Matching shirts. Yay or Nay

sheri18

DIS Veteran
would love to get matching shirts for our family trip in January. Not sure where to look. Just curious what’s the opinion
DH says nay. I say yay

I say Yay too! Why not, it's your vacation. I've seen some really cute one's around the parks. Etsy's a great place to start looking at some different ones.

We wear matching shirts every trip each day. The family likes to pick out the shirts on etsy.

I love them on other families (I always notice and think they’re cute and admire the creativity of a lot of them). My family doesn’t do them. For me it adds another layer of planning and I don’t have my act together on that level. We are also approaching the point where our 14 year old will refuse to be seen in public with us, so I’m guessing if I handed her a matching shirt that would result in more aggravation than I need. We do wear things that coordinate.

The situation is reversed on my end.
The man loves to wear matching or color-coordinated clothing. I don't.

Still, if all are on board, the world is your oyster with Etsy taking the lead as pp have pointed out.

We've done matching, but more out of necessity. With 6 kids, it's so easy for one to get lost in the crowd. Bright red shirts with mickey ears were a life saver last trip. And it actually did end up being fun for all of us to match. We certainly got lots of compliments :) Grandma and Grandpa came along on that trip and were at first apprehensive about matching - but in the end they loved it and it gave us a real group identity!

Yay! But I make my husband and 4 year old son make them wear matching shirts with me on regular home days and not just on vacation. I know the kid won't do this forever so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I love them, but DS grew out of them a few trips ago. (DH rolls his eyes, but will go with if he's outvoted.)

I have a new strategy this time, htough - different colors, but same small-ish design (like a logo placement, instead of the whole shirt). Wish me luck!

I like to put my kids in matching/coordinating and DH and I in something that goes with (read doesn't clash/standout). No way my DH would ever wear family shirts and I think it's cute for the kids, so that's how I get around it.

We have 6 young grandkids and having matching colors and shirts on them and it makes it easier to keep them in view and spot them all of the time. They enjoy it as well
I did a version of this when we camped. Kiddos were bedazzled in glow head bands/necklaces and bracelets. Got worse for the 4th of July and Bastille Day when their bikes were also festooned with glow sticks. They thought it was grandma/grand aunt cool; I did it to know where they were;).
For our last July Disney trip I bought the 2 kiddos glow in the dark skate sneakers so they could feel a sense of independence while I continued to keep an eye on them.

Yay!
It's like you read my mind. I spent the entire day looking at family shirts. I am borrowing my friend's cricut and am going to try my hand at making heat transfer vinyl for the 7 of us.

Any tips from my DIS family is greatly appreciated!

We actually started doing either matching or coordinated shirts on vacations at DHs request! He loves it when he can have daddy/son shirts that coordinate for him and my son, and I think it's the cutest thing ever. We don't do it everyday, and on this trip I think we will have 3 of 8 days where we actually have coordinating Disney shirts, only 1 is actually matching. But my son will have disney/marvel clothes for the whole trip!

Nay for us too. DD would do it but DH wouldn't. He will wear disney shirts, just not all matchy with DD & I. If I had more kids to keep track of I might consider it for the kids. If one wandered off I could say they are dressed like the sibling. As it is I just take a picture of DD when we leave the room so I know have she's wearing that day.

Hi. Thanks all for the responses. They will be 11 of us ..Me, my DH, DS1, DIL1, DS2, DIL2, and 5 grandkids...so I think at least on day of family shirts are in order...hopefully they will humor me...I hav e been buying Disney tees with Mickey, Minnnie ect..on clearance for the kiddies.. They can be expensive so. One day only for me...at least with family name shirts....now. Mickey and Minnie ....hopefully. Van find all sizes on clearance .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter