Magic Kingdom closing early Monday December 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really irks me that they are taking away one of the few days for people to watch the fireworks. Magic Kingdom will be insane those 2 days left.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this info, we our in Disney this week also and I had not seen this info. My 180 window opened today and I was able to switch a couple of reservations around.
We are ap holders and our December trip will be our 4th of the year so missing HEA isn’t the end of the world for us but I would not be happy if I was going on a once in a lifetime trip this week.

MK is closing at 4:30 on 12/2. I’ve contacted Disney and they don’t know why. I’ve checked for conventions and don’t see anything. Pop Warner doesn’t start until the end of the week.
It’s not a MVMCP night either. Anyone know why?

MK is closing at 4:30 on 12/2. I’ve contacted Disney and they don’t know why. I’ve checked for conventions and don’t see anything. Pop Warner doesn’t start until the end of the week.
It’s not a MVMCP night either. Anyone know why?

Hi @twocat, I merged your post into this thread from the last few weeks where a similar topic has been being discussed. It is presumably the milestone service CM party that tends to happen in the Nov-Dec time frame.

My issue is sandwiching it between two party days. They should have had at least one normal day in between imho. We’re not late night people, so I was really looking forward to the 9 pm HEA. Now I have to stay until 10 pm or miss it. First world problems, I know.
Agree I was surprised to see the first week planning on there part

For the CM Party do they get to bring a guest or its just strictly the CMs celebrating? I think it's really nice that they do this for them. It's nice to be shown appreciation from your employer, which you don't always get from a company. I do think there are too many party nights. I went to a Halloween one and it was really crowded. I don't think we will do another one.

For the CM Party do they get to bring a guest or its just strictly the CMs celebrating? I think it's really nice that they do this for them. It's nice to be shown appreciation from your employer, which you don't always get from a company. I do think there are too many party nights. I went to a Halloween one and it was really crowded. I don't think we will do another one.

We went to one Christmas party and won’t go back due to the crowds, which is unfortunate. I wouldn’t even mind paying for it, and the concept sounds so much fun! But they oversell them so much it’s not even worth the money or time.

We went to one Christmas party and won’t go back due to the crowds, which is unfortunate. I wouldn’t even mind paying for it, and the concept sounds so much fun! But they oversell them so much it’s not even worth the money or time.
That's how I felt at the Halloween party. Some of the ride lines were longer than they were during the day and no fast pass is available at the party. And some character lines were three hours long. I liked the parade and fireworks, but not enough to pay for it again.

So you lose the ability to see HEA on this date. What you gain instead is the best day to go to any Disney World park for the whole year. That is a much better gain than loss on this one.

How dare Disney recognize the efforts and commitment of cast members that work hard to make our experiences in the park magical.

I'm really tired of these annual threads complaining about the CM party. These shorter hours are a known factor this time of year. Don't like it? Either go a different time of year or pay to attend the Christmas party.

How dare Disney recognize the efforts and commitment of cast members that work hard to make our experiences in the park magical.

I'm really tired of these annual threads complaining about the CM party. These shorter hours are a known factor this time of year. Don't like it? Either go a different time of year or pay to attend the Christmas party.
You obviously are not going to be in Disney this week. No one is saying they shouldn’t have an appreciation party for CM’s. we are saying they should do it during a week that the park is closing early for 4 nights for the Christmas party.
They could easley have this cm event during non-party season or god forbid don’t have 4 extra paid parties that specific week.

Frankly, I’m tired of people who can’t just leave a thread alone when they have nothing to contribute other than to complain about people sharing their legitimate thoughts and feelings (which is the point of a message board, after all). Don’t like the thread? Go find another one to post in.

:wave2: Reminder that the topic of this thread, as posted by the OP, is:
Why is MK closing early on December 2nd?

Answer: A corporate buy-out by Disney which occurs annually.

Please remain on topic so this thread may remain open.

Frankly, I’m tired of people who can’t just leave a thread alone when they have nothing to contribute other than to complain about people sharing their legitimate thoughts and feelings (which is the point of a message board, after all). Don’t like the thread? Go find another one to post in.
You're kind of doing the same thing that you're speaking out against...but not trying to go off-topic here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter