My issues with the multi-use toiletries

No difference between them touching a pump and touching the water controls. Or the shower door. Or housekeeping having to touch the little bottles to put them out or move them. Not sure how touching the pump is any different than touching anything else many hands have been on. Which is something you can't avoid if you leave your house.

Till some kid or drunk adult decides it would be funny to put some urine or maybe something else in one of the bottles; how many groups of teens have their own room? I've seen some, not Disney, hotels with the shared dispenser and the locking screw was just hanging lose.

I always have my own toiletries when I travel, if not, it's not to hard to stop by a local store to pick some up. So it's not that big of a deal to me.

Yep, either bring mine when I travel to manhattan or the Florida panhandle beaches. No community stuff any where I stay. Yea! In Orlando I have everything I need in my owners locker. We have a car too, so we are good if we need to replenish supplies. All good. I’ll ignore the mounted stuff if they opt to add it to BWv.

No difference between them touching a pump and touching the water controls. Or the shower door. Or housekeeping having to touch the little bottles to put them out or move them. Not sure how touching the pump is any different than touching anything else many hands have been on. Which is something you can't avoid if you leave your house.

Or how about the people who decline housekeeping and sleep naked and are restless and manage to remove the sheets from the beds. Or sit in the chairs naked.

It’s not so much the pump but the nozzle the product comes out of. Bacteria can get sucked back up from used wash cloth, hand.....that is under it. Some people will put washcloth used on body parts right under nozzle to get more body wash for example. When you release pump stuff held right under it gets sucked up. Bleck.

The nozzle for our conditioner was completely broken off when we checked in and stayed that way the entire 2 weeks we were there. Since I bring my own and we weren't planning to use it anyway, I didn't report it.

Just us - DVC, BRV owners. Booked NOV 2018, and APR 2019.

In future? Packing our own soap, shampoo, etc. We want nothing to do with this garbage....

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong. Others will do as they chose to do.

The nozzle for our conditioner was completely broken off when we checked in and stayed that way the entire 2 weeks we were there. Since I bring my own and we weren't planning to use it anyway, I didn't report it.

Likely still broken. So much for HK checking and refilling this.

Not locked down..... those would look nice sitting on my sinks at home! :jumping1:

Right?!?! They have that spa look going.

And I believe that will happen. Now will Disney add them to your bill?

Wow, those are definitely nice looking. That was my first thought: people are gonna think these are just your own personal supply & take them home. They are much nicer than the huge plastic square things I was picturing in my head. And they do look like they would last a family just about a week. Do we know if Disney changes out the bottles when they are empty & just moves the pump to a new bottle? Seems like it will take a few minutes to refill them.

It’s not so much the pump but the nozzle the product comes out of. Bacteria can get sucked back up from used wash cloth, hand.....that is under it. Some people will put washcloth used on body parts right under nozzle to get more body wash for example. When you release pump stuff held right under it gets sucked up. Bleck.
Wow some people are so paranoid about little things these days - how did we humans manage to survive for so long?

I wonder if Disney predicted that a lot of people would go this route, and the real goal was to minimize use of hotel-provided shampoos, etc. by grossing people out with communal dispensers, so that they bring their own items.

Oh I totally see toiletries going away in hotel rooms in the future.

They could slowly reduce it to the old POP Century dispensers that offered only shampoo. They could even just put up a generic liquid soap you could use all over if you didn't pack your own.

Small ones of special kinds will be available for purchase in gift shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter