LINK TO MY TR POSTED 10/30 - I'm Ali & I'm Addicted to Disney Planning - Oct '10 PTR

I know! I will post pics and updates on FaceBook so make sure you watch for me! I can't believe I only have 4 more days of work! :hyper:

Yeah, my mom got it one year and was also sick for about 2 weeks afterwards. The risks just don't seem worth it! What's the point in getting it if you're just gonna get sick anyway? :confused3

And of course, I jinxed myself...my throat is killing me again! :rolleyes: I feel ok otherwise but I think I probably will not have a voice tomorrow...and I'm supposed to be on the phones for a couple hours! :headache:

My husband SWEARS by Alka-Seltzer cold medicine or Mucinex. But do as your doing...lots of fluids.

My husband SWEARS by Alka-Seltzer cold medicine or Mucinex. But do as your doing...lots of fluids.

The Alka-Seltzer doesn't work for me. The Mucinex DOES, but at the point I don't have any congestion. I used to take the blue, liquid Tylenol - it works WONDERS but it's so nasty! They make it in capsule form now, which does WORK...just slower. And it's not quite as effective on sore throats as the liquid.

Glad you are feelinig better. :thumbsup2

I don't get the flu shot either. The one and ONLY time I got it, I got so sick two weeks later that I missed almost two weeks of work. :eek:

I never got a flu shot until last year...the year before, I got the flu for the first time in my life and it was horrible, I felt like I was going to die, I went back to work after being out for 2 weeks, but I didn't feel better for like, a month. So ever since then, I'm getting flu shots. I've been lucky with them, the only side effect I have is a sore arm for a day or two. Last night i thought I was feeling a little sniffly and I blamed the shot but I think it was just allergies or something because I'm fine today! Some people can get them and can be fine, other people get sick from them, you never know! :confused3

Hope you're feeling better today, Ali! :)

Ali
I hope you feel better soon, and I am glad your puppy is feeling better also. Our pup recently started coughing at night and we could not figure out what was wrong, untill I talked with a friend who also has beagles and it is what they call a reverse sneeze, apparently and after much reasearch it is very common in beagles.:confused3 It sounds and looks like he is hyperventilating but he is fine before and after it is just very scary the first time.:scared:

At least you know you get the sick out of the way! We have a nasty virus in our house. The baby has been sick pretty much since the last day of our vacation. He was so bad this weekend I began to worry about taking him to ED. He is starting to show some signs of improvement today!

So soon now! I get the feeling I would enjoy a Dis meet with you, you have a similar sense of humor and the whole Disney psycho thing (as my son puts it for me).

I never got a flu shot until last year...the year before, I got the flu for the first time in my life and it was horrible, I felt like I was going to die, I went back to work after being out for 2 weeks, but I didn't feel better for like, a month. So ever since then, I'm getting flu shots. I've been lucky with them, the only side effect I have is a sore arm for a day or two. Last night i thought I was feeling a little sniffly and I blamed the shot but I think it was just allergies or something because I'm fine today! Some people can get them and can be fine, other people get sick from them, you never know! :confused3

Hope you're feeling better today, Ali! :)

Thanks, Jen! I'm feeling a little stuffy, but my sore throat has gone away again!

Ali
I hope you feel better soon, and I am glad your puppy is feeling better also. Our pup recently started coughing at night and we could not figure out what was wrong, untill I talked with a friend who also has beagles and it is what they call a reverse sneeze, apparently and after much reasearch it is very common in beagles.:confused3 It sounds and looks like he is hyperventilating but he is fine before and after it is just very scary the first time.:scared:

Thanks! Yeah, she is doing OK. Today was the last day of the meds so I can start getting her on her regular food again. I would freak out if she started making coughing noises! I used to a work in a vet's office/kennel so I'm completely paranoid about kennel cough! And Parsley is so social it would be so easy for her to pick it up! I have to say, I was shocked when the vet told me she didn't have parasites...she eats EVERYTHING! Grass, rabbit turds, carpet fibers, cardboard, any food she finds regardless of where she finds it, she drinks from the toilet, and she plays with rocks. :rolleyes: Lumar wants to get a beagle when we upgrade from our apartment to an actual house. I don't know if my rabbits can tolerate another hunter in the house, though!

At least you know you get the sick out of the way! We have a nasty virus in our house. The baby has been sick pretty much since the last day of our vacation. He was so bad this weekend I began to worry about taking him to ED. He is starting to show some signs of improvement today!

So soon now! I get the feeling I would enjoy a Dis meet with you, you have a similar sense of humor and the whole Disney psycho thing (as my son puts it for me).

Ugh, I do NOT miss those days! My cousin lived with us when she was a baby and once she got sick, EVERYONE got sick. And of course, toddlers are ALWAYS sick because they have to touch everything! Hope you guys all feel better soon!

Yes, I agree about the DIS meet! Maybe one of these trips, you never know!

WOW I can't belive how soon you'll be leaving. When I saw the single digit email I got all excited. I hope you can kick the rest of this cold before you leave too.

So how is online check-in? We haven't been in so long I am curious what it's like. Can you make room requests and what not when you do that? I am excited about it that's for sure.

I am so with you on cleaning and packing like a mad woman. I did the same thing last week before our NC trip. I was up til midnight cleaning and packing and had to be out the door by 4am. I swear each time we go somewhere I wont do that, but it happens. And I am saying it now too that when we go to Disney I am cleaning a few days prior so all I have to do is little stuff, and I am packing the weekend before we go. It'll be winter here so packing all summery and springy clothes shouldn't be an issue.

I am sure we both just laughed at that dream!

WOW I can't belive how soon you'll be leaving. When I saw the single digit email I got all excited. I hope you can kick the rest of this cold before you leave too.

So how is online check-in? We haven't been in so long I am curious what it's like. Can you make room requests and what not when you do that? I am excited about it that's for sure.

I am so with you on cleaning and packing like a mad woman. I did the same thing last week before our NC trip. I was up til midnight cleaning and packing and had to be out the door by 4am. I swear each time we go somewhere I wont do that, but it happens. And I am saying it now too that when we go to Disney I am cleaning a few days prior so all I have to do is little stuff, and I am packing the weekend before we go. It'll be winter here so packing all summery and springy clothes shouldn't be an issue.

I am sure we both just laughed at that dream!

Online check-in was really easy. You can make requests like for a Pack & Play, or a refrigerator, and a couple other amenities but not room requests. You have to fax that in a few days before you leave. I'll be faxing mine in on Thursday. I don't care about a particular room, I just want a specific building.

I found a thread yesterday here on The DIS where people posted the "strangest" thing they bring with them to WDW. I got so many great ideas that I have a whole list of stuff I need to pick up at Walmart now, and I've decided to repack the suitcase by putting all of our clothes in ziplock bags and then pressing all the air out. From what I've been told, it saves a ton of room and you fit more stuff in there. If I can get all of Lumar's clothes and even half of mine into one suitcase, I can use the spare duffle bag for souvenirs (which I'm sure we will have a ton of).

If you do the pressing air out thing, make sure you're careful with the weight! The last thing you need is to get overweight fees :lmao:

If you do the pressing air out thing, make sure you're careful with the weight! The last thing you need is to get overweight fees :lmao:

I got a luggage scale specifically for that purpose! :rotfl2: It got lost somewhere when we moved last year so I didn't have it for our trip in 2009 and of course, our suitcase was like 6lbs overweight! I finally found it and it's sitting on top of the suitcase right now so I don't lose it again!

:lmao: good! I'm just lightly packing my carry-on so that if the checked bag is too heavy, I can move things around :)

:lmao: good! I'm just lightly packing my carry-on so that if the checked bag is too heavy, I can move things around :)

Last year we had our halloween costumes with us that required each of us to have a pair of heavy shoes. Since we were over by like 6lbs, I'm pretty positive it was the shoes that did it. Since we don't have costumes to worry about this year, I'm hoping we'll be OK!

Ali, I'm SO happy to hear your sore throat is gone. :thumbsup2

One more week!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

thanks! I'm happy it's gone, too! I'm little tiny bit congested, but I think I'll be OK by the time we leave next Tuesday! I can't believe it's almost here! I was scrolling through pages of my PTR last night and came across a picture of my countdown board that said "58 Days To Go"! Those days went by so fast!

OMG I'm always so paranoid about my suitcase weighing too much and getting charged! :rotfl: I always end up stuffing things into Brandon's suitcase, since he brings like, nothing, and I pack practically nothing in my carry on except a change of clothes (I do this just in case my checked bag gets lost!), my flat iron (again, in case my checked bag gets lost :rotfl:) and maybe a book and my Disney travel folder, or this year, my binder. I try to keep it light so I can put most of my souvies in it and not worry about weighing down the checked bag!:confused3

I don't know why I went into such a detailed explanation of how I pack! :rotfl:

OMG I'm always so paranoid about my suitcase weighing too much and getting charged! :rotfl: I always end up stuffing things into Brandon's suitcase, since he brings like, nothing, and I pack practically nothing in my carry on except a change of clothes (I do this just in case my checked bag gets lost!), my flat iron (again, in case my checked bag gets lost :rotfl:) and maybe a book and my Disney travel folder, or this year, my binder. I try to keep it light so I can put most of my souvies in it and not worry about weighing down the checked bag!:confused3

I don't know why I went into such a detailed explanation of how I pack! :rotfl:

:rotfl2: It's OK! I totally understand!

A good trick we learned a couple years ago re: souvies is to ship them home from the resort! When we stayed at CSR the first time, in 2007, tried to ship everything home from the gift shop and they told me they couldn't ship them without my receipts showing I purchased them. So I had to buy another bag and repack everything so we could get our stuff home.

When we stayed at POFQ in 2008, I made a point to save all the receipts, brought everything down to the gift shop, and the CM there said I didn't need the receipts, the items just have to have a barcode and a price on them. It cost me $17 to ship home two boxes of stuff!

In 2009, we stayed at POP, and once again I was told we needed the receipts...which of course, I didn't save! Thankfully, I had packed an extra bag for just such an occassion!

This year, I don't plan to buy a whole lot, but I'll be saving my receipts anyway! It's a flat rate, like $8.95, to ship home a full box. You can do it each time you buy something, but they will charge you $8.95 each time. So it's cheaper to just save it all up and take it down to the gift shop.

You might want to call ahead and warn them though. The guy at POFQ was there by himself when I brought down all of our stuff and other customers were upset because we were using the only register. At least if you give them some notice, they can maybe open up another register.

I got my luggage scale for free through work but Target sells the exact same one for $20. CLICK HERE for the link

I can't believe we have just 3 days left until we leave for WDW!! It seems like just yesterday I was at 180 and making my ADRs!

Tonight after work, we're going to Walmart to pick up the rest of the things that we need for our trip.

Tomorrow is going to be a psychotic day for us. I have to pack up our 8 rabbits and then Lumar is going to drop us all off at the shelter in the morning. He is then going to get his haircut, and I will get our bunnies settled in their "vacation home" then start cleaning the shelter cages. When Lumar gets back, he will help me finish up the shelter, then I'm off to a baby shower from 1pm - 4pm.

When I get home from the shower, I have to wash laundry (2 baskets and a full size hamper ...:rolleyes1 ), and I want to repack the suitcases to see if I can make more room. If I can condense my two duffle bags into one duffle and the large suitcase, that would be much better for me. I'll have to see what magic I can work!

I really want Sunday to be a day of REST. Sleeping late if we want and just generally relaxing. I will be exhausted from Saturday and our trip is going to be tiring as well! I won't try to pretend otherwise!

Monday, I am off but Lumar has to work. With him out of the house, I will be able to clean much more effectively. I can get a lot done when he is out of the house so I plan to make our apartment sparkle! Then, I drop Parsley at my dad's house ( :sad: ) and I'll be done!

I'm hoping to use Sunday to catch up on other DISers Trip Reports as I've fallen behind in a few of them. It's hard for me to read from work because my computer here filters out images and it's just not the same! I've tried using my cell phone but it's so slow! So I'm sorry to those who feel I've been neglecting them! It's not on purpose, I assure you!

Yay!!!:woohoo: only a few days to go! I can't believe how fast it gets here. Makes me realize that planning a trip a year in advance wouldn't be so bad...it would get here in no time.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

I can't believe we have just 3 days left until we leave for WDW!! It seems like just yesterday I was at 180 and making my ADRs!

Tonight after work, we're going to Walmart to pick up the rest of the things that we need for our trip.

Tomorrow is going to be a psychotic day for us. I have to pack up our 8 rabbits and then Lumar is going to drop us all off at the shelter in the morning. He is then going to get his haircut, and I will get our bunnies settled in their "vacation home" then start cleaning the shelter cages. When Lumar gets back, he will help me finish up the shelter, then I'm off to a baby shower from 1pm - 4pm.

When I get home from the shower, I have to wash laundry (2 baskets and a full size hamper ...:rolleyes1 ), and I want to repack the suitcases to see if I can make more room. If I can condense my two duffle bags into one duffle and the large suitcase, that would be much better for me. I'll have to see what magic I can work!

I really want Sunday to be a day of REST. Sleeping late if we want and just generally relaxing. I will be exhausted from Saturday and our trip is going to be tiring as well! I won't try to pretend otherwise!

Monday, I am off but Lumar has to work. With him out of the house, I will be able to clean much more effectively. I can get a lot done when he is out of the house so I plan to make our apartment sparkle! Then, I drop Parsley at my dad's house ( :sad: ) and I'll be done!

I'm hoping to use Sunday to catch up on other DISers Trip Reports as I've fallen behind in a few of them. It's hard for me to read from work because my computer here filters out images and it's just not the same! I've tried using my cell phone but it's so slow! So I'm sorry to those who feel I've been neglecting them! It's not on purpose, I assure you!

And here I thought you didn't love me anymore. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

With all that you are planning to do, these next three days are going to fly by. I'm counting down with you. 3.....

3 days!!!! :cool1: :dance3: :banana: I can't believe it!!! I still have 4 weeks!! It's never gonna get here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter