Little boys in the women's restroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Stinkerbelle7531

It is a sad, sad world.

What amazes me is how these mothers became mothers. They dated and married guys who use public restrooms!

Yes...and then they have their mommies call their professors and employers to explain why pumpkin couldn't finish that research project, or sweetpea can't come in to work today because he doesn't feel well...

Stinkerbelle, you are way out of line here. Do you belittle everyone's decisions in real life or do you just like beating up on people on message boards just because they don't agree with you?

I for one really resent your attitude and tone.

You do what is works for your family and I'll do what is right for mine. Hopefully none of our children will need too many years of therapy to recover from our poor parenting.:rolleyes2

I meant the video, not this topic!
I do have to add, I do not let my boys or my girls go to a restroom alone. And my oldest is 17! Why? Let me explain my paranoria...
DD was attacked in a restroom at church of all places. We thought it was a safe place to go to the bathroom alone...WRONG!!! There was a boy hiding in the restroom waiting for a victim, she was it. He had a knife, she was not cut in anyway! Thank God she was older and knew to scream and fight!
Now call me overprotective or whatever but as long as my children are in my home I will do everything(even taking the boys to the women's restroom) in my power to protect them!

***DD is ok but still have issues with knives. And being alone sometimes.

So that is why my sons will continue to go with me to the women's restroom unless their dad is with us. I would never push my views on others, I would just caution them that anything can happen, anywhere(even church and DW).
I guess they will get to an age where the won't anymore, but they are still young now.

I have a differant perspecitive since I have girls. Stories like these are exactly why I want my daughters to trust their instincts when something seems odd or makes them uncomfortable. I've tried to teach them to 1) remove themselves from the situation if possible 2) get the attention of someone they can trust and 3) tell everything that happened.
A boy who is older than they are in a ladies room will definitely set off their alarms so please don't be surprised or offended if they leave the area making a scene. My 5 year old especially can't distinguish between a supervised 7 year old, a special needs 12 year old or a teenage pervert. We are fans of the family restrooms!

And more think very little about facts.

Well here is a fact. I will never leave my child UNATTENDED in ANY public place. I don't look at a men's room or a ladies room as a molestor's lounge. It is no different to me than Main Street in WDW. A child should not be left unattended period.

Yes...and then they have their mommies call their professors and employers to explain why pumpkin couldn't finish that research project, or sweetpea can't come in to work today because he doesn't feel well...:sad2:

Wow, what a lousy and ignorant thing to say.

Stinkerbelle, you are way out of line here. Do you belittle everyone's decisions in real life or do you just like beating up on people on message boards just because they don't agree with you?

I for one really resent your attitude and tone.

You do what is works for your family and I'll do what is right for mine. Hopefully none of our children will need too many years of therapy to recover from our poor parenting.:rolleyes2
Yes, I think she does infact like to belittle others. Last month she was all over a "picky eater" thread and was calling everyone bad parents over there because there really aren't picky eaters, just bad parents who have ruined their children's pallets. Then there was the "Would you let your 11 year old tour the parks alone" thread. She also considered everybody over there bad, hovering, overprotective parents that wouldn't let their 11 YEAR OLD tour the Disney parks alone. You simply can not have a civil, resonable discussion with a person who believes their opinion is always superior. We should all just drop it or at the least hope that the mods shut it down. It's like beating a dead horse at this point.

I don't think many people have problems with 7 year olds. There are some paranoid moms who feel the need to bring their 9+ year olds into the ladies room - please, let the young men use the mens room.

Or how about the much older 10-12 year old boys that ran into my DD at MK (ladies room) the other day? "Mom" was no where to be seen.

As far as "not leaving your child UNATTENDED"-
If you feel the need to take your son into the Ladies room to "protect" him. He NEEDS to be WITH you. Not terrorizing others.

Or how about the much older 10-12 year old boys that ran into my DD at MK (ladies room) the other day? "Mom" was no where to be seen.

If you feel the need to take your son into the Ladies room to "protect" him. He NEEDS to be WITH you. Not terrorizing others.

Not that I disagree, but that is completely different than what this thread is about. It's not the "can I let my child have free rein at WDW and go into the opposite sex bathroom without me" thread. :rolleyes: Yes, I hope this thread gets shut down because it's getting utterly rediculous.

10 or 12 year old boys terrorizing others in a public women's bathroom has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of is it okay to take your 7, or under, little boy in the restroom WITH you.

Did you report those boys to a CM? Did you look for their parent? Maybe their parents thought they didn't need any supervision and were wandering the parks alone. Thank goodness they didn't have those "hovering" "overprotective" parents hanging around and making them mind.

Okay, I've been sucked in once again. We absolutely must stop beating this dead horse!!!

10 or 12 year old boys terrorizing others in a public women's bathroom has absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of is it okay to take your 7, or under, little boy in the restroom WITH you.

Did you report those boys to a CM? Did you look for their parent? Maybe their parents thought they didn't need any supervision and were wandering the parks alone. Thank goodness they didn't have those "hovering" "overprotective" parents hanging around and making them mind.

Okay, I've been sucked in once again. We absolutely must stop beating this dead horse!!!

ITA! and Me too!! :lmao:

I haven't read the whole thread but from this last page it seems like it got messy.

I think at a busy place like Disney it would be irresponsible NOT to bring him into the restroom with you. It's not like you're at McDonald's standing outside of the door while he goes...

There are stories of 12 and 13 year olds being kidnapped .. 7 in MY opinion is still VERY young. If I heard my bro in law took my niece somewhere (she's 5.. but still) and didn't stay by her side the whole time, I"d be furious.. and she's not even MY baby.

Take him with you. I"ve seen older boys in the ladies room with their parents and never thought twice about it. It just shows how much you love him :thumbsup2

Those who disagree are the ones who end up in the news saying "I never thought it would happen to me.. i just turned my back for a minute"

Not that I disagree, but that is completely different than what this thread is about. It's not the "can I let my child have free rein at WDW and go into the opposite sex bathroom without me" thread. :rolleyes: Yes, I hope this thread gets shut down because it's getting utterly rediculous.

From my post: "Mom was no where to be SEEN". According to the boys-"Mom" was in a stall in the ladies room. SHE felt it was acceptable to take these two boys into the ladies room "with her". Hence my post about "if you feel you need to protect them, they need to be with you"

It is sad to see that there are a few people who can't respect the opinion of others and prefer to take a superior attitude. Kudos to you all for your superior parenting skills.

Ready to use the bathroom alone? You go in, do your business, wash up, and leave. Unless the child has some development delays, he is ready to use the bathroom at the age of 9! Unless, of course, his normal emotional development has been severely stunted by an overprotective mom, who won't let him out of her sight for a minute.

I agree. Nine is probably too old for the ladies room. Can you imagine taking a 9 year old girl in the men's room because her mom wasn't around? No way. Seven is iffy. It's a busy place, not her kid, I can see the concern. If mine can't go together or with my husband, or use a family restroom, I stand outside and say, "I'll be right here waiting." If in doubt I'll say, "You alright?" Most people in the men's room at WDW are dad's and kids. If there was a creep, he wouldn't go unnoticed for very long. Not to say you shouldn't be careful at WDW, but paranoia will destroy ya.
She could send him in a family restroom alone if she didn't feel comfortable joining him and he could lock the door while she is outside. Ofcourse while she went, he would be outside alone.

I haven't read all of the posts on this thread, but as the mother of 3 little boys (8, 5, 3) I have to say that I would NEVER let my boys go into a public restroom alone! In fact I was just at a Harlem Globetrotters game with my 8 year old son and I took him into the women's restroom with me. Some people looked strangely at me and one older woman asked me if it's appropriate. I simply told her that I would not send my 8 year old into a restroom at such an open, public place alone.
It just scares me to death to think of what could happen while he is alone in the restroom.
Now, I have taught him about the dangers and I trust him to use good judgement. However, a man twice his size could easily do something that he could not avoid.
I'm sorry to all of you who get upset, but when it comes to my kids- I will do everything in my power to keep them safe. What you do with your kids is none of my buisness, so don't make my kids your buisness.

I keep a close eye on my kids, 13 and 11, and I am probably overprotective. But at Disney World, there is often an attendant in the restrooms cleaning, and there are always other people in the restroom. I definitely do not worry at Disney. I let the kids go down to the hotel game room or lobby by themselves, and this year, may let them go to the parks on the bus by themselves.

I know there are always going to be a lot of overprotective parents around at Disney World, who I think would come to the aid of a kid in trouble. I can totally see a lynch mob forming if someone bothered a child in a restroom at Disney World. There are always Cms within yelling distance.

Disney World is not an easy target area. Predators look for easy targets. At Disney World, the criminal would have to pay for entry to the park, would be under near constant surveillance by cameras and undercover security (they are everywhere), and be around a lot of people. A much easier target would be the local mall, etc.

It is sad to see that there are a few people who can't respect the opinion of others and prefer to take a superior attitude. Kudos to you all for your superior parenting skills.

You are right. It IS sad that a few people can't respect others and different opinions.

It has nothing to do with superior parenting skills. It has an abundance to do with common sense, and not letting media hype bind our next generation as it obviously has this one.

There are enough scary things in this world that kids have to deal with. They shouldn't have to deal with their parent's boogeymen on top of them.

I agree with you 110%.:thumbsup2

From my post: "Mom was no where to be SEEN". According to the boys-"Mom" was in a stall in the ladies room. SHE felt it was acceptable to take these two boys into the ladies room "with her". Hence my post about "if you feel you need to protect them, they need to be with you"

OK, my apologies, I just misunderstood your post. "No where to be seen" sounded like she was no where near the restroom to me, not in one of the stalls. FWIW, I did say I agree w/you... Have a nice day....

OK, my apologies, I just misunderstood your post. "No where to be seen" sounded like she was no where near the restroom to me, not in one of the stalls. FWIW, I did say I agree w/you... Have a nice day....

No worries! :flower3:

Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter