New security measure: Do not disturb signs being Removed!

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by BraveLittleToaster2, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STLstone

STLstone DIS Veteran

It has a low possibility of stopping a gunman, but it will increase Disney's ability to claim they had a reasonable set of policies in place to help prevent a Las Vegas-like incident.

disneyseniors, sfbank and maxiesmom like this.
  2. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Then I feel bad for you. Disney is not hurting for business. The only thing that might change their mind is a huge uprising, and I'm not sure they are getting that. Or if even that would give them pause.

sfbank likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Exactly. And I doubt a few people complaining will get them to change their minds.

STLstone likes this.
  5. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

Where are you getting that idea?

6. Roxyfire

Roxyfire Is butter a carb?

Because either they're being sarcastic (which technically isn't allowed on these boards) or have whipped themselves into a frenzy without knowing what actually is happening. I'm really hoping for the former.

7. esmoglo

esmoglo Earning My Ears

Been allot of rumors & debate about the new policy has anyone been directly affected by it, good bad or in different? We always stay at Fort Wilderness so I doubt Disney will look into peoples RV’s.

DisTXMom likes this.
  8. disneyseniors

disneyseniors DIS Veteran

I'm afraid that my husband will have the very same reaction, IF I tell him before we go in Feb:)
    I'm holding that info off til we are on the plane to WDW. I know him and how he reacts. The many idiotic changes/charges over the past few years have him doubting going to Disney, even though we enjoy our trips. I can see him getting upset about this new change.
    I hope that all the "hype" and fears will not be proven true when people actually begin reporting about this new change?
    Until then, I will not tell my husband until we are safely in the air, if at all and will keep the latch on the door and the sign up when we are in the room. We both have health issues, and we need rest in the middle of the day in order to be able to function. So we will be upset if anyone knocks when the room is occupied, but am awaiting judgment until we see what it's really like.

Grumpy_42K likes this.
  9. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

A poster reported in another thread reported a few days ago that nothing changed with their stay. Normal housekeeping routine.

10. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson DIS Veteran

Normal housekeeping in what manner?

I guess I'm looking for more information on when people put up their DND (or room occupied or off to neverland or whatever it is called) sign up rather than having housekeeping come into their room because they wanted their room cleaned.

11. Summer2018

Summer2018 DIS Veteran

I understand their reasoning, and yes, I want to be safe. It’s just that we must have turned away housekeeping half of the time on our last trip because they always came at the most inconvenient times possible. We’d be returning from a morning in the park and trying to nap or change for the pool. I think our room got cleaned 3 times total. We even put a request into the front desk for them to come between 8:00 am & 12:00 pm. Never happened.

disneyseniors and Grumpy_42K like this.
  12. marcyleecorgan

marcyleecorgan DIS Veteran

From the initial first reporting by the member who shared that her husband was out of the room, the CM knocked and came in while her 2 girls were in the tub, and wouldn't stop advancing into the room... to the point where the children were crying about a "strange man in their hotel room". I am not sure where to find it?

But if CM's knock and I say, "we're not decent" or "we are in the bathroom" and they continue to try to open the door and visually verify this... sorry, my personal safety training reflexes will probably kick in. More so if I have my DD with me... :( Especially don't want trouble when I tell them to show me some ID through the keyhole because I've got street smarts and I don't open the door to people I don't know, AND they are continuing to behave in a threatening manner by not showing their badge and being respectful that I might not want to flaunt my family's nudity while we are locked up in our hotel room... ;)

LongLiveRafiki and Summer2018 like this.
  13. 22Tink

22Tink DIS Veteran

It was later stated that this report was false and the post was removed

14. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

15. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

That would be the report from someone who created a username to post false and inflammatory information so I wouldn't use that as your example.

Summer2018 likes this.
  16. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Thanks but that still is when they requested housekeeping. I was looking for people who have in essense declined housekeeping by using their DND (or whatever it is called) sign. The poster you quoted still requested housekeeping.

Just from me personally it's common for my husband and I to decline housekeeping for days at a time. So I was looking for someone who has declined housekeeping using the sign for a few days rather than arranged for housekeeping (as the poster advised they asked for housekeeping to come before 1pm) in order to see if having that sign up for a few days would trigger them to send someone to do a quick check. As I understood it (and I could be wrong about it) it was either housekeeping came into your room to clean your room or a quick check (if you used the sign to say you didn't want housekeeping).

17. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

Perhaps you aren't finding anything because there is nothing out of the ordinary to report.

akadada likes this.
  18. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

I don't know why you couldn't quote me when you did before :confused3

I wasn't scouring the DIS for reports. I said "looking for more information" and was specific on what I was looking for. I don't know why you felt the need to be snarky when there was no need to be. If there hadn't been anyone who has commented on the multiple threads I'm sure are out there who had the DND sign up for a few days then that's all I needed or basically a simple "I don't think someone has commented yet who has declined housekeeping for a few days" would have been all you needed to say.

If you know someone who has declined housekeeping entirely with the sign up for a few days then please let me know otherwise your comment of "because there is nothing out of the ordinary to report" is meaningless.

Summer2018 likes this.
  19. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

Am I required to quote you?

I wasn't being snarky. It was an honest observation that could be the reason and therefore not meaningless.

I'm sorry I hit on a sensitive subject for you.

marikujawa likes this.
  20. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Oh please. You know exactly what I meant. You're not being helpful at all when I was asking a geniune question. If you don't have any helpful information then perhaps it's best to just move on from directing your comments towards me.

21. Allison

Allison DIS Veteran

I don't think I do know what you meant.

You are reading something into my post that isn't there. It was a genuine comment and I am sorry it was taken the wrong way.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.