It's such a gamble on Kali, I've been everything from soaked to pretty much dry getting off. It is fun, but too short I think.

I’ve been on similar rides as a kid and I’m just not taking the gamble in a park where being drenched for, minimum, a couple hours doesn’t seem like it would be fun. I’d really like that type of ride in the middle of a water park, and they could even add more water elements to somewhat guarantee everyone gets soaked. But water parks generally don’t have as much real estate, so I can understand why they don’t have them.

SAFD: Obviously not something everyone can do but I love to cool off in the DVC lounge in Epcot. Get something free to drink, charge up your devices, and just relax for a little bit before getting back to it.

Good evening, runDisney all-stars! I'm getting up super early tomorrow to catch a plan out west for a national parks/Las Vegas trip (if I win big, we're all staying at Poly! ;) ). With that in mind, I'm coming at you with an early edition of Sundays are for Disney:

We skipped spring and went straight to summer in the Midwest (it's been sitting around 90 all day). Rumor has it, Florida gets pretty hot, too (marathon weekend notwithstanding), so what's your favorite way to cool off at Disney World?

We haven't had to deal with the heat much during our few trips, but I like to cool off with an indoor attraction like Philharmagic or Finding Nemo: The Musical or with a water ride, like Kali River Rapids or Splash Mountain.

Have a good week, everyone! I hope to come home to some news about registration.

We went twice in Augusts before...never again!

I like to cool off with an ice cream or cold beverage because they don't seem to be keeping the AC very cool lately. As for a wet ride-Kali hands down!

SAFD: We wear moisture wicking clothing. Cotton is your worst enemy during FL summers. It gets damp and stays damp. We go to the parks at rope drop and leave around lunch time or in the late afternoon. We are lucky we live so close because if we get too hot we just leave.

!!! Okay !!! By the time 180 day ADR's come about I should know what the heck I'm doing with myself come January :)

Also, that sounds lovely. I had an afternoon tea on Saturday but it was at my cousins house for the royal wedding and we mostly just drank prosecco and ate small cupcakes. So not quite exactly the same.

Picture from my Royal Afternoon Tea at The Empress. It was amazing! Hope you decide to run Marathon Weekend so we can go for tea at the GF!

9C458446-4C1A-4891-A755-4D8982D81BD8.jpeg

Rumor has it, Florida gets pretty hot, too (marathon weekend notwithstanding), so what's your favorite way to cool off at Disney World?
:rotfl2: "Rumor has it..." Floridian here... yep, it's HOT from May through early Oct. We visit WDW over July 4th week every year and we handle the heat there just as we do at home: by mostly avoiding the outdoors until evening and staying in the AC as much as possible! I also use an umbrella for times I have to be in the sun for more than a minute or two; it helps a lot.

It rained for a bit when we went to WDW in November, so we dipped into the Frozen Sing Along and regretted every freaking second of it.

As for the heat, we tend to go to Disneyland mostly between May and September, although I think a Halloween trip might happen this fall, and we love to cool off in the Little Mermaid ride, or with ice cream, and lots of water! I am anxiously awaiting Pixar Pier to be done so we can go back to DL/DCA. It's gonna be hot and crowded but I don't even care!

It rained for a bit when we went to WDW in November, so we dipped into the Frozen Sing Along and regretted every freaking second of it.

Um ... I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. I love the Frozen Song Along. Its hysterical.
(I'm also obsessed with Frozen, so theres that)

Not a Frozen fan?

It at least has some comedy aspects.
Let It Go is the worst Disney song invented. And that's coming from a mom whose daughter did not become Frozen obsessed, thank gosh. It was comical towards the end. But sitting there watching these grown women singing along with so much conviction was just too much for me.

Um ... I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. I love the Frozen Song Along. Its hysterical.
(I'm also obsessed with Frozen, so theres that)
Stop breaking up with me!!! Haha

Let It Go is the worst Disney song invented.

I can agree with that statement (although I did discover that its slightly less terrible if you listen to it while walking in the snow ... but it's still pretty bad). I love "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" and "In Summer", though.

Stop breaking up with me!!! Haha

Yeah ... I'm basically like the worst sometimes. Sorry. Maybe we can still be friends and just not go to Hollywood Studios together. Or just stick to Starbucks. That could work.

You guys are killing me! I love both of those songs! I could go with Let It Go being the most overplayed/overhyped Disney song ever, but never the worst. :duck:
At least you dont like the songs from Home on the Range so we can stay friends

Maybe we can still be friends and just not go to Hollywood Studios together.
We can go to Hollywood Studios together, just not to Frozen, haha.

Worse than Shiny from Moana
.... I don't mind that song.

I could go with Let It Go being the most overplayed/overhyped Disney song ever, but never the worst.
Sarah might actually break up with me for reals over this but... Frozen the movie is overhyped. When my husband and I finally watched it, we were like "That's it? This is what everyone thinks is the best Disney movie ever? Meh." The song just concretes that fact into my brain.

But anyway, to each their own. Love who you love, guys.

Sarah might actually break up with me for reals over this but... Frozen the movie is overhyped. When my husband and I finally watched it, we were like "That's it? This is what everyone thinks is the best Disney movie ever? Meh." The song just concretes that fact into my brain.

Gasp.
(I actually think Frozen is overhyped a bit too. It's not the best Disney movie ever. But I do think it's really cute and I enjoy it a lot.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter