from Disney! :rotfl2:

My job is kind of broken up into two parts. The first part is to work out of our computer based program, sending requests for claim reviews back to the appropriate department. Since we have been bought out and none of our plans are renewing, the work has started to dwindle severely. If I process 25 requests a day, I am lucky. The other part of my job involves actually being on the phone. I take calls from regular reps that become escalated (so if someone calls in and wants a supervisor, they have to go through me first to see if I can resolve it. If not, then it goes to a supervisor). The problem with that though, is that I don't have a permanent shift. I'm just a back-up. So if someone with a regular shift is off, I take their shift. Sometimes 3 shifts a day get put on me. It's not bad because again, the work has dwindled. I sat here for 2.5 hours on Monday and didn't get one call. So I'm doing the work that is available, but everyone is in the same boat. I technically got the EotM award because people are thankful for me always covering for them when they're out. :thumbsup2 So even though I'm not really doing anything when I'm on the phones, I can't get up and walk around or use the internet. So I'm literally strapped to my desk for however long the shift is.

That is why you deserve it then! I hope you did not think I was serious before, I was really just joking:) I can't imagine working for a job that you know is ending, bittersweet feeling I imagine.

That is why you deserve it then! I hope you did not think I was serious before, I was really just joking:) I can't imagine working for a job that you know is ending, bittersweet feeling I imagine.

Oh no, I know you were just messing with me! :goodvibes

I will miss a couple of my friends and of course, starting over at a new job stinks. But I really won't miss this place!

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS OF WORK!! I GET TO DO ONLINE CHECK-IN TOMORROW!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I will miss a couple of my friends and of course, starting over at a new job stinks.

God, tell me about it. When I lost my job at Disney, I couldn't find work for several months and then I wound up getting my CNA certification in the state of Illinois and have been working since. I moved home in January 09, got into the class in May, got certified in August, worked at my old job until October when I got hired at my new one, and started there right after Halloween. But omg I miss my Disney friends! Where else can you have a sword fight backstage with brooms or blow bubbles for kids or watch the fireworks and get PAID for it? :lmao: I miss those people so much :(

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS OF WORK!! I GET TO DO ONLINE CHECK-IN TOMORROW!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

YAY! I have seven more days of work :) Three this weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), then next Wednesday and Thursday, then the following Monday and Tuesday. And yay for doing online check-in tomorrow! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

:woohoo:

I just had to totally agree with you on the coming back on a friday thing. This time, I got home around midnight and the very next morning I had a meeting for work. Then it was right straight into the busiest week of work in the month. It was really bad. I just now feel like I am getting back into a routine. So, I think having that "break" between the trip and work is a very very wise idea. I wish I had been so wise. ;)

God, tell me about it. When I lost my job at Disney, I couldn't find work for several months and then I wound up getting my CNA certification in the state of Illinois and have been working since. I moved home in January 09, got into the class in May, got certified in August, worked at my old job until October when I got hired at my new one, and started there right after Halloween. But omg I miss my Disney friends! Where else can you have a sword fight backstage with brooms or blow bubbles for kids or watch the fireworks and get PAID for it? :lmao: I miss those people so much :(

YAY! I have seven more days of work :) Three this weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday), then next Wednesday and Thursday, then the following Monday and Tuesday. And yay for doing online check-in tomorrow! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Lumar's brother did the CP too and he talks about how much he misses it all the time. Lumar and I have talked about moving down there and working there but we feel like it might kill the magic for us. This is the one thing we look foward to every year - the planning, the booking, the counting down, and even the packing! I feel like if we went to live and work there, we would lose all of that.

:woohoo:for 7 more days!

Here's to FIVE more days of work:

:dancer::dancer:
:dancer::dancer::dancer:

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hey question for you, BTW (since you're here!) - do you know if they sell half & half at CSR (like at Cafe Rix)? I'm thinking of bringing my own bag of DD coffee but I won't have a way to bring half & half and milk just doesn't cut it for me! :rotfl2:

:woohoo:

I just had to totally agree with you on the coming back on a friday thing. This time, I got home around midnight and the very next morning I had a meeting for work. Then it was right straight into the busiest week of work in the month. It was really bad. I just now feel like I am getting back into a routine. So, I think having that "break" between the trip and work is a very very wise idea. I wish I had been so wise. ;)

You live and learn! That is what happened to us too! My step-dad brought us to Florida in 2004 and we went from Saturday to Sunday and going back to work on Monday was the worst (and I had a pretty low key job at the time). For the past few years we have come back on Saturday, but coming back on Friday and having two days to rest, I think will be better. :thumbsup2

Someone at my job is eating a hotdog and fries for lunch and it smells like Casey's! GOSH I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Hey question for you, BTW (since you're here!) - do you know if they sell half & half at CSR (like at Cafe Rix)? I'm thinking of bringing my own bag of DD coffee but I won't have a way to bring half & half and milk just doesn't cut it for me! :rotfl2:

Good question...because I don't use it. Let me look at the CSR pictures of Panchitos and see if I can tell if it is there. Cafe Rix is more of a grab & go place for sandwiches, little cartons of jucie and milk, sweet rolls, etc. I do know they have those tiny little packages like you get in a restaurant at a table.

Good question...because I don't use it. Let me look at the CSR pictures of Panchitos and see if I can tell if it is there. Cafe Rix is more of a grab & go place for sandwiches, little cartons of jucie and milk, sweet rolls, etc. I do know they have those tiny little packages like you get in a restaurant at a table.

Even those would work, to be honest! You don't have to scour the pics - I was just curious. I could probably find it somewhere. I originally wanted to place an order from Garden Grocer but they say you have to be there for delivery and we probably won't be able to arrange that. Our flight gets in at 2...we probably won't get to CSR until AT LEAST 3...then we have dinner ressies at either 4 or 430...then we're heading to the Halloween Party after that. It would be REALLY convenient to have some stuff delivered but I just don't think we could make it work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter