Marathon Weekend 2023

Where are y’all staying? I’m contemplating staying in a Disney hotel next time… I did the Hilton Bonnet Creek which I loved everything about except for the reallyyy long walk back to the bus after the races.

Where are y’all staying? I’m contemplating staying in a Disney hotel next time… I did the Hilton Bonnet Creek which I loved everything about except for the reallyyy long walk back to the bus after the races.
I booked the same hotel as last weekend: Caribbean Beach. It worked out well and I can stomach rack rate for a standard room. I will keep my eye out for a good deal on something else as the year goes on, but I'm happy enough with this if it doesn't

I'm planning to be back at Caribbean Beach. French Quarter has always been my favorite, but the Skyliner has been a game changer for me.

Not sure what I'm doing next year. I can tell you it WON'T be Dopey!!! I'd like to try Wine and Dine, so I might wait for W&D 2023. I don't really want to go back until my pace improves significantly and I don't have to be constantly calculating my time during the run.

I've only ever done Princess and MW, but one thing I noticed is that MW seems to have more solo runners. When I did Princess solo I felt really left out as it seemed everyone was part of a huge group.

I think I am going to either book PO Riverside again or see if I can get into Hilton Bonnet Creek. It would be nice to have the extra room and two bathrooms for our family.

I am too enticed by the anniversary to not try for Dopey in 2023. A bit anxious about registration and the level of demanD there will be. Not going to buy into Club runDisney though. I bring up one more expense and my DW is going to kill me! Not sure where we/I will stay until we know family obligations - school, work, etc. If a full family trip then likely we will go back to Wilderness Lodge, if just me I think we will save the points and I will head back to POP, great solo stay.

Not sure what I'm doing next year. I can tell you it WON'T be Dopey!!! I'd like to try Wine and Dine, so I might wait for W&D 2023. I don't really want to go back until my pace improves significantly and I don't have to be constantly calculating my time during the run.

I've only ever done Princess and MW, but one thing I noticed is that MW seems to have more solo runners. When I did Princess solo I felt really left out as it seemed everyone was part of a huge group.

I saw a lot of Solo runners at Star Wars weekend...and Boba Fett...and Wookies...
😉
(I'll see myself out now)

I have stayed at WL, POFQ and YC on different race weekends. The only one of these I wouldn't do again is YC. Lesson learned from that one is that I want a resort with a food court. If you have DVC rooms this isn't as much of an issue, but staying in regular rooms, the food court is such a convenience and I just didn't want to deal with reservations for so many meals. We are staying at CSR for Princess. I have a savanna room at AKL booked for MW because it's my favorite resort and I know I won't be in the parks as much and I will likely be alone. If I'm hanging at the resort, that's where I want to hang.

I hate getting on the phone so I booked 12/31-1/10 online and put down the $200 deposit. In a few months I'll just go in and drop the front few days.
I considered that too! But the phone was pretty painless yesterday. Less than 10 minutes from dialing to hanging up.

I did add a day buffer to either end of the trip though. I likely will drop 1 or both of them before the trip, but just in case I put them on there. Same deposit either way.

I got 2022 Dopey done and am ready for a break from the big mileage, so I’m looking at the 10K and half for 2023. No hotel booking for a while - I’m happy being offsite!

I promised I wouldn't do the Dopey 2 years in a row but with it being the 10th anniversary I am tempted though it would likely need to be a solo trip as the 3am wake ups combined with park days wiped me out. If I don't do Dopey I'll either "just" do the full or skip 2023 altogether as we're seriously contemplating W&D in 23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter