Marathon Weekend 2018

Count me in for the 2018 Dopey Challenge. It was so much fun running the home stretch with a huge pretzel and beer in hand and listening to everyone comment as I ran by. I have to do that again!

Ended up doing the full this past weekend when the half got cancelled. Needless to say, I was not prepared for the full so spent a lot of the second half struggling (and cursing) and not fully enjoying the Disney experience. I still had a good time but I think I want to go back in 2018 for the full or maybe the Goofy. That'll give me 11 months to prepare! :)

Was the 2017 Goofy sold out? Thinking of signing up for the Full first and possibly transfer over to the Goofy.

Planning on Goofy! I had a blast running the marathon this weekend, definitely wanted to run Mickey 25, and figured I'd just take it up a notch. Dopey is too many early wake-ups for me!!

FOR REAL.

This guy ...
@Keels I feel like you have to accept part of the blame. If you didn't do Dopey again we would believe John was leading people astray by trying to convince them to do these races but you guys made me think it would be a good idea.

You guys are too much! I am literally still recovering from this year. DH gently suggested that maybe the marathon isn't the best distance for me: too many things out of your control. My training went like clockwork but I got sick less than 24 hours before the race. You can train for 4 months and then get derailed by an injury, illness, weather, you name it. Thank goodness I was still able to run at least. It was an emotional rollercoaster this year, Saturday at noon I was crying on the phone to my mother that all my work was for nothing because I couldn't even leave the bathroom, and Sunday at noon I was celebrating in Epcot with my medal.
Having said that, a girlfriend saw what a great time I had during the race and asked if maybe I would want to run the marathon with her next year. If she is serious I guess I will be in for the marathon again. I have no idea how you maniacs run the challenges, I'd be a pile of dust at the end.

Did anyone else notice that the current event page for the 2018 marathon weekend mentions the 20th anniversary of the half as well as the 25th of the marathon?

Did anyone else notice that the current event page for the 2018 marathon weekend mentions the 20th anniversary of the half as well as the 25th of the marathon?
It looks to me like they just forgot to take that paragraph out when they changed the page over to 2018. If you scroll down there is another description of the half under the Half marathon heading that doesn't mention the 20th anniversary at all. Just another fine example of runDisney's proofreading skills.

It looks to me like they just forgot to take that paragraph out when they changed the page over to 2018. If you scroll down there is another description of the half under the Half marathon heading that doesn't mention the 20th anniversary at all. Just another fine example of runDisney's proofreading skills.

You're assuming runDisney has proofreaders. ;)

I'm planning on using this year's half deferral to run the half in 2018! (I better get in because Marathon Weekend is the only race weekend I can actually commit to until I graduate from law school haha)

I was looking at the pricing for next year and it seems they finally jumped up the 5K to $80.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter